*********Walking Dead-Season 7*********

262,063 Views | 1965 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Milkman
Ghost91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClickClack said:

Ghost91 said:

CDub06 said:

I'm sick of Carol at this point.
This. Look, I appreciate Bad-Ass Carol as much as anyone, and I get the whole 'act like a meek little lady to stay off the radar' thing, but man they're just hamming it up at this point.

Not sure if the writers/directors are telling her to overdo the hokey thing or if it's all on the actress, but geez - no need to act like an over the top character out of 'Leave It To Beaver' nonstop.

"Golly gee whiz, COBBLER?? Hee hee hee, cobbler!" and "Put some chocolate in front of THIS girl and watch it disappear faster than you can say hocus-pocus! You bet your sweet pa-tootie!!".

Stupid.

You summed up what I was trying to say better than I could. It's annoying and over the top.
Aw, shucks and golly-gee willickers...You're just the cat's meow for saying that to 'lil ol' me!
ClickClack
AG
Seriously when she said the line about the chocolate I wanted the tiger to maul her right there
chipotle
I really wanted negan to be at the door...and then beat her to death. It's what Ed would have wanted.
ClickClack
AG
chipotle said:

I really wanted negan to be at the door...and then beat her to death. It's what Ed would have wanted.
Chipotlemonger
AG
TheOriginalRedBaron said:

It cracks me up when people start complaining about something in a zombie apocalypse show being unrealistic. Hello people, we have zombies.

As for the complaints about nothing happening, also just not true. It's called "pacing" and a frenetic edge of your seat pace cannot be maintained and is not entertaining. You have to slow it down to speed it back up again. Not every show can be about lead characters getting their head smashed in with baseball bats, some have to be about introducing and developing new characters.

In terms of character introduction, development and story line movement a LOT happened in last night's show. In one show Carol recovers (both physically and psychically), we meet The Kingdom, we meet the Kingdom's leader who is first presented to us as flat out crazy. They could have strung that along but by the end of the show Ezekiel through self exposition is revealed as not crazy at all but an effective leader, we discover that The Kingdom is not only aware of The Saviors but among those paying them off and that there is tension associated with that. We have the mystery of what tainted pig meat might do.

There's a lot to chew on in that episode and I think it was a great episode, one that further suggests this season is shaping up well.

This deserves a bump for the new page.

Completely agree that this week's episode was good. There was a lot that happened.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I still enjoyed the episode, but I do agree with some of the complaints about what they've done with Carol's character. They took her naive act from Alexandria and doubled-down on it. This is someone that has survived several years of the zombie apocolypse -> you can't have her overdo the "aww shucks, okie dokie" act that she was doing. It was way too much.
JaxDad
AG
I think we have a few good scenes with the tiger ripping apart humans/walkers but eventually will get killed by either Negan or a group of walkers.
GoneGirl
AG
Ghost91 said:

CDub06 said:

I'm sick of Carol at this point.
This. Look, I appreciate Bad-Ass Carol as much as anyone, and I get the whole 'act like a meek little lady to stay off the radar' thing, but man they're just hamming it up at this point.

Not sure if the writers/directors are telling her to overdo the hokey thing or if it's all on the actress, but geez - no need to act like an over the top character out of 'Leave It To Beaver' nonstop.

"Golly gee whiz, COBBLER?? Hee hee hee, cobbler!" and "Put some chocolate in front of THIS girl and watch it disappear faster than you can say hocus-pocus! You bet your sweet pa-tootie!!".

Stupid.
I know, I was left wondering if she's a bad actress or just really a bad actress.
Stive
AG
Some of her lines were really cheesy last night. That being said, the actor/actress that needs to portrait "acting" on screen, to a visible point that it's obvious enough to be caught by Ezekial.....that's a tough spot to do.

She needed to be cheesy enough that someone would notice. Cheesy enough that the audience would know she was putting on, and not just her Alexandria role. It was supposed to be over the top so we would all not be totally suprised when the king picked up on it in the garden.

TheOriginalRedBaron
Stive said:

Some of her lines were really cheesy last night. That being said, the actor/actress that needs to portrait "acting" on screen, to a visible point that it's obvious enough to be caught by Ezekial.....that's a tough spot to do.

She needed to be cheesy enough that someone would notice. Cheesy enough that the audience would know she was putting on, and not just her Alexandria role. It was supposed to be over the top so we would all not be totally suprised when the king picked up on it in the garden.

He's better at acting like he's acting without it looking like he's acting than she is because he's done community theater.
Chipotlemonger
AG
JaxDad said:

I think we have a few good scenes with the tiger ripping apart humans/walkers but eventually will get killed by either Negan or a group of walkers.

They definitely set it up for the tiger being a key plot point. Killing the tiger would set King Ezekiel off.
chipotle
The second he went on to say how good the tiger was I was like, "awww, poor thing is gonna die terribly."
CDub06
AG
chipotle said:

The second he went on to say how good the tiger was I was like, "awww, poor thing is gonna die terribly."
Same. And I thought Ezekiel's attendant was awesome, but then I thought about how he's going to die terribly as well.
Ghost91
Yep, they've set it up perfectly. Kingdom folk will be all passive-peacey until tiger's head comes rolling through the garden and stops at King's feet, then it's gonna be on like Donkey Kong.
mm98
AG
PJYoung said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Is the tiger CGI?

Really?

No, its made from pieces of real tiger...
91_Aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I still enjoyed the episode, but I do agree with some of the complaints about what they've done with Carol's character. They took her naive act from Alexandria and doubled-down on it. This is someone that has survived several years of the zombie apocolypse -> you can't have her overdo the "aww shucks, okie dokie" act that she was doing. It was way too much.
I might be giving more benefit of doubt than she is deserving, but I think it could be explained by "she was caught so off-guard at the craziness of the scene before her, that she was trying so hard to not be caught laughing at Ezekiel that she overdid the act to keep from laughing out loud at him.
AtlAg05
AG
ClickClack said:

Yeah why did they feed the pigs walker meat?

1) So that they'd look bigger to the Saviors

2) To contaminate the meat and infect the Saviors somehow

3) Something else?

I believe the correct response is:
How is there any meat left on the Z's? Shouldn't they have decomposed at this point?

And....go!
Aggie Joe 93
AG
KE seems to use the tiger as emotional intimidation rather than a combat tool. For example, the tiger has limited effectiveness in a battlefield full of men with automatic fire arms.

I like "the Kingdom" addition to the story lines. This last week was a bit like the one-off episode about Morgan's training and now dead mentor. We got some significant "story line"; even though we didn't see anything of the main group.
91_Aggie
AG
AtlAg05 said:

ClickClack said:

3) Something else?

How is there any meat left on the Z's? Shouldn't they have decomposed at this point?

And....go!
1. you don't know how long they've been walkers and
2. the physiology of the Walkers hasn't been explained as to what keeps them moving/"Alive". Perhaps that keeps all the "meat" from decomposing? It's a show based on a comic book... so who the hell knows.

I think it is #2 and if they don't think that works, then they are just doing what they can to "get back" at them... like a waiter spitting in your food because you are a bad customer.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
AtlAg05 said:

ClickClack said:

3) Something else?

And....go!

You assume that everybody that died, died at the same time?
the dude10
AG
91_Aggie said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I might be giving more benefit of doubt than she is deserving, but I think it could be explained by "she was caught so off-guard at the craziness of the scene before her, that she was trying so hard to not be caught laughing at Ezekiel that she overdid the act to keep from laughing out loud at him.

That's exactly the way I took it. She thought it was so ridiculous she was almost laughing. Carol has played the sweet and innocent card very well already so I am assuming the acting this time was intentional for the reasons you described.
GoneGirl
AG
AtlAg05 said:

ClickClack said:

3) Something else?

And....go!
New ones keep getting made everytime someone dies and doesn't get their brain sliced.
TheOriginalRedBaron
Quote:

the physiology of the Walkers hasn't been explained as to what keeps them moving/"Alive". Perhaps that keeps all the "meat" from decomposing? It's a show based on a comic book... so who the hell knows.
I think it is ultimately not possible to comport what we observe about zombies with the Laws of Thermodynamics. But we watch Star Trek and Star Wars even though they violate Einstein's laws, and Game of Thrones even though it has dragons, ice walkers, and people being raised from completely dead to be just fine. And let's not even get started on superhero movies.

Such universes exist in imagination. It's fun to play "what if?" It has been since we were kids. We get enough of real life in real life. Fantasy worlds are fun to imagine from Harry Potter to the zombie apocalypse.
toucan82
TxElsie said:

AtlAg05 said:

ClickClack said:

3) Something else?

And....go!
New ones keep getting made everytime someone dies and doesn't get their brain sliced.

What? Since when?
ClickClack
AG
It's like when you cut a part of a starfish off and throw it into the ocean.
Sea Gull
AG
Great episode. KE is a good character, and Morgan is starting to become more normal it seems.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Duck Patrol said:

Great episode. KE is a good character, and Morgan is starting to become more normal it seems.
Yeah. Carol seems to be getting annoying but by doing so its driving Morgan back to not being annoying
israeliag
AG
I really liked this episode. Brought back some hope and world building that I thought they dashed with the first episode.

Will be interesting to not just see Alexandria, The Library, and The Kingdom come together, but how seemingly the world continues to grow with all these city-states popping up.

I wasn't crazy about the reptitiveness of Carol trying to flee, but I do like where they took it and how King Zeke helped her both "leave and not leave". I was actually hoping she'd end up being a spy within the Saviors, but her as a hermit away from Kingdom, but still a days trip, is interesting.

And Morgan continues to be a terrific character for me, that I love watching how he adapts, and how the world is changed by him (yes, he's not perfect, but he's unique and at the core is one of the most "good" characters in the show).
Chipotlemonger
AG
Uh-oh, that label is powerful.

We all knows what happens to the moral centerpole good characters on this show.
GCRanger
AG
Who were The Library people? I can't remember.
What happened to Jesus and The Hill people (queue the Lothar song)
Are there any Wolves left out there?
What city is The Kingdom nearby the one that they went into to get the pigs?
Are there any horse socks? Is anybody listening to me?

I liked this episode and I like how the universe is expanding beyond the core group to these different tribes. It will be interesting to see how they all interact. I hope we get more background on Negan and where he came from, who he was before the collapse. My assumption is that some of the core group will want a knee-jerk reaction of revenge on Negan, and forget that it didn't work out too well the last time. While others will want to reinforce Alexandria and start doing Negan's deeds while they secretly band together with the other groups being "taxed" by Negan.

dave94
AG
I'm also curious about the geography of all these different locations. How close is everyone to each other?
ClickClack
AG
I want to see a wolves vs negan battle while the Alexandrians/The Kingdom eat popcorn and watch from a distance.
Ghost91
Quote:

What happened to Jesus and The Hill people (queue the Lothar song)

NICE. I get it.
HtownAg92
AG
Quote:

Are there any horse socks? Is anybody listening to me?
If peeing your pants is cool, then I'm Miles Davis.

Can someone remind me how long it has been since the world ended? It seems like it would take a long time to build such a large and organized power as the Saviors. And also to totally dehumanize to that degree.
Stive
AG
Maybe I'm a pessimist in this regard, but I think the dehumanizing would happen a lot faster than most of us would want to see or expect it to happen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.