*** WONDER WOMAN ***

86,141 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bruce Almighty
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

• At the time, I thought it was weird at the very end when back in present day she was staring at the picture and the camera view emphasized that she was looking at herself and was completely ignoring and not reminiscing about her first love. I thought that was strange. Maybe because she knows he's alive and has seen him since WWI.

I could be wrong but I could swear that she wrote back to Bruce Wayne thanking him for sending her the picture because it brought back so many memories of Steve. Something about it bringing her close to him again or something along those lines.
taxpreparer
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

That is correct in the comics.

But if the Wonder Woman sequel set in the 80's is going to tell us that Steve Trevor became "our" Green Lantern, how has 30 years passed and no one has even seen him?

Again, I'm overthinking this. It's a f-ing comic book movie. I just really want DC to not have these contradictions where fans can pick apart their movie universe so easily. It just makes Marvel's continuity strategy just so much more well thought-out and refined.
Have you been reading the Spiderman thread? Lot's of complaining about the characters; especially Flash.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
FL_Ag1998
AG
taxpreparer said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

But if the Wonder Woman sequel set in the 80's is going to tell us that Steve Trevor became "our" Green Lantern, how has 30 years passed and no one has even seen him?

Again, I'm overthinking this. It's a f-ing comic book movie. I just really want DC to not have these contradictions where fans can pick apart their movie universe so easily. It just makes Marvel's continuity strategy just so much more well thought-out and refined.
Have you been reading the Spiderman thread? Lot's of complaining about the characters; especially Flash.

Lol, the complaints about the shortcomings of one minor character vs. complaints about the shortcomings of everything in the DC cinematic universe.
fig96
AG
taxpreparer said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Flash is really the only character people are complaining about, but in any case how they treated one minor character isn't really related to the overall universe development and connectedness. The comparison there isn't even close.
MooreTrucker
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

• At the time, I thought it was weird at the very end when back in present day she was staring at the picture and the camera view emphasized that she was looking at herself and was completely ignoring and not reminiscing about her first love. I thought that was strange. Maybe because she knows he's alive and has seen him since WWI.

I could be wrong but I could swear that she wrote back to Bruce Wayne thanking him for sending her the picture because it brought back so many memories of Steve. Something about it bringing her close to him again or something along those lines.
I think it was "thank you for bringing him back to me"
Belton Ag
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Belton Ag said:

Quote:

I think it was "thank you for bringing him back to me"
YouBet
AG
Man, I remember it being weird that she didn't acknowledge him. Maybe i was distracted by her beauty.
Noblemen06
AG
YouBet said:

Man, I remember it being weird that she didn't acknowledge him. Maybe i was distracted by her beauty.

Happens to the best of us
No Bat Soup For You
AG
This movie is unrealistic. If Gal Gadot jumped through a brick wall wearing a skimpy outfit no man's initial reaction is going to be to try to shoot her.
shaynew1
AG
hennyj15 said:

This movie is unrealistic. If Gal Gadot jumped through a brick wall wearing a skimpy outfit no man's initial reaction is going to be to try to shoot her.

Speak for yourself
MAT
AG
hennyj15 said:

She possesses the ultimate man killer weapon!
Bruce Almighty
AG
Well she is a Jew fighting Germany.
MAT
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Just passed 300 mil domestically and is up to 610 mil globally.

Jenkin's WW has officially passed Lloyd's Mama Mia for top female filmmaker.

Fantastic, you should be very proud! We all recognize how invested you are in this movie. Please, keep us updated!

Wonder Wonder has been the best original movie (non-sequel, non-remake) thus far this year.

And it's legs are as good as Gal Gadot's. It's opening weekend was lower than BvS, MoS and SS, yet it has passed them all domestically for the top DCEU movie. It's poised to make almost 16 mil domestically in its FIFTH weekend, which places it in the top 15 all-time for that spot.

Do you feel informed now?

CrazyDayDuck, time for an update on WW at the box office?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Domestic $390M. Worldwide also $390M.

Total $780M

Pretty damn good. Would not expect a large international number that would have put it over $1 billion. So it hit a inside the park home run.
CrazyDayDuck
MAT said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Just passed 300 mil domestically and is up to 610 mil globally.

Jenkin's WW has officially passed Lloyd's Mama Mia for top female filmmaker.

Fantastic, you should be very proud! We all recognize how invested you are in this movie. Please, keep us updated!

Wonder Wonder has been the best original movie (non-sequel, non-remake) thus far this year.

And it's legs are as good as Gal Gadot's. It's opening weekend was lower than BvS, MoS and SS, yet it has passed them all domestically for the top DCEU movie. It's poised to make almost 16 mil domestically in its FIFTH weekend, which places it in the top 15 all-time for that spot.

Do you feel informed now?

CrazyDayDuck, time for an update on WW at the box office?

Just passed Guardians of the Galaxy 2 to make it the biggest Summer block buster in North America.
CrazyDayDuck
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Total $780M

Pretty damn good. Would not expect a large international number that would have put it over $1 billion. So it hit a inside the park home run.

And had great reviews too.

As for the international numbers, having a woman Super Hero does not play well in many parts of the world, especially one from Israel.

Of course, the liberals would never acknowledge that women are treated better in America than 90% of the world.
Bruce Almighty
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Total $780M

As for the international numbers, having a woman Super Hero does not play well in many parts of the world, especially one from Israel.

Of course, the liberals would never acknowledge that women are treated better in America than 90% of the world.

What was the point of your last sentence?
MooreTrucker
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Total $780M

You miss the point completely or just wondering why it's in this forum?
rhutton125
AG
Domestic numbers is my new movie pet peeve. I guess it's an interesting benchmark but it tells half the story, to some extent.

Nobody cares about Fast 8's domestic total, for example - it's totaled $1.2 billion globally and is one of the highest grossing films of all time.

Just a rant. Wonder Woman is a box office success by any measure. Also, a sequel was officially announced yesterday - worth noting here.
M.C. Swag
AG
To make sure everyone knows he's a crazy person
Ag Since 83
AG
There's always been a differentiation between domestic and international. Currently it seems the international numbers are viewed with a rather massive grain of salt because people know you can film a couple scenes in China and become a big success (see Transformers). Plus, big action pieces that don't rely on dialogue are more accessible in non-English speaking countries (Transfoers again, Fast & Furious, etc.) So currently, I think people like to look at domestic because they think American audiences are more discerning relating to the quality of the movie.
Bruce Almighty
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Bruce Almighty said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Total $780M

You miss the point completely or just wondering why it's in this forum?

What does it have to do with the thread
fig96
AG
Interesting related link:
http://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-records/international/all-movies/cumulative/released-in-2017
MooreTrucker
AG
Pretty much nothin'.
MAT
AG
Already passed the original Spiderman as the highest domestic grossing superhero origin movie.

Wow, has a real chance to pass both of the top grossing Captain America & Iron Man movies, leaving it only behind the 2 Avenger movies and the 2 top grossing Dark Knight movies.
MAT
AG
Big week & half for WW, moving into 5th place all time domestic superhero movies, leaving Captain America: Civil War & Iron Man 3 in the rear view mirror. That's higher than any non-Avenger Marvel movie.
FL_Ag1998
AG
MAT said:

Big week & half for WW, moving into 5th place all time domestic superhero movies, leaving Captain America: Civil War & Iron Man 3 in the rear view mirror. That's higher than any non-Avenger Marvel movie.

1) We don't care.

2) Dude, seriously, you're stealing Crazy DayDuck's schtick. Find your own movie to pimp beyond all sane comprehension.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What did I miss? Why so butthurt about someone reporting box office numbers?
PooDoo
AG
fig96 said:

http://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-records/international/all-movies/cumulative/released-in-2017

I figured it would be pretty big when my wife took my daughter to see it.... twice. Soothing the sting of the Hillary loss kinda.

That list makes me want to see Wolf Warrior 2.
rhutton125
AG
I dunno about butthurt, but bumping a dead thread twice stood out to me too.

But I still insist that the finale of this movie is worse than that of any superhero film not named Fantastic Four. So that makes the continued box office success that much more confusing for me. Not confusing, just... I don't think it reflects quality. Also, this was one of the worst August box offices of all times, so that helped eke out these last few milestones.

But it doesn't bother me, aside from the occasional thread bump.
YouBet
AG
PooDoo said:

fig96 said:

I figured it would be pretty big when my wife took my daughter to see it.... twice. Soothing the sting of the Hillary loss kinda.

Intrigued about this Wolf Warrior movie?
tremble
AG
Finally saw this. Really enjoyable movie that did a fantastic job setting the table for the WW franchise. Definitely blows the rest of the DCEU movies out of the water.

Gadot is obviously an absolute stunner but she also manages to convey an innocence and goodness that makes the character incredibly endearing.

That said, **** she is smoking hot.
MAT
AG
YouBet said:

PooDoo said:

fig96 said:

Intrigued about this Wolf Warrior movie?

I had noticed that looking at the world wide (domestic + international) box office numbers, WW was only #6 for 2017? The top 4 made some sense because of their franchise or world wide appeal, but then I saw Wolf Warrior 2 sitting at number 5, and was at a loss to explain this list.
But I have to admit, I didn't see Wolf Warrior 1, so what do I know.
wangus12
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
wangus12 said:

"A Justice League of Her Own"

That's pretty f-ing good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.