*** WONDER WOMAN ***

86,156 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bruce Almighty
Gigem314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Looks like a less campy more polished Captain America 1.
Cap 1 without the...fondue?
Simplebay
AG
But I thought you two were....fonduing.

Also...Ms Tyrell....
Muy
AG
quote:
I'd like to give Wonder Woman something

Your invisible unit?
TajMaballer
AG

I could do without the giant WONDER, but I like everything else.
Flashdiaz
AG
why is she kneeling (not that i'm really bothered by it) and not doing the wonder woman power pose?

dcaggie04
AG
Yes wonder.

Wonder whether or not this will be a good movie.
hunter2012
AG
mazag08 said:

This would have had a bigger impact if it took place before BvS.

Feels weird to go back in time knowing the impact she will have already made on the present.

Has there ever been a solo or origin movie where the superhero dies?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Pleasebegood, pleasebegood, pleasebegood, pleasebegood, pleasebegood.
IrishAg
GiveEmHellBill said:

Pleasebegood, pleasebegood, pleasebegood, pleasebegood, pleasebegood.
I really worry about any PG-13 comic book movie that has dark over tones being able to live up to anything now that Logan has set the bar for what the action should be in a Dark story.

Going forward, this is going to really hurt DC since most of their story lines attempt to be dark. But instead of going up against something like Logan, they're going up against the Avengers type movies which do a great job of balancing goofiness with action. They feel like a PG-13 movie attempting to be more like a R than a R movie attempting to tone down to be PG-13 (where most DC movies fall). In my opinion, the audience expectations change depending on those two points of view, and to pull off a R that feels toned down you have to have amazing stories and performances (aka Dark Knight).

So I am really worried about Wonder Woman, because I really want this movie to be good!
Quad Dog
AG
If DC were smart they would have released that poster with Wonder at the bottom on 3/7, then the same poster the next day 3/8 (International Women's Day) with Woman on the bottom.
West Point Aggie
AG
It's like the whataburger logo...
TCTTS
AG
Shooz in Katy
AG
Press 1 to vote Linda Carter indicating you're a hetero male or lesbian.

Press 2 to vote for Gina Corano indicationsling you are a gay male, a lesbian, or a trucker mullet lesbian.
SeattleAgJr
meh.

I am interested in it only because of it being set in an earlier time period.

never was much of a DC fan, just Marvel.

But I will see this one.

I will give it this.. it does look pretty.
AliasMan02
AG
I waver on this. This trailer was good. The last one that was all slomo bullet-time action was pretty bad.

I agree that the time period is maybe the most compelling thing.
AggieLitigator
Last trailer was great. I have high hopes.
Max Power
AG
The only way I'm watching this is if she fights B*tch Hunter.

Shut it down
TCTTS said:

Looks really good. This is just as I imagined Wonder Woman to be based on the tone from the comics.
Solo Tetherball Champ
As a big fan of 30 Rock, I have to chime in and say that I'm incredibly amused and pleased that a clip from 30 Rock was immediately followed by a comment from username "Shut It Down".
fig96
AG
From the trailer this definitely has potential, but if we know anything it's that DC puts out some great trailers followed by pretty mediocre films.

I also wonder if Chris Pine is going to steal the show in this one, as he tends to do.
JuliusCaesarAggie
WTF is up with those terrible accents?
Flashdiaz
AG
looked decent when there was minimal talking, then the end came in with a lame attempt at humor.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Well, its definitely the most promising trailer yet. But I still cringe at Gadot's wooden line deliveries. She might be good at the action stuff but she's less impressive at actual acting. And I'd be willing to bet they made all the Amazons (or whatever they are) fake those accents simply because Gadot has one that she isn't able to mask. Otherwise you'd wonder why she speaks differently than they do.
Froppe
AG
Wonder Woman needs to be in 36D.
Sapper Redux
It actually feels more authentic to me. Diana is not American or English. To have it as a second language with a very regional accent works for me.
Deputy Travis Junior
AggieLitigator said:

Last trailer was great. I have high hopes.
Agree, but Suicide Squad had a good trailer too.

After all their other bombs, DC is definitely in "assumed to be horrible until proven otherwise" territory.
Weimerica
FL_Ag1998 said:

Well, its definitely the most promising trailer yet. But I still cringe at Gadot's wooden line deliveries. She might be good at the action stuff but she's less impressive at actual acting. And I'd be willing to bet they made all the Amazons (or whatever they are) fake those accents simply because Gadot has one that she isn't able to mask. Otherwise you'd wonder why she speaks differently than they do.
I agree with Sapper, the world is coming to an end.

She's supposed to be wooden. That is, she's literally supposed to be a "Fish out of Water" character who has no understanding of modern civilization, social norms, or language. She comes from an extremely militaristic culture with extremely rigid hierarchies of leadership yet you think she wouldn't be wooden? If anything she's probably underselling what Diana would be like in the real world.

However, Wonder Woman doesn't remain this way for long. She's every bit as intelligent as Batman and Superman and learns the ways of the world quickly. I hope she does show change as the DCU continues.
rhutton125
AG
I think there's a difference between wooden acting and stoic or naive characterization. We'll find out in 2.5 months which one applies to Gadot.

Personally, I've been pretty skeptic on her so far. I've only seen her in Fast 5, 6 and BvS, but none of them really require much acting. If she can carry a solo film remains to be seen. Maybe she'll crush it!
FL_Ag1998
AG
Weimerica said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

She's supposed to be wooden. That is, she's literally supposed to be a "Fish out of Water" character who has no understanding of modern civilization, social norms, or language. She comes from an extremely militaristic culture with extremely rigid hierarchies of leadership yet you think she wouldn't be wooden? If anything she's probably underselling what Diana would be like in the real world.

However, Wonder Woman doesn't remain this way for long. She's every bit as intelligent as Batman and Superman and learns the ways of the world quickly. I hope she does show change as the DCU continues.

Haha, thats fantastic. You're actually using the logic that Wonder Woman is a stoic character who's foreign to our world in an attempt to excuse the actress's poor acting abilities, and then acting like I'm the one being obtuse!

I didnt say Wonder Woman was wooden, I said the actress is wooden in her acting abilities. And if you think she's purposely acting that way for this character, well, I guess I'll just leave you to enjoy the fine acting and writing in Suicide Squad and BvS, lol.
Weimerica
FL_Ag1998 said:

Weimerica said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Haha, thats fantastic. You're actually using the logic that Wonder Woman is a stoic character who's foreign to our world in an attempt to excuse the actress's poor acting abilities, and then acting like I'm the one being obtuse!

I didnt say Wonder Woman was wooden, I said the actress is wooden in her acting abilities. And if you think she's purposely acting that way for this character, well, I guess I'll just leave you to enjoy the fine acting and writing in Suicide Squad and BvS, lol.
In this case it's fine though, it actually isn't that bad for the character. If it was a character that required more range, such as Aquaman or Flash, then it wouldn't work as well.
Flashdiaz
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Weimerica said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

I see lots of robot roles in Gadot's future where she'll crush it.
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Looks good.
Bruce Almighty
AG
That's the best D.C. Trailer maybe since TDR. The song seemed out of place though.
AliasMan02
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Looks good.
It really does.

But... you know. History.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.