The 2021 Omaha Scoreboard

186,414 Views | 2294 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Psychag said:

One game or best out of 3?
Best of three.
ftworthag02
AG
So happy for state and selfishly so happy for my dad that's a state grad (grad school). He's 82 and has Parkinson's (not too bad) and nit sure how many years he has with us but he's over the moon right now.

Go state!
W
AG
what a win for State (and the SEC)
trouble
AG
HOT DAMN!
Bonfired
AG
Will admit that I'm rooting for MSU to win it...it's not Vandy's fault that the NCAA gave them an extra day off, but the Commodores have had things stacked in their favor. Plus, MSU hasn't won one yet...and the damned whistler sucks even more than cowbells, so go Bulldogs.
Ags77
AG
HAIL STATE !!!
TexasRebel
AG
SECw!!
Ags77
AG
Chalk says Vandy with Leiter in game 1 and Rocker in game 3, but im going with

HAIL STATE IN 3 !!!
W
AG
going to give the horns (50-17) credit for being one of the better Big 12 teams of the past several years

ended up going 5-6 in their 11 games vs. SEC opponents.

wins vs. Carolina (3x), Tennessee, and State.

losses to A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and State (3x)
W
AG
Bonfired said:

Will admit that I'm rooting for MSU to win it...it's not Vandy's fault that the NCAA gave them an extra day off, but the Commodores have had things stacked in their favor. Plus, MSU hasn't won one yet...and the damned whistler sucks even more than cowbells, so go Bulldogs.
and another thing...the left side of the bracket in the end mirrored the SEC tournament brackets. Where the semi-finals are single elimination. Vandy went 3-1. NCState went 2-1
Ag12thman
AG
SEC
SEC
SEC
Sterling82
W said:

going to give the horns (50-17) credit for being one of the better Big 12 teams of the past several years

I would say Pierce is working out for them. They have good players and put pressure on their opponents with aggressive play.
Luke The Drifter
AG
W said:

I think they were just fine, but to an extent they "Big 12'd" their way to a gaudy record and a great RPI. The 5-6 record vs. the SEC was good, but they lost to some baaaad teams - BYU, Houston, A&M, WVU (x2) - along the way. They were handed possibly the easiest regional and definitely got the easiest super regional.

Great season, no doubt, but they caught break, after break, after break all season long.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Stone44
AG
Got to admit that seeing the sip tears made me smile. They have a young team and really average batting stats. Remember they couldn't even beat us. Way overrated as usual. What happened to NC State was a travesty. I'm hoping State takes it.
Big Al 1992
AG
Still can't get over NC St getting royally screwed. The Covid testing, tracing, protocols need to be done with - before football season at the latest. If a couple of our key defensive starters or RBs test positive before Alabama - whether or not they got the vax - should not impact the game. They aren't testing for mono or strep or flu (how many people did MJ get sick during his "flu game" yet he was a hero playing through it) so no need to test NCAA players at this point. Especially when you have 24,000 fans packed in.
What if Leiter for Vandy or a key Miss St player test positive before Monday??
Faustus
Fun game even if it didn't end the way I wanted. Texas went 3-2 though, and lost by a run twice to Miss. St. When Bednar and Simms pitched against Texas the Bulldogs were clearly the better team.

MSU had to burn their pitching to prevail, while Vandy was gifted the finals, so I hope the Bulldogs win their first team championship. But it's been an enjoyable CWS regardless.
W
AG
baseball is a funny game...

in mid-May...State lost a home series to a dreadful Missouri (15-36) team.

then the Bulldogs were run-ruled in both of their SEC tournament games.

playing for the title on Monday
TyHolden
AG
W said:

baseball is a funny game...

in mid-May...State lost a home series to a dreadful Missouri (15-36) team.

then the Bulldogs were run-ruled in both of their SEC tournament games.

playing for the title on Monday
sounds like a good head coach
94chem
Luke The Drifter said:

An all-SEC finals series. Yea team, I suppose.

Yeah, don't really care. I do think it shows that given the right mindset, a few breaks, and a couple of players, the Ags' 9-21 isn't that far away from being good.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
Faustus said:

Fun game even if it didn't end the way I wanted. Texas went 3-2 though, and lost by a run twice to Miss. St. When Bednar and Simms pitched against Texas the Bulldogs were clearly the better team.

MSU had to burn their pitching to prevail, while Vandy was gifted the finals, so I hope the Bulldogs win their first team championship. But it's been an enjoyable CWS regardless.

Was interesting watching Texas play Augie ball up and down the lineup. Plenty of power, but Pierce doesn't deviate from the strategy - try to get 5 runs and dare the other guys to beat you. If you recruit speed, you can steal instead of bunting, but you probably lose the gap power. Unless you get Mike Trout, Ken Griffey, Jr., Barry Bonds, and Mickey Mantle...
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
HossAg
AG
94chem said:

Luke The Drifter said:

An all-SEC finals series. Yea team, I suppose.

Yeah, don't really care. I do think it shows that given the right mindset, a few breaks, and a couple of players, the Ags' 9-21 isn't that far away from being good.

This. The whole "this is great for the SEC" thing is just so over done here. I get that we had to justify our move back in 2012, but our fan base just has an unusual hard on for our own conference teams.

I'm not exactly amped to see all these other teams stack their recruiting pitch. Obviously, MSST over Texas any day, but I would have much preferred a UVA vs NC st final over MSST vs Vandy.
AggieBand2004
AG
A lot of our recruiting pitch is "come play in the toughest league, against the best competition", and it's a pitch that every SEC school gets to enjoy, top to bottom (not just the underachievers).

And it works.

So no, rooting for SEC brethren to succeed is not dumb. What IS dumb is the "every school hates every other school" that we experienced in the Big 12.
Silvertaps
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

A lot of our recruiting pitch is "come play in the toughest league, against the best competition", and it's a pitch that every SEC school gets to enjoy, top to bottom (not just the underachievers).

And it works.

So no, rooting for SEC brethren to succeed is not dumb. What IS dumb is the "every school hates every other school" that we experienced in the Big 12.

I was about to post this same thought.
I root for the Aggies and the SEC. This is the greatest football conference ever assembled, and love seeing it play out with other sports. It legitimizes the competition within the conference the Ags have to play in EVERY sport. Hating on other conference members just seems very Big 12.
The "SEC SEC SEC" chant was created by pride of the conference, not just your own team.
HossAg
AG
You can say that all you want, but no team in any conference does this to the level that we do. It gets embarrassing at some point.
CapCityAg89
AG
HossAg said:

You can say that all you want, but no team in any conference does this to the level that we do. It gets embarrassing at some point.

I'm not sure that's true. But it does all depend on which sec school is playing for many of them. We don't really have the hate built yet. I can't root for Auburn or Bama in football and can't root for LSU to n anything. No to Arkie in baseball. Struggle with ole Miss in most things. I'll always root SEC aside from that.

I'd say that kind of mix is typical for sec fans.
Lance Uppercut
AG
I wonder what Bulldog fans initially thought about the hiring of Lemonis.

Some people were confused as to why we'd be interested in Bakich and his one CWS final appearance at Michigan. Lemonis came from Indiana having never advanced beyond a regional or finishing above 3rd in the Big 10. They weren't exactly starting from scratch, but he and his team have been to the CWS in both of his seasons at Mississippi State and advanced the final (so far) in this second season.
aginlakeway
AG
HossAg said:

How do you know that's true? I heard the SEC chant at football games before we joined.
AggieBand2004
AG
HossAg said:

With respect, you're 100% wrong. Travel the south during the fall. If anything, you'll see we are trying to catch up to schools who have held this exact mindset for a very long time.
AggieBand2004
AG
aginlakeway said:

HossAg said:

How do you know that's true? I heard the SEC chant at football games before we joined.

Tennessee in the Cotton Bowl and UGA in Shreveport. Heard it in both places, first hand. And both times we got our everloving asses handed to us.
Ag12thman
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

And it works.

I can't blue star this enough. I HATED seeing any other dumpster team win anything and I STILL do. I don't hate seeing SEC brethren do well (especially if we are out of contention already). To me, it's on us to match their performances and/or surpass it. We have already succeeded at this to some degree in football and baseball isn't far behind.
Lance Uppercut
AG
The Big 12 hasn't played for a championship in baseball for 11 years now.

In that time period, the SEC will have been both sides of the final series 3 times, been in the final series 10 out of 11 seasons, and will have won 6 championships. And most impressive to me is that all of this was accomplished by not just one or two programs, but 6 different SEC schools.

W
AG
by my count...the Big 12 has sent 13 teams to Omaha since 2013 --- first year of the watered down conference --- and as previously mentioned...none of the teams have advanced to the championship series.

probably safe to say that the SEC has sent most of them packing
Reno Hightower
And now we have a coach from one of those teams as our HC.
Aggies2009
AG
Reno Hightower said:

And now we have a coach from one of those teams as our HC.

Yep

People's goal is apparently to "win a game in Omaha" and he's done that. Hence, we end up with Schloss.
chick79
AG
I don't think Mississippi State has won a national championship in any team sport ever. They've always had a great baseball program. Hail State!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.