The 2021 Omaha Scoreboard

182,145 Views | 2294 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If NC State moves on this might be t.u.s strangest cheat yet.
RED AG 98
AG
Somehow, this makes it all worse. As if vaccinated people can't get re-infected. It's all just charades:

twk
AG
HossAg said:

They pretty much have to win today and then just hope the contact traced guys can come back in time for the last series.
NC State doesn't have to win today. In fact, just as long as Vandy has to use Rocker today, they've accomplished something. Sometimes, you see these protocols invoked and they test the guys the next day and let them out. So, if NC State is forced to go with a skeleton crew today, but has everyone (or almost everyone) tomorrow, it wouldn't be the end of the world for them.
dermdoc
AG
Warsteiner said:

This country is so stupid. Went along with the Covid nonsense for political reasons and here we are. I feel for NC State. It's just not right.......
I think the majority of the country would say let them play.

This is all about the NCAA and it's control fetish.

Get rid of them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
9 position players and four pitchers for NC State.

Eff the NCAA.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aginlakeway
AG
Only 13 players available for NC State.
dermdoc
AG
Go Wolfpack!
Goose06
AG
NC State has these guys in their starting lineup today:

• Sam Highfill playing first, hes got zero ABs on the season and is their normal weekend starter (pitched game 2)
  • Carson Falsken starting at 2b... batting .167 on the year with 12 total ABs
  • DeAngelo Giles playing 3rd base I believe, batting .100 with 10 ABs
  • Eddie Eisert DH - 0-5 on the year with 3ks
  • Starting pitcher: Garrett Payne has thrown 8.2 innings with a 7.27 ERA
powerbelly
AG
Go NC State!
Goose06
AG
NC State will have a shot tomorrow. They can throw Highfill on 4 days rest and he shut down Vandy in game 2.
RED AG 98
AG
Go Wolfpack!
EMY92
AG
Goose06 said:

NC State will have a shot tomorrow. They can throw Highfill on 4 days rest and he shut down Vandy in game 2.
It's a lot harder to shut down a team 4 days later. They've already seen your best stuff, so they won't have to struggle figuring out the pitcher.
aginlakeway
AG
Goose06 said:

Maybe. But can they score a few runs?
twk
AG
aginlakeway said:

Goose06 said:

If they have everybody? Yes, they can score runs. Vandy would have to decide whether or not to bring back Leiter on short rest.
Goose06
AG
aginlakeway said:

Goose06 said:

Only needed 1 last time Highfill pitched against Vandy. While they are certainly short handed, the guys in the 1-5 hole are legit starters with guys like Jonny Butler (.379, 14 hr), Austin Murr (.320 / 7 HR), Luca Tresh (15 HR), Devonte Brown (13 HR), and Mensik (55 starts... not great stats though).
HossAg
AG
That dugout shot
dermdoc
AG
Goose06 said:

With all due respect, screw that. I want the Wolfpack to win today.

Screw the NCAA!
aginlakeway
AG
HossAg said:

That dugout shot

Bullpen is even emptier.
Goose06
AG
dermdoc said:

Goose06 said:

Screw the NCAA!

That would be excellent. They will have a tough decision to make if they get down a few runs on what to do with pitching. My guess is there is a decent chance they elect to forfeit or pitch position players instead of wasting arms given they only have 4 pitchers available.
BQ_90
AG
dermdoc said:

9 position players and four pitchers for NC State.

Eff the NCAA.
well i guess it was either that or forfeit. esp if this was all a contract tracing hit.
twk
AG
Goose06 said:

dermdoc said:

Goose06 said:

Screw the NCAA!

That would be excellent. They will have a tough decision to make if they get down a few runs on what to do with pitching. My guess is there is a decent chance they elect to forfeit or pitch position players instead of wasting arms given they only have 4 pitchers available.
They will forfeit if they run out of pitching. They just need to make Vandy user Rocker today. Anything else is gravy.
Goose06
AG
twk said:

Goose06 said:

dermdoc said:

Goose06 said:

Screw the NCAA!

They will forfeit if they run out of pitching. They just need to make Vandy user Rocker today. Anything else is gravy.

I'm saying they may forfeit before they run out of pitching. No way they bring in highfill unless winning or tied in the late innings. My guess is they want to avoid using more than 2 arms for more than about 30 pitches
aginlakeway
AG
Goose06 said:

twk said:

Goose06 said:

dermdoc said:

Goose06 said:

Screw the NCAA!

I'm saying they may forfeit before they run out of pitching. No way they bring in highfill unless winning or tied in the late innings. My guess is they want to avoid using more than 2 arms for more than about 30 pitches

You may be right. Unless MAYBE they miraculously are within a run or 2.
RED AG 98
AG
dermdoc
AG
twk said:

Goose06 said:

dermdoc said:

Goose06 said:

Screw the NCAA!

They need to have Rocker throw at least 50-60 pitches I would think.
dermdoc
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Good find.
Agryan00
Why does it always seem like the blue bloods seem to get treated differently? The big names never get punished. Got lots of questions.

If players vaccinated don't have to be tested then why would NC State be so stupid? I am not vaccinated but would be if that meant there was zero risk.

Were NC State players hanging out because they had more time off or were they following the same protocol as the rest of the teams?

Why is the NCAA not more flexible? Thinking if it was one of the other 3 they would be.

Why is the NCAA allowing fans in the ballpark if they are so concerned about COVID? Oh thats right they are only interested in politics and money.

Why not put the teams in bubble to make sure there are not any issues?

This reaks of politics!!!!

twk
AG
Quote:

I agree, they won't feel obligated to use Highfill, but as aginlakeway points out, if they were somehow in position to win the game late, it would be awful tempting to roll the dice and use whoever they have to in order to close it out today. Doubt we see that happen. I think it's only 50/50 that we play the game to completion today. As I said, as long as they make Vandy use up Rocker today, they've accomplished something just by playing.
AgEng06
AG
Holy crap that catch in RF.
RED AG 98
AG
what a damn catch!
RED AG 98
AG
Aggies2009
AG
Blue squeezing the pitcher too
twk
AG
Quote:

They need to have Rocker throw at least 50-60 pitches I would think.
Yes, from NC State's standpoint, that would suffice. They wouldn't see Rocker tomorrow, and Vandy would have to decide whether to bring Leiter back on short rest.

If I'm in the other bracket, I'm hoping that Rocker has to go longer than that so that he can't come back Monday or Tuesday, but that's not NC State's concern.
BQ_90
AG
RED AG 98 said:

so one player tested positive, but then knocked out anyone that he was close to.

It's the contract tracing that BS IMO.

And my guess this still be also be a false positive test too.
aginlakeway
AG
twk said:

Quote:

I agree, they won't feel obligated to use Highfill, but as aginlakeway points out, if they were somehow in position to win the game late, it would be awful tempting to roll the dice and use whoever they have to in order to close it out today. Doubt we see that happen. I think it's only 50/50 that we play the game to completion today. As I said, as long as they make Vandy use up Rocker today, they've accomplished something just by playing.

Agree. Probably less than that.

But NC State has now kept Vandy scoreless for 2 innings. Who knows!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.