The 2021 Omaha Scoreboard

182,143 Views | 2294 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
96ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aginlakeway said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Why wasn't the entire team vaccinated? Just like Rahm at Memorial. Get vaccinated = no tests = no chance of this happening.

Forest for the trees.

What a stupid take.
aginlakeway
AG
96ags said:

aginlakeway said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Why wasn't the entire team vaccinated? Just like Rahm at Memorial. Get vaccinated = no tests = no chance of this happening.

Forest for the trees.

What a stupid take.

It's not a take. It's a fact.

I think this whole thing is ridiculous. But it's a fact that if the entire team was vaccinated, this wouldn't have happened. Fact. Not a take. Unclear how a fact can be a stupid take.
levypantsEOY
Thanks China.
96ags
AG
aginlakeway said:

96ags said:

aginlakeway said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Forest for the trees.

What a stupid take.

I think this whole thing is ridiculous. But it's a fact that if the entire team was vaccinated, this wouldn't have happened. Fact. Not a take. Unclear how a fact can be a stupid take.

4 of the players that tested positive had been vaccinated.

Being vaccinated did nothing to prevent them being tested.
aginlakeway
AG
96ags said:

aginlakeway said:

96ags said:

aginlakeway said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Forest for the trees.

What a stupid take.

4 of the players that tested positive had been vaccinated.

Being vaccinated did. Of prevent them being tested.

Only non vaccinated players were tested. Only after they tested positive were any vaccinated players tested.

Again, I think this is all stupid. But it remains a fact that this doesn't happen if State didn't have unvaccinated players.
cone
AG
Texas is going to win this thing. They might win three straight in doing so.

They're easily the most talented team top to bottom left. And they've got all the momentum.
aginlakeway
AG
cone said:

Texas is going to win this thing. They might win three straight in doing so.

They're easily the most talented team top to bottom left. And they've got all the momentum.

Yep. They'll probably beat Vandy if they win tonight.
Unless they have covid issues.
hillcountryag86
AG
aginlakeway said:

96ags said:

aginlakeway said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Forest for the trees.

What a stupid take.

Not true. Vaccinated have tested positive.
birdman
If short-handed NC State had beaten Vanderbilt in first game, do you think they would have made the same decision?
DuncanLEO
96ags said:

aginlakeway said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Forest for the trees.

What a stupid take.

The ****?

Anyway we need a big win tonight from our boys in Mississippi.
aginlakeway
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

aginlakeway said:

96ags said:

aginlakeway said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Forest for the trees.

What a stupid take.

Yes it is a fact.

The NCAA only tested nonvaccinated players. Those nonvaccinated players testing positive is what prompted the testing of the vaccinated players.

Again, this is all ridiculous. But it is a fact that if the entire team had been vaccinated, this wouldn't have happened because then no players would have been tested. I don't agree with this. But those are the facts.
DGAG92
AG
Suit wearing bureaucrats caused this.
trouble
AG
The vaccinated players were only tested after close contact with a positive test.

What he's trying to say is that if the whole team was vaccinated, none of them would have been tested. He's not saying vaccinated players wouldn't test positive.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

aginlakeway said:

96ags said:

aginlakeway said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Forest for the trees.

What a stupid take.

True but they never would have tested them
aginlakeway
AG
trouble said:

The vaccinated players were only tested after close contact with a positive test.

What he's trying to say is that if the whole team was vaccinated, none of them would have been tested. He's not saying vaccinated players wouldn't test positive.

Correct. Thanks for saying it better than I did!
aginlakeway
AG
birdman said:

If short-handed NC State had beaten Vanderbilt in first game, do you think they would have made the same decision?

I think the same decision would have been reached. But unsure who would be playing in finals. IF there even were finals.
Goose06
AG
Lakeway, stating a fact can still be a dumb take on a situation. While what you are stating may be true, it does not mean that the rule that is in place is the right or best rule. You've made your point over and over, I think we get it. That being said, the rule is dumb. They aren't testing any fans, people who want the vaccine have had the chance to get it, and at this point everyone else is aware of and willing to take the risks if they are leaving their house to go to a baseball game (to play or to watch). Dumb rule, ridiculous outcome.
jja79
AG
Champion won't be legitimate. No reason to watch anymore. Freed up some time.
aginlakeway
AG
Goose06 said:

Lakeway, stating a fact can still be a dumb take on a situation. While what you are stating may be true, it does not mean that the rule that is in place is the right or best rule. You've made your point over and over, I think we get it. That being said, the rule is dumb. They aren't testing any fans, people who want the vaccine have had the chance to get it, and at this point everyone else is aware of and willing to take the risks if they are leaving their house to go to a baseball game (to play or to watch). Dumb rule, ridiculous outcome.

Stating a fact is by definition not a take, since a take is an opinion.

100% agree on the rest of your post. Stupid rule. Stupid result. I see no need to test any players at this time, vaccinated or not.
aginlakeway
AG
jja79 said:

Champion won't be legitimate. No reason to watch anymore. Freed up some time.

It did this afternoon for sure.

I'll watch tonight. Go State. Who knows. They may be playing for the title tonight if Vandy suddenly gets its own covid issues.
AggieBand2004
AG
Can we add this thread to the list of Covid deaths?
Goose06
AG
aginlakeway said:

Goose06 said:

Stating a fact is by definition not a take, since a take is an opinion.

100% agree on the rest of your post. Stupid rule. Stupid result. I see no need to test any players at this time, vaccinated or not.

You posed a question: why wasn't the entire team vaccinated? Then you stated a fact. Then the poster said you can't see the forest for the trees and that it was a dumb take (referring to the opinion that the entire team should have gotten vaccinated, not the fact that that would have helped them avoid getting tested). Yes, it's a dumb take I agree with him.
jja79
AG
I have been glued to the TV. Not anymore. This isn't a legitimate tournament now. Exhibition games at this point.
Angry Beaver
AG
How many players on the roster were vaccinated? If Pfizer says 95% effectiveness, and assuming the 4 vaccinated players had that vaccine, isn't this percentage worse?

They screwed up the tests and now NC State has to pay. That, or vaccinated people are all f***** and going to get sick.
aginlakeway
AG
Agree to disagree then.

Go MSU!
Goose06
AG
Angry Beaver said:

How many players on the roster were vaccinated? If Pfizer says 95% effectiveness, and assuming the 4 vaccinated players had that vaccine, isn't this percentage worse?

They screwed up the tests and now NC State has to pay. That, or vaccinated people are all f***** and going to get sick.

I'm no vaccine apologist, but the point of the vaccine isn't to prevent infection but to prevent any real symptoms of infection.
Pops81
AG
jja79 said:

I have been glued to the TV. Not anymore. This isn't a legitimate tournament now. Exhibition games at this point.

Agree.
trouble
AG
This is also a bad take.

The vaccination prevents severe illness, hospitalization, and death.
Goose06
AG
I hope the vandy team all tests positive before Monday's game. Even if it's the horns. If the horns are gonna win a national title, I want it to be as tainted as possible.
hillcountryag86
AG
jja79 said:

This. The NCAA has ruined a wonderful annual event.
Angry Beaver
AG
Ya vas a empezar
dermdoc
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

Can we add this thread to the list of Covid deaths?
I laughed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
94chem
trouble said:

He's not TRYING to say anything. He's said it perfectly well about 3 times already.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AggieBand2004
AG
[This isn't the politics or covid board. Given that covid protocols resulted in a team being eliminated, discussion of how that occurred, and why it's not impacting other teams, is somewhat on topic. But, larger discussions about vaccination have no place on this thread, or this forum. Let's try to keep the focus on baseball--Staff]
trouble
AG
Clearly, there were some that didn't understand him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.