The 2021 Omaha Scoreboard

182,158 Views | 2294 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
GarryowenAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Their coverage of the sip fans is insufferable.
histag10
AG
Staff is on their A game tonight. Bravo.
Faustus
Aggies2009 said:

Faustus said:

Fun game though.
The 2-1 game against Miss. St. where it looked like Texas was going to get blanked wasn't much fun for me.

Why?

That was incredible pitching.

Texas was so inept at the plate until the last inning, and it's the biggest stage. It was a bit of a let down. Agreed it was incredible pitching.
powerbelly
AG
Hell of a performance by the sip reliever. Huge to save arms from the losers bracket.
aginlakeway
AG
histag10 said:

Staff is on their A game tonight. Bravo.
aginlakeway
AG
powerbelly said:

Hell of a performance by the sip reliever. Huge to save arms from the losers bracket.

Yep. I think Witt threw 5 innings.
BurnetAggie99
Tennessee sh@t the bed so tu beats another SEC East team but still hasn't beat a SEC West team including A&M
BenFiasco14
AG
Didn't realize Virginia blanked Tennessee. Thoughts on tonight's game? I still heavily lean MSST
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
powerbelly
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Didn't realize Virginia blanked Tennessee. Thoughts on tonight's game? I still heavily lean MSST
Give me Moo State.
Agryan00
BurnetAggie99 said:

Tennessee sh@t the bed so tu beats another SEC East team but still hasn't beat a SEC West team including A&M
6-0 and 8-4. Not the same Tennessee team we have seen all season. Can't help but think Vitello has other things on his mind. Hopefully MState does the SEC proud tonight. Somebody just finish Texas please!!!!
aginlakeway
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Keegan99
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

State currently a -135 favorite, FWIW.
HossAg
AG
96ags said:

HossAg said:

I think Tadlock was #1 and Schloss was #2. There's no shame in admitting that we didn't get our #1.
I don't.

I think A&M zeroed in on Schloss early on as I was hearing it mentioned around JUCO ball in early April.

I wouldn't blame anyone for making a run at Tadlock, but I don't think A&M did.

Staff's narrative before we found out Tadlock was extended was that Tadlock was the #1 choice. I don't think they alluded to that for no reason.
96ags
AG
HossAg said:

96ags said:

HossAg said:

I think Tadlock was #1 and Schloss was #2. There's no shame in admitting that we didn't get our #1.
I don't.

I think A&M zeroed in on Schloss early on as I was hearing it mentioned around JUCO ball in early April.

I wouldn't blame anyone for making a run at Tadlock, but I don't think A&M did.

Staff's narrative before we found out Tadlock was extended was that Tadlock was the #1 choice. I don't think they alluded to that for no reason.
I hear you, and it could certainly be the case.

I just don't think it is based on what I was hearing early on.
AggieBand2004
AG
IIRC, staff named Tadlock, Schloss, and Vitello all as prime candidates. I don't remember them pushing one above the others, and certainly not before Tadlock's ridiculous offer from Tech
W
AG
it was a great season for Tennessee (50-18), but they missed a big opportunity in Omaha.

their bracket was winnable.

let's see what State can do tonight
Wicked Good Ag
Glad we didn't get Vitello. Zero wins in Omaha
Rooster4Ag
AG
I thought state was a dark horse to win the whole thing, nobody was payin them any attention with vandy and sip there. Gimme state to win the chip.
What have ye done to surpass man?
Great2BeAnAGGIE
AG
Would love to see State in the championship game but wouldn't bet on them since they have never won a ship in anything I believe
powerbelly
AG
Great2BeAnAGGIE said:

Would love to see State in the championship game but wouldn't bet on them since they have never won a ship in anything I believe
That is correct. They have never won a team national title in seven men's or nine women's sports they sponsor.
VegasAg86
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Bases loaded, 0 outs, can't score.

Same number of Omaha wins as Hop.

Not good enough.
GarryowenAg
AG
This MSST pitcher needs to settle down.

Edit: I'm also starting to get annoyed by Virginia's inability to keep their helmets atop their heads when batting. How hard is it to get a fitted helmet?
Rooster4Ag
AG
Damn
What have ye done to surpass man?
Psychag
AG
Virginia will win it all. They have the best starters in the World Series and play sound baseball.
histag10
AG
Much needed K right there
histag10
AG
Correction. Back to back ks to end the inning with bases loaded
91AggieLawyer
AG
I think its going to be one of the land grant universities.
Aggies2009
AG
VegasAg86 said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Bases loaded, 0 outs, can't score.

Same number of Omaha wins as Hop.

Not good enough.
Hop also went like 0-fer in his analysis of hitters.

Remember when GR Hinsely was the next coming of Babe Ruth because he tore up the TCL and Childress was an idiot for not playing him?
DGAG92
AG
How do they determine who the home team is in these games?
twk
AG
DGAG92 said:

First round was based on seeds. After that, they rotate just like in regionals, trying to even up whose home and whose visitors over the course of the tournament.
AgE2theBONE
AG
Man, there have been some impressive pitching performances in this CWS.

Some of the best I've seen.
AgE2theBONE
AG
Psychag said:

Virginia will win it all. They have the best starters in the World Series and play sound baseball.

Better than Rocker and Leiter?
powerbelly
AG
Psychag said:

I still think Vandy has the starting pitching edge
ApachePilot
AG
ACC is showing up.
jkag89
twk said:

DGAG92 said:

First round was based on seeds. After that, they rotate just like in regionals, trying to even up whose home and whose visitors over the course of the tournament.
twk is essentially correct but I was able to find the steps to determine the home team after the first round (here).

Quote:

Step 1) The team has been the home team fewer times during the tournament becomes the home team.

Step 2) If both teams were the home team the same number of times, count the number of times each team was the visiting team during the tournament. The team that was the visiting team more often during the tournament becomes the home team.

Step 3) If both teams were the home team and visiting team the same number of times and the teams met previously during the tournament, the visitor in the immediately preceding game between the two teams becomes the home team.

Step 4) If both teams were the home team and visiting team the same number of times and the teams did not previously meet during the tournament, the team that was the visitor in its most recent, preceding game becomes the home team.

Step 5) If both teams were the home team and visiting team the same number of times, the teams did not previously meet during the tournament, and both teams were the visitor (or home team) in their most recent, preceding game, then the home team is decided by a coin flip.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.