The 2021 Omaha Scoreboard

182,139 Views | 2294 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't even think that one is gongable.
swimmerbabe11
I'm ****ing pissed.
AgEng06
AG
Wow. What a crock of ****, given the stands are packed FULL of people who obviously no longer give a damn about Covid.

Such a terrible decision.
Faustus
Awful for the team and the fans.
I doubt Vandy wanted to advance this way either.
RED AG 98
AG
So if NC State won today they may still have forfeited the actual championship series?

I feel terrible for the NC St players, punished for not getting a vaccine for disease not particularly dangerous to them. Just awful.
TexasRebel
AG
ol' 3 thought he moved to 4.
TexasRebel
AG
strike zone changed over the break.
PhatMack19
AG
How could they play today, but not tomorrow? Hell they only lost 3-1. Odds weren't in their favor to win tomorrow, but I guarantee you most of the country would be pulling for them.
TexasRebel
AG
I think some of the tests they were waiting on came back bad. Would've been down players for the duration.
Faustus
Starting to tighten up and feel the choke.
Ag for Life
AG
So incredibly stupid and senseless.

That should be the new slogan for the NCAA.
TexasRebel
AG
Ball four chant for a 3-1??
W
AG
wait...what?

N.C. State has to forfeit, so Vandy advances?

and gets to hold Leiter for game 1 of the championship series...wow
W
AG
if this were college football, the Wolfpack would go ahead and claim a share of the national title
PhatMack19
AG
RED AG 98 said:

So if NC State won today they may still have forfeited the actual championship series?

This place would have melted down if tu won a national championship on some BS like that.
swimmerbabe11
My uh twitter is uh.. well I think my church friends may unfollow me.
swimmerbabe11
PhatMack19 said:

RED AG 98 said:

This place would have melted down if tu won a national championship on some BS like that.

I hate NC State and I'm melting down.
Big Al 1992
AG
I can't imagine how Aggies would feel if we were in the cusp of CWS final and that Covid **** happened to us. That is absolutely ridiculous. Awful for NC St players coaches and fans.
swimmerbabe11
Ag 11
AG
Wow. ****ing bull****
**** this, I'm done. I'm not even going to watch these last few games
aginlakeway
AG
TexasRebel said:

NC State is out

Kind of blows a hole in your ncaa conspiracy theory.
aginlakeway
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Why wasn't the entire team vaccinated? Just like Rahm at Memorial. Get vaccinated = no tests = no chance of this happening.
jkag89
Eliminatus
AG
Welp. Gonna put an asterisk on the 2021 CWS run for me. Just like many other things. This season is forever questionable and tainted to me.

COVID protocols are subjective as hell, are the absolute epitome of hypocrisy, and are flat out nonsensical. And more things ruined because of it.

It's getting harder and harder for me to keep my mouth shut about to...

At least the Premium thread is fun to read.
Bunk Moreland
aginlakeway said:

Why wasn't the entire team vaccinated? Just like Rahm at Memorial. Get vaccinated = no tests = no chance of this happening.

Because not everyone wants to get vaccinated, and there's no reason for people in their early 20s to get vaccinated for this virus. Some people aren't willing to sacrifice their beliefs to appease a stupid protocol even if it's an important life moment like the cws.

Also, if 4 vaxxed players tested positive, then why are they not testing every vaxxed player on every other team now out of fear for their safety? Oh yeah...
TexDill15
AG
Does the whole Vandy squad have to be tested now?? Umpire crew?? Field operations?? Grounds crew?? I don't understand the protocols.

It would only make sense since you tested vaccinated NC state players IMO.

aginlakeway
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

aginlakeway said:

Because not everyone wants to get vaccinated, and there's no reason for people in their early 20s to get vaccinated for this virus. Some people aren't willing to sacrifice their beliefs to appease a stupid protocol even if it's an important life moment like the cws.

Also, if 4 vaxxed players tested positive, then why are they not testing every vaxxed player on every other team now out of fear for their safety? Oh yeah...

I agree. I think its ridiculous. But the teams knew the rules. Vaccinated = no tests.

If it was my team, I'd make sure every player was vaccinated to avoid this possibility.

But again, I think it's all ridiculous.
aginlakeway
AG
TexDill15 said:

Does the whole Vandy squad have to be tested now?? Umpire crew?? Field operations?? Grounds crew?? I don't understand the protocols.

I don't think the exposure causes such a quick positive test. But your points are solid.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Oh gosh...can you imagine how ecstatic, elated, and down right giddy "sports" people like Pat Forde, Darren Rovell, and Christine Brennan will be when they wake up this morning and hear the NC State-Vandy news? Their heads will probably explode with excitement.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Bunk Moreland
Right. I get the sentiment but there's no way I'd require it or even request it as a coach. It's a personal choice that should not be influenced by outside pressure. It's too bad these sports bodies aren't more flexible this year than they are with their dumb and now outdated protocols.
jkag89
As bad as this situation is, how would the NCAA have handled this if NC State won yesterday's game? Surely in some fashion they would have to recognize the Wolfpack being undefeated in the CWS and not just recognize the winner of Bracket B as the National Champs or worse yet, let Vandy advance to have a Championship Series?
aginlakeway
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Right. I get the sentiment but there's no way I'd require it or even request it as a coach. It's a personal choice that should not be influenced by outside pressure. It's too bad these sports bodies aren't more flexible this year than they are with their dumb and now outdated protocols.

I agree with you. It's a personal choice. But in a team sport, you have to do what's best for your team. You do what you need to do to eliminate this from even being a possibility.

It's all ridiculous.
aginlakeway
AG
jkag89 said:

As bad as this situation is, how would the NCAA have handled this if NC State won yesterday's game? Surely in some fashion they would have to recognize the Wolfpack being undefeated in the CWS and not just recognize the winner of Bracket B as the National Champs or worse yet, let Vandy advance to have a Championship Series?

Great question and one that should be asked.
TexDill15
AG
aginlakeway said:

TexDill15 said:

I don't think the exposure causes such a quick positive test. But your points are solid.

Well at the very least all those personal would need to enter quarantine following NCAA logic.

I just hate it for NC State. Ready to rage for them. I would be losing my mind if it was the Ags
aginlakeway
AG
TexDill15 said:

aginlakeway said:

TexDill15 said:

Well at the very least all those personal would need to enter quarantine following NCAA logic.

I just hate it for NC State. Ready to rage for them. I would be losing my mind if it was the Ags

Yep. It really sucks for them. And yes, I would think anyone exposed to the positive tests would need to be quarantined. What a mess.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.