The 2021 Omaha Scoreboard

182,146 Views | 2294 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
Lance Uppercut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

The only counterpoint is that there was a way to avoid it.

Ignoring the NCAA and playing the game anyway?
W
AG
remembering that N.C. State took down #1 Arkansas...no reason to think they would not / could not have won it all
hunter2012
AG
94chem said:

aginlakeway said:

hillcountryag86 said:

aginlakeway said:

96ags said:

aginlakeway said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Why wasn't the entire team vaccinated? Just like Rahm at Memorial. Get vaccinated = no tests = no chance of this happening.

Forest for the trees.

What a stupid take.

It's not a take. It's a fact.

I think this whole thing is ridiculous. But it's a fact that if the entire team was vaccinated, this wouldn't have happened. Fact. Not a take. Unclear how a fact can be a stupid take.

Not true. Vaccinated have tested positive.

Yes it is a fact.

The NCAA only tested nonvaccinated players. Those nonvaccinated players testing positive is what prompted the testing of the vaccinated players.

Again, this is all ridiculous. But it is a fact that if the entire team had been vaccinated, this wouldn't have happened because then no players would have been tested. I don't agree with this. But those are the facts.

...and unfortunately, I am concerned that it shows how the unvaxxed are going to be causing more bureaucratic and government control for everyone.

Like an abusive husband asking his wife with fresh bruises, "why did you make me do it?"

Absolutely asinine, the NCAA deserves all the bad press and I hope this will finally be the straw that kills the organization. What petty tyrants. Especially with the reports of how many false positives there are, they obviously just wanted to flex on some school that dared to not force their students to get vaccinated. NCAA just wanted to pick the winners is all.
dermdoc
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

Quote:

The only counterpoint is that there was a way to avoid it.

Ignoring the NCAA and playing the game anyway?

Amen. Sick of the NCAA.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG

[Calm down. We are letting you discuss the NCAA and the logic, or lack thereof, behind this decision. What we are not going to do is to turn the Omaha scoreboard thread into an unlimited discussion of all things Covid.- - Staff]
Keegan99
AG
Again, every one of those NCSU players could buy a ticket and sit in the stands for tonight's game.

So who, and what, exactly, is the NCAA "protecting"?
tk for tu juan
Keegan99 said:

Again, every one of those NCSU players could buy a ticket and sit in the stands for tonight's game.

Better yet, they could run on to the field tonight and hug every player
Bondag
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Keegan99 said:

Better yet, they could run on to the field tonight and hug every player
There was a player in Euro Cup that tested positive. In post game before he found out he hugged 2 players on opposite team that were club teammates.

They are in protocol, but the rest of his team that showers with him is ok.
tk for tu juan
The Danish player that just scored a goal had Covid twice? Talk about beating the odds
mwm
Sorry if already posted, but why can't NC State file a federal suit in Nebraska against the NCAA & seek a TRO to force the playing of the game vs Vandy?

Are there not any other legal remedies NC State could take?

Agressive? Yes.
BCSWguru
Really enjoyed college baseball. Not another dime, though.
powerbelly
AG
mwm said:

Sorry if already posted, but why can't NC State file a federal suit in Nebraska against the NCAA & seek a TRO to force the playing of the game vs Vandy?

Are there not any other legal remedies NC State could take?

Agressive? Yes.

they probably could, but I would bet there was an agreement to follow NCAA rules as part of participating in the tournament.
mwm
But at least the University would have tried to keep their team in it. Make the NCAA look bad against the athletes off of whom they are making millions.

And hasten the demise of the "evil empire"?
Oautlawag2005
AG
Douglas County having any say in this shows why Nebraska is just a **** stain on America
hunter2012
AG
If Vandy wins the tournament they should reach out and offer to play NCST at a local park, winner gets the trophy. You don't need the NCAA
to decide who is the best.
mwm
Here's a sobering thought...Just what would the late, great Jim Valvano be telling the coaches & players of the NC State baseball team?
GoodAg21
Blue Mountain State stuff right there
Charlie 31
AG
STCLaggie21 said:

Blue Mountain State stuff right there
nereus
AG
mwm said:

But at least the University would have tried to keep their team in it. Make the NCAA look bad against the athletes off of whom they are making millions.

The University is the NCAA. The NCAA is just a collection of universities and does basically what those universities want. If it has a demise, there will just be a new "evil empire" that is a collection of largely the same universities (minus potentially some of the smaller ones) with a different name. I think there would be a lot less changes than you think. COVID protocols, for example, have been issued in the professional leagues as well.
Oautlawag2005
AG
nereus said:

mwm said:

The University is the NCAA. The NCAA is just a collection of universities and does basically what those universities want. If it has a demise, there will just be a new "evil empire" that is a collection of largely the same universities (minus potentially some of the smaller ones) with a different name. I think there would be a lot less changes than you think. COVID protocols, for example, have been issued in the professional leagues as well.

Championships haven't been forfeited in the professional ranks
DeangeloVickers
AG

nereus
AG
I don't follow golf, but didn't a golfer just get pulled due to COVID protocols when he was a few strokes in the lead at an event just a couple weeks ago?
Oautlawag2005
AG
And if we're being honest Texas would not have gotten booted for this
Oautlawag2005
AG
True but Tiger wouldn't have gotten pulled
Goose06
AG
nereus said:

I don't follow golf, but didn't a golfer just get pulled due to COVID protocols when he was a few strokes in the lead at an event just a couple weeks ago?

Jon Rahm was up 6 strokes I think going into the final round at the Memorial. He got his revenge by winning the US Open.
Oautlawag2005
AG
There's an asterisks next to whoever wins this now. I won't be forgetting that NC State was the best team until the NCAA decided to protect the blue bloodsnamely Texaswon't surprise me at all if they win the whole thing now
RAB91
Branch Covidians spoil everything....

mwm
Did the golfer (Rahm) withdraw or did the PGA pull him from the tournament? I don't know the answer.

As with ALL big entities (especially the goverment whether federal, state, local), they get fat & self-centered as they accumulate & retain power.

Maybe a "death" isn't necessary but significant modifications are. Change who is "in charge" & is looking out for their own best interests to the detriment of others who are affected.
Bondag
AG
RAB91 said:

If that is true, then every vaccinated player in Omaha needs to be tested today.
VegasAg86
AG
Covid protocol forced Rahm out.
powerbelly
AG
Bondag said:

RAB91 said:

If that is true, then every vaccinated player in Omaha needs to be tested today.
VegasAg86
AG
RAB91 said:

I really hope this isn't true.
CampingAg
AG
Theoretically, since we now see that vaccinated can test positive, everyone on Vandy should be tested. Partly because they played NC State earlier in the week. It's not impossible that someone untested on Vandy had Covid, gave it to an unvaccinated NC State player, who spread it to others, which we found out in yesterday's positive test.
Code Maroon 12
AG
The whole thing is BS but at the very least, why not delay the tournament a couple days and get it sorted out rather than just giving NCST the boot? Give everyone fresh pitching and let the best team win
tylercsbn9
AG
I wonder if the ncaa is afraid to test vandy. Would be hilarious if they did and some vandy kids had it and potentially, unknowningly gave it to NC State. Highly unlikely, but what if?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.