The 2021 Omaha Scoreboard

182,136 Views | 2294 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is BS.
powerbelly
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

I may have to find something else to watch. Seeing happy horn fans is torturous for me
But it makes it all the sweeter when they figure out how to eventually lose the game.
MR Gadsden
Not sure why UT pulled their starter
Aggies2009
AG
Ben McDonald ranting about the umpires.

Something about a broken clock.
powerbelly
AG
Just threw his daughter under the bus...
DGAG92
AG
Is it me or does that tu pitcher look like the banjo player from Deliverance?
1stGenAg01
AG
letmeinnow said:

Yea, these may be the absolute worst officials I can recall.

For a CWS game, I'm surprised by the poor officiating. Not pulling for either team, just watching because I love collegiate sports and the drama of high stakes competition.

Play at plate in the bottom of the 4th should've never been called safe on the field to begin with. When a ball beats a runner by that much, most good umpires are going to call an out unless it's something that would obviously be over-turned on replay or is obvious from the stands. As a result, home plate umpire comes across looking like he's got an agenda. Pretty clear that he was looking for the slightest piece of evidence that the runner could've been safe and consequently it can't be over-turned due to inconclusive camera footage.

Third base umpire doesn't need to be the first one to run across the field to the 1B dugout to eject someone either, especially if it was for just slamming their first down on the railing for a close 3-2 pitch. If it's that egregious, the 1B or HP umpire will take care of it. These umpires are acting like fans came to see them; it's a bad look imo.
AggieBand2004
AG
Staff, taking out the trash. Though he just needs to be permabanned
Aggies2009
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

Staff, taking out the trash. Though he just needs to be permabanned
They're usually really good on the baseball board.

Including posts of mine sometimes ha.
Aggies2009
AG
Oh hey, he's calling that a strike now.

Awesome.
D_Wag97
AG
Gross...
hillcountryag86
AG
Imploding
BenFiasco14
AG
Time to wake up Vols
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
AgEng06
AG
Gross. Vols down to 6 outs.
96ags
AG
Vitello's style isn't all that conducive to a comeback, I'm afraid the fat lady is warming up.
aginlakeway
AG
96ags said:

Vitello's style isn't all that conducive to a comeback, I'm afraid the fat lady is warming up.

Didn't they come from behind to win 2 games in regionals? And 1 game in the supers?

AggieBB
AG
2 and Q for Vitello and his Vols. His team absolutely imploded at the first sign of adversity. We got the right coach.
aginlakeway
AG
AggieBB said:

2 and Q for Vitello and his Vols. His team absolutely imploded at the first sign of adversity. We got the right coach.

So if Tennessee comes back and wins today, or if they would have gone 1-2, would you say we didn't get the right coach?
HossAg
AG
Our guy got bounced in the regional, so I'm not sure what your point is. Basing a decision off one post season is stupid, regardless.
AggieBB
AG
aginlakeway said:

AggieBB said:

So is Tennessee comes back and wins today, or if they would have gone 1-2, would you say we didn't get the right coach?

They're not coming back to win today. The rest of your post is irrelevant.
aginlakeway
AG
AggieBB said:

aginlakeway said:

AggieBB said:

So is Tennessee comes back and wins today, or if they would have gone 1-2, would you say we didn't get the right coach?

They're not coming back to win today. The rest of your post is irrelevant.

OK. But the guy we hired didn't even make it out of his own regional. How is that not imploding at an even earlier sign of adversity than the CWS?
aginlakeway
AG
HossAg said:

Our guy got bounced in the regional, so I'm not sure what your point is. Basing a decision off one post season is stupid, regardless.

Yep. Senseless.
Bucketrunner
Watching how the calls all just happen to go tu's way reminds me why we NEVER want to play them again in anything. Absolutely loathe them and their crappy fans.
aginlakeway
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Watching how the calls all just happen to go tu's way reminds me why we NEVER want to play them again in anything. Absolutely loathe them and their crappy fans.

OK. But we DO play them in baseball already. Voluntarily. Every season.
histag10
AG
Bucketrunner said:

What year was that where it was sooooo horribly obvious. What was that umps name? Man, he was one hated guy. He got at least one call wrong in every game that series, and they always went tu's way...
96ags
AG
aginlakeway said:

96ags said:

Didn't they come from behind to win 2 games in regionals? And 1 game in the supers?

Guess I should have expanded a bit on my opinion (not that you care anyway), but I meant a comeback in THIS game.

He and his team burn hot, and with all the emotions early in the game, they just aren't likely to re-energize.

And yes, for the record, I absolutely believe A&M got the right guy and their first choice.
MROD92
Yeast!!!
aginlakeway
AG
96ags said:

aginlakeway said:

96ags said:

Guess I should have expanded a bit on my opinion (not that you care anyway), but I meant a comeback in THIS game.

He and his team burn hot, and with all the emotions early in the game, they just aren't likely to re-energize.

And yes, for the record, I absolutely believe A&M got the right guy and their first choice.

100% agree. Tennessee will likely lose today. And we got the right guy and our first choice.
BenFiasco14
AG
Bucketrunner said:

We beat tu in baseball this year
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
HossAg
AG
I think Tadlock was #1 and Schloss was #2. There's no shame in admitting that we didn't get our #1.
Aggies2009
AG
histag10 said:

Bucketrunner said:

What year was that where it was sooooo horribly obvious. What was that umps name? Man, he was one hated guy. He got at least one call wrong in every game that series, and they always went tu's way...
He blew a call at home on Friday night, a call at third on Saturday, and a call at first on Sunday. The Friday and Sunday calls were the differences in the games.

I always say he was a blown call at 2nd from the cycle.

Dude then blew calls in other conferences and was sued by people for stealing money in his "umpiring school". He was quoted as saying he'd make what he KNEW to be the wrong call to get back at a player or coach for showing him up. He didn't need to be anywhere near a baseball diamond.

A real winner.
histag10
AG
Ah, yes. Dave Yeast. The jokes kept getting better as the weekend went on.
96ags
AG
HossAg said:

I think Tadlock was #1 and Schloss was #2. There's no shame in admitting that we didn't get our #1.
I don't.

I think A&M zeroed in on Schloss early on as I was hearing it mentioned around JUCO ball in early April.

I wouldn't blame anyone for making a run at Tadlock, but I don't think A&M did.
Faustus
Fun game though.
The 2-1 game against Miss. St. where it looked like Texas was going to get blanked wasn't much fun for me.

Aggies2009
AG
Faustus said:

Fun game though.
The 2-1 game against Miss. St. where it looked like Texas was going to get blanked wasn't much fun for me.

Why?

That was incredible pitching.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.