The 2021 Omaha Scoreboard

182,132 Views | 2294 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NC State can still win this thing.
Aggies2009
AG
aginlakeway said:

NC State can still win this thing.
Incredible man. They're fighting so hard.
Aggies2009
AG
Wow. Doubled him off.

Do it, NC State
powerbelly
AG
LETS GOOOO
DGAG92
AG
How on earth do you not see the runner ahead of you turn around?
powerbelly
Aggies2009
AG
Well, the winning run IS at the plate
Psychag
AG
Walk off possibility?
powerbelly
AG
Damn
DGAG92
AG
Boom!! Now, lets go STATE!
HossAg
AG
DGAG92 said:

Boom!! Now, lets go STATE!
Goose06
AG
Dang. Oh well, I actually think Nc state has a decent chance tomorrow.
Aggies2009
AG
Well damn.

I hope they're full strength tomorrow, though I see Vandy scoring early and often tomorrow.
RED AG 98
AG
Man a tough performance from the Wolfpack. Based on how tight this game ended up being, I bet Vandy goes with Leiter tomorrow. You can only worry about the finals if you get there.
EMY92
AG
You have to think the way this game went works out best for Vandy. Since it was close, NC State was forced to keep their precious few pitchers on the mound.

I think if Vandy had opened up a large lead early, NC State would have forfeited in order to save arms for tomorrow.
W
AG
Vandy is really good at winning when they don't play particularly well.

the Commodores were beatable again today
RED AG 98
AG
Not uncommon at all to be really flat and/or get boatraced after an emotional outing either, whether that be tomorrow versus Vandy or next series in the finals.

Either way, SEC be damned, I'm still pulling for the Pack.

Now if only State can BTHOtu! that'd be great!
GarryowenAg
AG
I agree. I'm rooting for the Wolfpack tomorrow.
aginlakeway
AG
Let's go Cowbell!!
aginlakeway
AG
Wide strike zone early for MSU pitcher.
RED AG 98
AG
Oh so Perry is behind the plate
aginlakeway
AG
Solo blast for Texas. 1-0.
jkag89
Pour it on State!
Caesar4
AG
Bottom 1st, 1 out. Cowbell runner was safe at 1st, looked to me. 1st baseman caught the throw from short and started coming down but runner reached the bag before 1st baseman's foot. But, he was called out. Seemed obvious on replay.
RED AG 98
AG
25% of the sips may be from Houston but IT AIN'T GONNA BE LIKED IT USE TO BE DAMMIT
aginlakeway
AG
Now 2-1 MSU. Only 1 out.

Texas got home from playing at 1 am. MSU last played on Tuesday.
jkag89
Moar!!! State
jkag89
Good answer to the sippie dinger. Now shut them down State!
trouble
AG
CLANGA!!!!!
DGAG92
AG
Swing the ****ing bat
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Their hats are so dewshbag. Annoying AF.
91AggieLawyer
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

You guys are overthinking NCSt's pitching position. Not saying you're wrong with who to go with, but its mandatory that they score 4-6 runs to win. That or more, they should win and it shouldn't matter who they throw. If they don't score 4, they probably won't win. Either game that is.

I know the thought process is "you can control pitching..." more than hitting but its not mutually exclusive. The game plan at the plate needs to be whatever they think will disrupt Vandy pitching and make them uncomfortable, whether it is take pitches, swing early, hit and run, just run, bunt, or even stick your hand out, catch the pitch and then hit it out of the park Kelly Lee style. Whatever Vandy isn't expecting, I'd say.

Since I'm rarely right in my predictions, I'm going to crow loudly about this one. No way you were going to keep Vandy from scoring fewer than 3.

With that said, I didn't see the game. What, if any strategy, did NCSt use on offense? Obviously, it wasn't effective.
VegasAg86
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

91AggieLawyer said:

You guys are overthinking NCSt's pitching position. Not saying you're wrong with who to go with, but its mandatory that they score 4-6 runs to win. That or more, they should win and it shouldn't matter who they throw. If they don't score 4, they probably won't win. Either game that is.

I know the thought process is "you can control pitching..." more than hitting but its not mutually exclusive. The game plan at the plate needs to be whatever they think will disrupt Vandy pitching and make them uncomfortable, whether it is take pitches, swing early, hit and run, just run, bunt, or even stick your hand out, catch the pitch and then hit it out of the park Kelly Lee style. Whatever Vandy isn't expecting, I'd say.

Since I'm rarely right in my predictions, I'm going to crow loudly about this one. No way you were going to keep Vandy from scoring fewer than 3.

With that said, I didn't see the game. What, if any strategy, did NCSt use on offense? Obviously, it wasn't effective.

They lost half their team to Covid protocol. They had 9 position players and 4 pitchers. The game 2 pitcher played 1st base.
RED AG 98
AG
do you realize they played the game with only 9 position players and 4 pitchers? A starting pitcher played 1b and went 3-4 at the plate. Their regular 3B played SS because regular SS was out.

Crow if you want. But that was a helluva outing for NCST and something they should be very proud of.
DGAG92
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

91AggieLawyer said:

Maybe you should google about the game first. You look stupid making comments like that, especially since you didn't watch the game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.