***** Official World Cup 2026 Round of 16 Thread *****

106,712 Views | 2035 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by fig96
missinAggieland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That was an insane game. Lots of fun to watch!
Houston Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This entire World Cup has delivered. Match after Match!
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

England needs a couple helicopters to take them straight to the airport now.....I wouldn't even go back to the dressing room.

I'm sure they probably have some security set up, not that something still couldn't happen, but it better not.
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.
Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fightingfarmer09 said:

Bellingham let them recycle that ball in there at the end walking back into the play.


He has some really awful touches in H2 when they could have killed more time
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Los putos perdieron
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

Get your ****, shower and go straight to the airport

Players or Referee?
BartInLA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgLiving06 said:

Anybody from England better be ready to fight tonight.


England fans - go immediately to your hotel room and LOCK the door!

If you party in the streets it will turn out bad.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
htxag09 said:

annie88 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Great match.

Those English fans better be careful getting out of the stadium.

I'm gonna be ****ing pissed if anybody gets hurt because of this.

4 people died in their celebration of their last win….

Mexican people or the opposition? Not that either is OK but…
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fig96 said:

fig96 said:

I'm rooting for chaos.

Update: chaos is winning.
Final update:

Chaos 4
England 3
Mexico 2
boogieman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
annie88 said:

So did it keep going past the ending time because of the corner stuff?

Just trying to understand.

This blowing the whistle seems so arbitrary to me.


Yes. He's keeping track of all the "stoppages" of play. And adjusts the timer he's keeping.
shoc08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know they all worked their butts off, but Bellingham stood out. He left it all out there. Being a man down for so long in Mexico City at altitude is impressive.
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Right into the dumpster with el trash. So long losers.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's the match of the WC so far. Just fantastic soccer.
AustinAg2K
How long do you want to ignore this user?
annie88 said:

So did it keep going past the ending time because of the corner stuff?

Just trying to understand.

This blowing the whistle seems so arbitrary to me.

It is arbitrary. They added 11 minutes because of the penalties earlier which "stopped the clock." (Technically, doesn't stop, they just add the extra time to the end). Even beyond that, though, the ref won't end a game when there is an attack going on. Essentially, you always get a chance at a last shot.
duck79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
annie88 said:

So did it keep going past the ending time because of the corner stuff?

Just trying to understand.

This blowing the whistle seems so arbitrary to me.


They usually won't end it when it's an attacking position
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MookieBlaylock said:

norway gonna this team - the to won most overrated teams in the tourney


Yeah, me also you this.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mathguy64 said:

wangus12 said:

Get your ****, shower and go straight to the airport

Players or Referee?


Yes
Queso1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great game. I love the Brit announcers. So much better than the American.
Peter Piper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OK, now I can go back to hating the English again.
shoc08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He was also 100+ minutes in, trying to keep pressure up top, playing a man down at altitude...
P.H. Dexippus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgLiving06 said:

Anybody from England better be ready to fight tonight.

I'm envisioning that time that the Top Gear crew had to flee Argentina, dodging mobs of enraged locals who felt insulted over the Falklands War.
AustinAg2K
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Viking Row > Oasis.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
annie88 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Great match.

Those English fans better be careful getting out of the stadium.

I'm gonna be ****ing pissed if anybody gets hurt because of this.


When I went for a USA match, the away fans have a full escort and are put in an enclosed section of the stadium. You enter before the Mexican fans and leave after them. I doubt that is done for the World Cup so people better have their head on a swivel
IowaAg07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I mean, he looked like he could barely breath there at the end. He balled out all game in a stadium at altitude, so my guess is his touch was pretty well done there at the end...
boogieman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Via con Dios English Fans. Good luck getting outta there safely.
Vitani
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Peter Piper said:

OK, now I can go back to hating the English again.

Let's go vikings.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mexico's fans are basically LSU but with better language skills....
I hope I did not offend anybody with this post. If I did, please come see me at my address in my profile so we can talk.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AustinAg2K said:

annie88 said:

So did it keep going past the ending time because of the corner stuff?

Just trying to understand.

This blowing the whistle seems so arbitrary to me.

It is arbitrary. They added 11 minutes because of the penalties earlier which "stopped the clock." (Technically, doesn't stop, they just add the extra time to the end). Even beyond that, though, the ref won't end a game when there is an attack going on. Essentially, you always get a chance at a last shot.

Thanks.
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.
BartInLA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It "seemed" that Mexico has possession for 90% although I think it was 66%,
Good thing England scored two goals in about 60-90 seconds
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vessel said:

Mathguy64 said:

Game.

Pickford has to be MOTM. He was massive.


Jude for me, but it's close.


The 6'7 guy that came in at the end and headed everything was pretty solid.
atmdds03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If I'm an English fan I'm buying a Mexico jersey and wearing it out of the stadium until I get on the plane!
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

annie88 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Great match.

Those English fans better be careful getting out of the stadium.

I'm gonna be ****ing pissed if anybody gets hurt because of this.


When I went for a USA match, the away fans have a full escort and are put in an enclosed section of the stadium. You enter before the Mexican fans and leave after them. I doubt that is done for the World Cup so people better have their head on a swivel

That in itself is pretty crazy.
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.
YokelRidesAgain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The US Americans are the last CONCACAF team standing!!
fullback44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Peter Piper said:

OK, now I can go back to hating the English again.

The Limeys played good early with the 2 back to back goals…. Mexico probably does better if the games plays out like a regular game, Limeys D was legit

That Mexico loss just cost all the bars in Mexico & Texas a lot of money … they would have been absolutely packed the next game if Aztecs win this. Bar owners just lost some cash no doubt
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Enrico Pallazzo said:

wangus12 said:

Get your ****, shower and go straight to the airport


Forget the shower and the **** better already be on the plane


Meanwhile we make Iran leave after a couple hours and we're the bad guys?!?
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.