***** Official World Cup 2026 Round of 16 Thread *****

105,470 Views | 2035 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by fig96
A is A
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tysker said:

Serious Lee said:

so is everyone pulling for our teasipping mates in england today, or is this one of those times you just root for an asteroid?

How about a 3-3 game in regulation with 6-4 in PKs and also 4+ yellows, at least one red? Then I don't care who wins


This would be great
AustinScubaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tysker said:

AustinScubaAg said:

Who?mikejones! said:



Oh look such a wonderful host nation.

Maybe a hot take around here but I think that's kinda awesome. Welcome CONCACAF Mother ****ers!!!!

I wonder if Dinesh Patel agrees

while true in CONCACAF qualifying you get home and away matches so this type of thing can happen both ways. I do not agree with it but it is at least it can be viewed as an even playing field.

This is the world cup and they are a host. They already have plenty of advantage just from playing 3 games in a row at altitude unlike the US who had to travel every game or Canada who at most would have had the no travel advantage.

AustinScubaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tysker said:

Serious Lee said:

so is everyone pulling for our teasipping mates in england today, or is this one of those times you just root for an asteroid?

How about a 3-3 game in regulation with 6-4 in PKs and also 4+ yellows, at least one red? Then I don't care who wins

I would root for this just for FIFA to have to explain how a team won on penalties 6-4
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AustinScubaAg said:

tysker said:

Serious Lee said:

so is everyone pulling for our teasipping mates in england today, or is this one of those times you just root for an asteroid?

How about a 3-3 game in regulation with 6-4 in PKs and also 4+ yellows, at least one red? Then I don't care who wins

I would root for this just for FIFA to have to explain how a team won on penalties 6-4


'Coach, I swear it's "win by 2". I mean I ref 3 v 3 basketball too and the rules are basically the same.'
tysker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AustinScubaAg said:

tysker said:

Serious Lee said:

so is everyone pulling for our teasipping mates in england today, or is this one of those times you just root for an asteroid?

How about a 3-3 game in regulation with 6-4 in PKs and also 4+ yellows, at least one red? Then I don't care who wins

I would root for this just for FIFA to have to explain how a team won on penalties 6-4

I should edit as a brain fart typo but I'll leave it and concede the possibility of VAR+FIFA shenanigans
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vamos Mexico!

Biggest Mexico game in my lifetime.

Unfortunate that this will be the last game in Mexico in this WC. It's been fun as hell watching vlogs of the awesome time folks have had in the three Mexican host cities.
tysker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AustinScubaAg said:

tysker said:

AustinScubaAg said:

Who?mikejones! said:



Oh look such a wonderful host nation.

Maybe a hot take around here but I think that's kinda awesome. Welcome CONCACAF Mother ****ers!!!!

I wonder if Dinesh Patel agrees

while true in CONCACAF qualifying you get home and away matches so this type of thing can happen both ways. I do not agree with it but it is at least it can be viewed as an even playing field.

This is the world cup and they are a host. They already have plenty of advantage just from playing 3 games in a row at altitude unlike the US who had to travel every game or Canada who at most would have had the no travel advantage.



If England wins today, they will have done something the US was never able to do, and will likely never do - win at the Azteca in a competitive match.

I very nice factoid for smug England fans to hold over the head of US fans.
LeonardSkinner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Vamos Mexico!

Biggest Mexico game in my lifetime.

Unfortunate that this will be the last game in Mexico in this WC. It's been fun as hell watching vlogs of the awesome time folks have had in the three Mexican host cities.

Spreadsheet updated. Brian Earl Spilner was born on or after June 18, 2002.

Dos a cero!
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
To be fair...this one is at home so he's right
LeonardSkinner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tysker said:

AustinScubaAg said:

tysker said:

AustinScubaAg said:

Who?mikejones! said:



Oh look such a wonderful host nation.

Maybe a hot take around here but I think that's kinda awesome. Welcome CONCACAF Mother ****ers!!!!

I wonder if Dinesh Patel agrees

while true in CONCACAF qualifying you get home and away matches so this type of thing can happen both ways. I do not agree with it but it is at least it can be viewed as an even playing field.

This is the world cup and they are a host. They already have plenty of advantage just from playing 3 games in a row at altitude unlike the US who had to travel every game or Canada who at most would have had the no travel advantage.



If England wins today, they will have done something the US was never able to do, and will likely never do - win at the Azteca in a competitive match.

I very nice factoid for smug England fans to hold over the head of US fans.

Mexico hasn't beaten the USMNT in a competitive match at Azteca in almost twenty years, so…

Cherry picking like chicharito.
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guess this is the other reason Mbappe didn't shake the keeper's hand.

Dude apparently said they would not be playing France but a team from Africa.

It's like Paraguay decided to validate every negative Comnebol stereotype in one match.
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haha that keeper was trying to get in their heads. Almost worked.
LouisHerbertWong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Forum Troll said:

I want Mexico to feel like the Brazilians in 2014.

I was there. Entire country went quiet and into mourning. Would love for that to happen again tonight.
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sun's out Balogun's out (of the suspension)
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Showstopper said:

Sun's out Balogun's out (of the suspension)


OMG
Peter Piper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Showstopper said:

Sun's out Balogun's out (of the suspension)


Thank you, Donald Trump.
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorsby's lawyer must have been on the case.

Crazy.
boogieman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought this was a meme. I had to come make sure!
AustinScubaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Showstopper said:

Sun's out Balogun's out (of the suspension)


I want to see another source confirm this seems out of left field.
FriedTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?

FriedTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From their main FB page
Russ Dalrymple
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is...big news
FriendlyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What?
setsmachine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didn't sources come out immediately after and that there is no way this could happen??
Out in Left Field
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY HANDS!
AustinScubaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FriedTex said:




we all knew FIFA could do this but I wanted another source besides the athletic. Not that I do not trust them but wanted independent confirmation.
nai06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watch them reinstate it if the US win
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/49277378/usmnt-folarin-balogun-red-card-suspended-belgium
gambochaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HOLLYYYYYYYY CRAPP
LETS GO BROSSSSS
nomad2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would never in a million years imagine they'd do that
Infection_Ag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
setsmachine said:

Didn't sources come out immediately after and that there is no way this could happen??


It couldn't be appealed, but FIFA always has the ability to rescind any yellow/red card. It's just that it virtually never happens.

Maybe Trump's relationship with Infantino is paying off
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
setsmachine said:

Didn't sources come out immediately after and that there is no way this could happen??


Just said we can't appeal.

Nothing about fifa gods doing what they want.
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Showstopper said:

Sun's out Balogun's out (of the suspension)

No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.