Arsenal 2026-2027 Thread

58,698 Views | 1307 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by tu ag
tcow715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's being reported (although not sure the reliability) that Alvarez doesn't want to go back to England because his parents had Visa issues when he was with City. If true, that would explain why he's so dead set on Barca.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Probably a reliable LW away from being THE top team

And while its very early, based on preseason, CS and MD1, Tzolis may be that guy.
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tcow715 said:

It's being reported (although not sure the reliability) that Alvarez doesn't want to go back to England because his parents had Visa issues when he was with City. If true, that would explain why he's so dead set on Barca.

and much of his fam doesn't speak english...
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Also I saw somewhere the rumored offer we put on the table was 120-125m +10m add ons
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doesn't sit well with me that we will be his distant 2nd choice. He may grow to love London but he doesn't want to be there. He just wants out of Atleti more.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Same. I think he's really good, but this is way to messy to be involved with and its almost guaranteed we will be dealing with it again in the next year or 2
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whole thing just gives me a really bad gut feel. We have such a solid team of genuinely good dudes. Just doesn't seem worth the potential locker room risk here. Maybe I'm just jaded on Argentine players...
tu ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IF he signs, I bet he comes in a bit cold.
I also bet he warms up with the culture catching him up in what it has become.
By the end of the year, he is a great weapon.

Great organizations are built on great culture - that doesn't stop with one bad seed, it either catches them up and changes them or they leave. I'm going with the former.
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zgolfz85 said:

whole thing just gives me a really bad gut feel. We have such a solid team of genuinely good dudes. Just doesn't seem worth the potential locker room risk here. Maybe I'm just jaded on Argentine players...

I'm right there with you after the WC antics

If we are dead set on adding a ST, it arguably makes more sense to go for Osimhen. He has some attitude issues but I bet he would legit be into moving to London and the reported fee is nearly half what it would cost to get Alvarez.
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just seems like Alvarez has arteta rock hard with tunnel vision. I don't get it
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://likeanewsletter.substack.com/p/julian-alvarez-130m-quid-pro-quo
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zgolfz85 said:

Just seems like Alvarez has arteta rock hard with tunnel vision. I don't get it


I don't think Arteta can help it. He is kind of insane and will scratch and claw any time he thinks he can marginally improve something.
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also, I am always really put off by the Spanish media and club nonsense and politics and like the of staying out of it. I assume Arteta is not so bothered considering he grew up in it
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not that I ever want to defend them, but this summer they are sitting at a net gain of 81 million right now with all their transfers and that doesn't include whatever they get for Marmoush from Spurs. They can buy Enzo and probably still finish in the green for the summer
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
both city & chelsea doing some serious money laundering this window. no way in hell they should be pulling the cash they are from their sheet players.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You mean Savinho isn't worth 85m
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We drew Ipswich Town away in the Coca Cola Carling Carabou Cup
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brazilian outlet reporting that Jesus would rather sit on the bench to get paid at Arsenal rather than play somewhere else.

A lot of fans will be pissed at him, and I don't like it, but I guess as an American that's how it works here in our sports and I don't really blame him. Get paid and then go play back in Brazil next year.
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Makes you wonder…is it more beneficial to get a third striker in Alvarez or a second left winger in someone like Ndiaye?

chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Flipping a FA signing in the same window is some Chelsea level sheet.....



Quote:

Illan Meslier is one of OM's active leads for the goalkeeper position in the final stretch of the transfer window. Marseille still needs to trim the squad before it can make concrete progress on this file.

TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is that allowed?
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No reason it shouldn't be
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm sad to see him go but at least we are getting a fee approaching his value. They are still getting a deal at that price.
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like Marti but I 100% get why we are moving him. Rather him than MLS or Ethan. That said, given the market I am blown away that we can't get an interest at 75-80m euro.
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Because Gabi's 6m initial fee from 2019 is fully amortized, a 51.3m sale yields 51.3m in pure, unamortized SCR profit on our 2026 balance sheet.

Under 5-year amortization math, that single 51.3m profit completely offsets the entire Year 1 accounting expense of:
Bruno Guimares (15.0m/yr)
Ezri Konsa (10.2m/yr)
Piero Hincapi (6.8m/yr)
Christos Tzolis (6.8m/yr)

Combined Year 1 cost: 38.8m/yr.
Martinelli's sale covers all four and leaves +12.5m in SCR headroom for deadline day.

Monetizing secondary depth to fund four world-class system upgrades is how self-sustaining champions build dynasties.
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Former Gunner

chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm curious how the 15% sell-on owed to Ituano plays into those calculations or if SCR doesn't consider that part of the equation?
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw the full video of that. He is a complete idiot. So much potential but screwed it up because he is a f'tard that can't control his emotions.
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chjoak said:

I'm curious how the 15% sell-on owed to Ituano plays into those calculations or if SCR doesn't consider that part of the equation?

I am pretty sure SCR treats that as an immediate outlay. I'm not sure if that means less profit or its treated as a loss in the formula, but either way, it means less money for us to spend.

Also, SCR excludes option years so Bruno's contract is amortized over 4 years instead of 5, so I don't think the math is nearly as clean as that explanation.

And to maybe state the obvious, that's not actually "self-sustaining" because amortized purchases will start to add up. But it does illustrate, perhaps, why we decided we needed to force Martinelli out.
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chjoak said:

I'm curious how the 15% sell-on owed to Ituano plays into those calculations or if SCR doesn't consider that part of the equation?

Yeah it plays into the equation but the original post ignored that. So his math is slightly wrong.
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Love the audio from these ref cam clips:

wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reiss Nelson is gone. Contract mutually terminated

TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good luck to him. Pretty wild we couldn't find a suitable buyer to give us a few quid for him.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.