Arsenal 2026-2027 Thread

58,570 Views | 1307 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by tu ag
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

Yeah but it's even Arsenal fans in English media. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he signs here. Must be nice to have infinite money to pay their squad what they do.

The absolute meltdown online over basically media spun news is wild

If the stuff I read about Vini's image rights are correct, he is effectively playing for Real for free. The 50% they own of his 16 endorsement deals make them enough money to fully fund his salary.
CatD11Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tomiyasu signing with Palace. I liked Tomi but player could not stay healthy.
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's pretty official.....


Quote:

Arsenal had offered Vini Jnr one of the biggest packages in the history of the PL.

Conversations around being the face of PL, sky rocketing his brand economically and globally and a true chance at winning the Ballon d'Or. He was presented with testing himself in the best league in the world and leading Arsenal for another UCL push.

I have been critical of some of our movements in this market but this? The ownership / Berta / Mikel did absolutely everything to bring the best LW in world football to Arsenal.

When the time is right we will talk about the backstory because it was a rollercoaster. The club, even as recent as yesterday were supremely confident because of the package and conversations they had with the player directly and his camp.

Ultimately, the player is set to renew while Arsenal assess the market to bolster their attack and defence.


On to plan B..... What is plan B again?
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If we go back to the start of the window, who would we consider a top tier LW that could be options (aka don't play for direct PL rivals). That rules out Doku & Semenyo. In the couple lists of Top 25 LWs in the World, Martinelli and Trossard both appear as well.

Vini Jr: Shot our shot and didn't get it
Kvara: Isn't for sale at any price according to PSG
Raphina: To my knowledge, isn't for sale
Barcola: Viable option, but PSG want insane money
Williams: Has a release clause, but hasn't progressed in last few years. Often injured
Leao: Very inconsistent

Younger options like:
Diomande: Signing with Madrid
Yildiz: Isn't for sale
Godts: Unproven in top league, probably going to PSG

I could see us try and push Alvarez just to see, but I don't really want someone who only wants to be at Barcelona
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At this point, I'm ok sticking with tzolis and marti and seeing how it goes. All the other LWs I'd want are untouchable or overvalued and seems like we'd be stretching with any realistic options
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think I still want another attacking option. Optimistically Bruno's progressive passing helps us quite a bit in transition and we get more out of Martinelli and Tzolis. Gyokeres hopefully continues to improve, but man he leaves a lot to be desired in his touch. Havertz hopefully stays healthy.

Just seems like a lot of ifs.

Lets make no mistake that we are probably a top 5 team in the World right now and adding players to improve is A) very hard because its a limited pool & B) very expensive.

I wouldn't be upset with staying with Martinelli/Tzolis, but I do think I'd be underwhelmed.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One name you could take a punt on is Marcus Rashford. Has been hit or miss over the last few years, but has had some really good years in the league. Not sure anyone really wants him.
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I guess we can play more Eze at LW as well
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I still wish we would have gone for Godts. Think he is gonna be special.

My issues with Rashford..... a) age, b) cost (transfer + salary) vs output, c) helps ManU and d) his attitude is worse than Vini.

I'd be ok keeping Marti but I would like to atleast see a young W with huge upside (like Godts). That might have been the kid from Leicester but we will never know. Scouting team needs to do their job and find us an 18yo (younger if English) to bring in. Need a right-footed Dowman.
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zgolfz85 said:

I guess we can play more Eze at LW as well

Eze can't keep width. Only works if you have an overlapping LB or a LCM that likes to drift wide. We have neither.
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm slowly talking myself into Tzolis being the next Ballon d'Or winner

his highlights from these 2 preseason games are legit though...
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I kinda feel like we dodged a bullet but who knows what would've happened with Vini here. You can't deny his talent.
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seen a couple interesting rumors this morning.....

- Xabi Alonso supposedly looking to bring Zubi to Chelsea (he wanted him at Real last summer)
- Rodri is now talking to Barca. Real want Zubi as their backup plan.

Personally, I want to keep Zubi..... but...... if the price is right..... I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a younger option to balance the age profile at DM/CM. Think my price for Chelsea would be significantly higher but it wouldn't be cheap for Real.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's PL and World Cup winning Martin Zubimendi. 27 years old. Based on the market, we don't start talking unless its 9 figures.
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wouldn't change facial expression if we sold zubi, as long as we get a good price
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

That's PL and World Cup winning Martin Zubimendi. 27 years old. Based on the market, we don't start talking unless its 9 figures.

Yep. We paid 60m (euro). In the current market any offer below 80m gets laughed off the phone. Final price is over 100m. Like I said, I like the guy but I wouldn't be upset if we sold him for 100+m and snagged a u22 to pair with MLS in the near future. I think MLS is good enough to be the #3 and could push his way into 3000+ min this season. Bring in someone young to get 2000+ min and work towards MLS and the new guy being the starting pair in 2-3yrs.
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
think he would do well in Italy
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chjoak said:

think he would do well in Italy


Yeah he seems like a serie a guy
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like Bruno will be #39 which is what he typically wears for clubs. Our midfield numbers are crazy lol

35
39
41
49
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jessexy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If we can afford Vini, Jr. then we can afford Barcola. Pony up and pay the money.
peace....jessexy
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Raya cannot come back fast enough
AustinScubaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hopefully he's back soon.
Bull Meachem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Apparently he's coming back early. Maybe tomorrow.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Arteta said the whole squad should be back starting tomorrow.
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I mean Raya never played in the World Cup, should be ok for week 1 right?
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gougler08 said:

I mean Raya never played in the World Cup, should be ok for week 1 right?


He cut a family vacation short to join early.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gougler08 said:

I mean Raya never played in the World Cup, should be ok for week 1 right?

He's a goalie. He will start the Community Shield next weekend.
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Starting to think Reiss will be an Arsenal player forever, just an endless cycle of loans and one year extensions in hopes for a permanent sale that will never happen

chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hate that we can't sell anyone. Even when players go on loan and perform well we can't find anyone to make a reasonable offer.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It has to be collusion at this point lol. It simply makes no sense that other teams can sell their fringe players for 30-50m and we can't even get 10-15m for players
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They are trying to play hardball for Vieria but they need to just sell him to Hamburg for the 9 million or whatever they are offering

It sounds like Jesus will end up Napoli if Napoli can sell one of their forwards
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I didn't want to say it but I agree.

I don't think it is collusion against us per se. But I think there is a high probability that a number of teams are colluding on some variation of money laundering and we simply aren't part of the group.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.