Arsenal 2026-2027 Thread

59,890 Views | 1310 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by wangus12
Bull Meachem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was hoping I could delete before anyone saw it. Apologies.
tcow715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All good!
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

I don't think Barcelona would even offer a break even process for us and then who would we go get. Alvarez is a pipe dream. Osimhen is a huge gamble. Running Havertz into the ground would last 5 weeks.

He's gonna have 40-50 appearances with us. No sell


Im not in a hurry to sell but given the market and Barca running out of big name options (they legit have zero 9s on the roster) I could see the scenario where they end up willing to pay 80+. That is a 20m profit in 1 yr. We.could then turn around and get a younger option (Kofane?) to be Kai's backup. We're arguably stronger with VG & Kai but if VG is trying to bolt, Im willing to let him go as long as we make a profit in the deal.
jessexy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
transfer Zubi out, transfer Vik out
Go get Barcola before Liverpool get him
peace....jessexy
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lol apparently Bruno G. is questionable. He had ice on his leg after coming off at HT at the Community Shield

Sign Bruno to ensure we don't rush Rice back
Bruno gets injured, Rice starts GW1 anyways
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maximus_Meridius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

Lol apparently Bruno G. is questionable. He had ice on his leg after coming off at HT at the Community Shield

Sign Bruno to ensure we don't rush Rice back
Bruno gets injured, Rice starts GW1 anyways

I mean...it's Arsenal, is anyone here really surprised?
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Arteta said today that Myles Lewis-Skelly will "100%" remain at the club. The guy has just made it impossible for Arsenal to let him leave.

Also, maybe another good youth signing incoming…

chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That kid looks interesting. Could be the right-footed Max that we need. From what I've seen he doesn't turn 18 until March so likely doesn't join until next summer but then would be HG eligible.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Should note that this kid is being scouted by the same guy who discover Kvara as well. That guy works for Arsenal now and also scouted Tzolis.
Strangely Attractive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That guy knows ball, apparently...
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

Should note that this kid is being scouted by the same guy who discover Kvara as well. That guy works for Arsenal now and also scouted Tzolis.

you mean 26/27 ballon d'or winner christos tzolis?
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know if they'll have any kind of claim or not, but I'd have my lawyers on the phone if I were Frankfurt…



wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Julian Alvarez Case: Update: - Julian is open to a move to Arsenal but has many doubts - Arsenal offer 120 million and Atltico Madrid wants 150 million. - Atltico offered a renewal: 7-10 million net - Barcelona has already ruled out a move. - Julian will decide today whether to stay at Atltico or negotiate with Arsenal

The only doubt he could possibly have is whether or not he can force his way to Barcelona next summer. You don't have doubts joining a team that is as strong and deep as the current Arsenal squad
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know how legit that report is but either way we really need to back away from Alvarez. If he comes here he will force his way out in 1-2 years. If you were getting him at a discounted rate, maybe. No way you spend 100m+ only to have to sell him in a year. That's a HUGE risk.
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
F Alvarez, he's not even that good
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

Quote:

Julian Alvarez Case: Update: - Julian is open to a move to Arsenal but has many doubts - Arsenal offer 120 million and Atltico Madrid wants 150 million. - Atltico offered a renewal: 7-10 million net - Barcelona has already ruled out a move. - Julian will decide today whether to stay at Atltico or negotiate with Arsenal

The only doubt he could possibly have is whether or not he can force his way to Barcelona next summer. You don't have doubts joining a team that is as strong and deep as the current Arsenal squad

The dude already left Manchester City because they were too strong and too deep for him to play the minutes and role he wanted to...Between that and his desire to play for Barcelona, it's still a "no" from me.
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
a lot of me wonders how real any of these alvarez types of stories are in relation to us. I don't see mikel or berta being the types to willingly throw a potential wrench into our very cohesive locker room dynamic (minus gyok, marti and jesus....and maybe miles lol). we are just fine with what we have. I get taking a big swing for Vini or Barcoloa, etc., but not Julian Alvarez
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I mean I'd argue Alvarez is far more of a guarantee than Barcola. I think he is very good (albeit not 150m good). I just think he only wants to be a Barcelona and he will do the same thing he is doing at Madrid here
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?


chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

I mean I'd argue Alvarez is far more of a guarantee than Barcola. I think he is very good (albeit not 150m good). I just think he only wants to be a Barcelona and he will do the same thing he is doing at Madrid here

The other potential issue.....

Is he willing to play LW or are you buying him to be a False 9? He left City because he wanted to play 9 and they brought in Haaland. So if he insists on F9, then you really need to move Vik or Kai and then you still haven't really addressed LW beyond a Trossard replacement.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I absolutely agree. personally like you said earlier I have little to no interest in bringing him in. I think its far too disruptive to what we have and the cost to do so greatly outpaces what I think he'd bring.
MaroonTxAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Too many red flags with JA, and there have been from the jump.

Time to move on. Roll with what we have unless something else falls in our laps without breaking the bank.
MaroonTxAg03
AustinScubaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chjoak said:

wangus12 said:

I mean I'd argue Alvarez is far more of a guarantee than Barcola. I think he is very good (albeit not 150m good). I just think he only wants to be a Barcelona and he will do the same thing he is doing at Madrid here

The other potential issue.....

Is he willing to play LW or are you buying him to be a False 9? He left City because he wanted to play 9 and they brought in Haaland. So if he insists on F9, then you really need to move Vik or Kai and then you still haven't really addressed LW beyond a Trossard replacement.


Tzolis looks like he may be an upgrade on Trossard. Also Guimares if fit is likely to bring the LW more into the game. I feel part of our LW problem is they have been more isolated by the midfield.
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Marti likely gone..... left out of the team again today and I've seen claims that on the Arsenal shop his name/number is listed dead last on the dropdown. That means we will atleast need another body unless we plan to play a lefty on the left this season.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So with the season starting in a mere 3 hours. Here is the current squad for 2025-26


Goalkeepers (4):
David Raya
Kepa Arrizabalaga
Illan Meslier
Tommy Setford

Defenders (8):
William Saliba
Cristhian Mosquera
Ben White
Piero Hincapie
Gabriel
Jurrien Timber
Ezri Konsa
Riccardo Calafiori

Midfielders (9):
Martin Odegaard
Eberechi Eze
Fabio Vieira
Ethan Nwaneri
Mikel Merino
Martin Zubimendi
Bruno Guimaraes
Declan Rice
Myles Lewis-Skelly

Forwards (8):
Bukayo Saka
Gabriel Jesus
Gabriel Martinelli
Viktor Gyokeres
Christos Tzolis
Noni Madueke
Reiss Nelson
Kai Havertz

Youth Options:
Max Dowman
Marli Salmon
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chjoak said:

Marti likely gone..... left out of the team again today and I've seen claims that on the Arsenal shop his name/number is listed dead last on the dropdown. That means we will at least need another body unless we plan to play a lefty on the left this season.

Martinelli will be out of the squad until the window closes. Even then, there are gonna be some unhappy people that are not making matchday squads.
jessexy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Barcola!!!!
peace....jessexy
jessexy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not gonna complain about this. We'r enowhere near the crazy amount of "depth" that Chelsea have.... and potential for malcontents cuz you can't make the squad. But Arsenal have had such a lack of depth for so long that it makes me smile to have people that could be mad if they don't make the matchday list. Let them perform in training to make the bench and have some competition for starts, playing time, and game experience. This is a good thing.
peace....jessexy
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rice and Saka right back in. Only 1 defender on the bench. Injury Crisis FC hitting the ground running

Let's ****ing Go

scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am far from an Arsenal fan but am looking forward to this match on TV because it is the beginning of EPL.
mrmill3218
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Am I the only one who thinks Gyokores is a much better striker than Havertz?

21 goals last season (most by an Arsenal player for six years), in his first season, with no preseason with the team, with his midfield injured most of the season, with pretty limited service because of how the wingers like to play. Arsenal were also doing whatever it took to get three points for a large potion of the season, which wasn't very conducive to your striker scoring a lot of goals.
MaroonTxAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No. You are not alone.

Kai is a Swiss Army knife and can do so much, but he's not a true 9. VG took a little time to settle in which was expected. We didn't do a good enough job of feeding him last season and he still produced over 20 goals.

Kind of a head scratcher why we are trying to push him out so quickly.
MaroonTxAg03
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not sure we are trying to push him out. The fans might be. It sounds like maybe Gyokeres is possibly looking to leave for Barcelona, but I've only seen some minor reports for that. I think having both is absolutely necessary. Havertz fits better with the team, but VG is still a major asset that should be kept
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.