Manchester United 2020-21 Thread

38,327 Views | 912 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dre_00
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are watching a team quit before our very eyes.
Mathguy64
AG
Bailly is lucky to still be playing and we should be at 9 men.
Mathguy64
AG
Pogba with the rake of his studs down Hoijberg's thigh. He's lucky to escape unpunished. Taylor has lost control as we are openly and blatantly applying the dark arts. Someone is going to get hurt.
Mathguy64
AG
Maguire isn't even trying. It's brutal how badly he is playing. He can't move and Bailly can't defend.
Mathguy64
AG
Shambolic. Woodward sitting there texting. I'm sure the price for Sancho just went up $10MM
Mathguy64
AG
That PK wasn't even a foul. Pogba slid clear of the Spurs player who made the decision to jump over him and intentionally drug both feet to initiate the contact.
boogieman
AG

Harsh, but they ain't wrong.
Thunder18
AG
Shaw should've got a red as well for his tackle on Lucas. That was egregious
Mathguy64
AG
I don't think it's harsh at all.
Onceaggie2.0
Edison will be the best striker on this team when he comes in think about that .
Dre_00
Well we signed Telles. So...yay?
Mathguy64
AG
So we spent money today like a drunk businessman spends money on ****** strippers in Bangkok.

Blindly and stupidly.
Thunder18
AG
As expected
Dre_00
If there's one thing this window confirmed it's that Woodward is not a quick study and still doesn't understand the dynamics of the transfer market and its economics. It took him forever to put together back-to-back transfer windows that were average (or slightly better than average). There was nothing special about those windows or any of the windows before them. It was basic stuff that any decent football director would've known. It just took him that long to figure out how to operate in a transfer window.

And now, in the weirdest transfer window in soccer history, it should be no surprise that he's screwed the pooch. He clearly isn't dynamic enough to adjust and/or develop a successful plan in a relatively short time. So we reverted to the crap that didn't work in 2015 when the plan wasn't cohesive or well thought out.

It is what it is at this point. Ole will likely be gone at some point sooner or later. Games will come and go. We'll lose some and I imagine we'll go on a winning streak at some point. None of it will really matter until Woodward is gone and a significant organizational and mentality shift is applied at the top of the club.
ja86
AG
The rot goes all the way to the top. Nothing is going to change until the Glazers decide they have milked the club for all they can get and sell. Woodward is just another brick in the wall.
Dre_00
I just realized that between 10/20 and 11/1 we play:

PSG
Chelsea
RB Leipzig
Arsenal

We'll find out pretty soon if the team is able to turn this horrible start around.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
ja86 said:

The rot goes all the way to the top. Nothing is going to change until the Glazers decide they have milked the club for all they can get and sell. Woodward is just another brick in the wall.
There is something to be said about sports owners who are actually invested in their franchise, and not merely one part of their investment portfolio. Owners dont have to be Mark Cuban, sitting courtside with a t-shirt rooting on his team like a fan, but some level of giveadamn, would be nice. Say what you want about Jerrah, he at least gives a **** and is willing to throw money at the problem.

Regardless, Woodward is the main issue. As long as he oversees the transfer windows, United will wallow in mediocrity.
Mathguy64
AG
As much as I hate to say it, Woodward isn't going anywhere. When the Glazers bought their ownership they paid something like $700MM. Today it's worth between $5-7B. That's a tidy profit. And Woodward oversaw the financial windfall.

Just hire a damn DoF.
Dre_00
Yeah, I should clarify that when I say Woodward should go it's really from making soccer decisions. If he wants to negotiate a new official noodle sponsor of Manchester United, go right ahead.
Thunder18
AG
Marcus Rashford was just announced as being honored with an MBE for his work to help end child hunger
Mathguy64
AG
2 minutes in and a horrific deflection. Good thing I'm only going to watch for an hour before the Ags play at 3:00
Mathguy64
AG
Turned it off at HT and just checked on the score. 4-1 win. That's what I get for bailing.
ScottishFire
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Turned it off at HT and just checked on the score. 4-1 win. That's what I get for bailing.

Lol, you're not alone. Goal in the 86th and two in stoppage
Mathguy64
AG
And a missed PK
Onceaggie2.0
that last goal was hilarious all the NC players just stopped playing.
Dre_00
I was able to catch the 2nd half and two plays stood out...

De Gea made a RIDICULOUS save to keep the game 1-1. It reminded me of the De Gea of old.

The move that put United up 2-1 was pure poetry. Defense to attack in an instant. Van Der Beek to Fernandes who back heels back to Van Der Beek who arrows a pinpoint pass to Mata at midfield who finds Rashford in perfect stride who plays a reverse ball to Fernandes who hits it in off the inside of the post. Every pass was inch perfect with perfect pace (Rashford's pass was slightly behind Bruno if I'm being picky but other than that...perfect). It reminded me of the United of old.
AG
Um, this is an...interesting...starting XI against PSG today...

jeffk
AG
Y'all would be up two goals instead of one if you were wearing the zubaz shorts to match the jerseys.
ScottishFire
AG
Come on, Rashford.
Dre_00
De Gea with a ridiculous save against Mbappe. If he keeps this up, I may have to re-quote myself in self adulation.
ScottishFire
AG
Martial with the own goal off a PSG corner.
1-1

Martial almost get is back on a United corner - slightly over crossbar.
ScottishFire
AG
Rashford with a low, back post shot for the 2-1 lead
Dre_00
A really good performance tonight. They played better than they did last time in Paris in the CL. Did not see that coming. Let's hope they build on it in league play.
planoaggie123
AG
I KNEW they were going to beat PSG....
AG
Luke Shaw didnt look half bad in the back 3. Telles is the real deal, man. Now just need someone that plays well in the air pn the other end of those crosses...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.