Manchester United 2020-21 Thread

38,335 Views | 912 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dre_00
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Its being reported that we signed Cavani for 200k/wk and some crazy 10MM in agent fees. So a 33 year old plodding striker who breaks down a lot for super high wages. Did we not learn anything from the Sanchez move? Not to mention this is in lieu of Sancho?

This move make less than no sense. I mean making it is beyond belief for a team that has gone young and fast.
Thunder18
AG
Won't cough up the extra 17 mil for Sancho though
Onceaggie2.0
Where would you play sancho ? Edison is a clear striker something that is lacking
Thunder18
AG
Sancho would play as our RW
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Its being reported that we signed Cavani for 200k/wk and some crazy 10MM in agent fees. So a 33 year old plodding striker who breaks down a lot for super high wages. Did we not learn anything from the Sanchez move? Not to mention this is in lieu of Sancho?

This move make less than no sense. I mean making it is beyond belief for a team that has gone young and fast.

I actually like the move. He shouldn't (hopefully) play a ton, but will be that sub that comes in when Greenwood or Martial is gassed and we need a last minute goal. Guy is old and has lost a lot of pace but he still has an eye for goal and is smart. Hopefully Greenwood and martial can learn from him.
Mathguy64
AG
United: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Bailly, Shaw; Matic, Pogba; Greenwood, Fernandes, Rashford; Martial.

Substitutes: Henderson, Lindelof, Fred, Lingard, Mata, McTominay, van de Beek.
Thunder18
AG
Martial draws a PK 30 seconds into the game and Bruno converts it. 1-0
Mathguy64
AG
That was fast.
Mathguy64
AG
What the holy hell was maguire doing? That's a **** show.
Thunder18
AG
...and we give it right away. Maguire was the worst 80 million signing of all time
Mathguy64
AG
I mean that looked like U10 rec league players back there. You could not defend that any worse if you tried.
Thunder18
AG
Literally wtf is happening
Mathguy64
AG
That's 2 goals on maguire.
Mathguy64
AG
Yes. Let's sign Edinson Cavani. That will fix everything.
lamivudine
Mathguy64 said:

who said it was you have a weird hate for a prove in the box striker.
Thunder18
AG
Bruno snd Rashford almost combine to level it back up...but it hits off the post and Rashford was offside
Mathguy64
AG
" the linesman thought about putting his flag up and then realized it's 2020 and he doesn't have to use it". That is a great line.
Thunder18
AG
My lord we almost gave Son a second wide open goal
Mathguy64
AG
lamivudine said:

Mathguy64 said:

who said it was you have a weird hate for a prove in the box striker.
A 33 year old slow, often injured striker sitting around for free that literally no one wanted who would be playing on a team that wants to play in the open and counter.
Mathguy64
AG
Oh boy. That's not VC and Taylor didn't see it. That reaction was so late by Lamela. Lamela threw an elbow at Martials throat first and that got ignored. The slap was there but it was completely embellished by Lamela. Give both yellows. It was clear to me that Taylor never saw that and should have gone to a monitor to watch it.
Thunder18
AG
Now Martial gets a RC after slapping Lamela who acts like he got slugged
Thunder18
AG
Lamela elbowed him in the neck
lamivudine
LOL its time for Ole to go this is a joke
Thunder18
AG
Playing out of the back, Bailly literally passes it right to the mddle of the box
boogieman
AG
This defense is rediculous
lamivudine
Jose laughing it up.
Mathguy64
AG
I cannot say how badly Anthony Taylor dealt with that. He never saw that. The replay was clear. Someone else on the crew told him. He should have gone to a monitor to look at it and sort it out. I know a strike to a head is VC but the first action was an elbow to a throat and he never dealt with it.

Either be a bad ass crazy man and show 2 red cards (which is what you should do by the LOTG) or do the right thing and toss 2 yellows.
Mathguy64
AG
**** show. This may get Ole sacked.
boogieman
AG
Hey Woodward! Don't just sit there, get us some f'in players.
Thunder18
AG
**** this bull****
lamivudine
Bailly is walking disaster every game
ja86
AG
What happened between the end of the restart and the new season. They weren't playing the best but nothing like this. I'm not sure bringing anyone can fix this...
Mathguy64
AG
Taylor could not have had a worse half. On the first Tottenham goal where Maguire butchers the headers Lamela pulls down a defender letting the ball fall to Son. He also missed Bailly stepping on and raking someone's Achilles. If you are going to send off Martial for what he did be consistent
ScottishFire
AG
Will Ole make it to November?

I thought he'd be gone by January but not this quickly.
lamivudine
Mathguy64 said:

Taylor could not have had a worse half. On the first Tottenham goal where Maguire butchers the headers Lamela pulls down a defender letting the ball fall to Son. He also missed Bailly stepping on and raking someone's Achilles. If you are going to send off Martial for what he did be consistent
yeah man its the refs fault

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.