Manchester United 2020-21 Thread

38,340 Views | 912 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dre_00
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really good save on the initial header though.
Mathguy64
AG
BHA in full on time wasting mode just 20' in. Every free kick takes an extra wave and look. Every throw in is touching at least two throwers hands.
Mathguy64
AG
Henderson is a hot mess right now.
Mathguy64
AG
That was the season encapsulated in 47 minutes.
Mathguy64
AG
This is horrid. It's so slow and the only tactic is play it wide and send a cross into a congested area where it's cleared with ease.
Mathguy64
AG
And finally a score off a bad defensive lapse and counter. And that was a fantastic advantage by Dean
Mathguy64
AG
I guess Donny VDB is alive after all. I was beginning to wonder.
Thunder18
AG
Anyone else's feed cut off literally as Mason scored?
Mathguy64
AG
I revise my earlier statement. This was a full game that encapsulated the whole season in 90 plus minutes.
Bmac04
AG
What a pass by Lindelof
Thunder18
AG
This ref needs to start giving their players yellows as well. We've already lost Shaw for the next match
Thunder18
AG
The disparity in what constitutes a yellow for us vs them is unbelievable
Dre_00
Bmac04 said:

What a pass by Lindelof

What a first touch by Marcus
Mathguy64
AG
I'm about done with the EPL and NBC. A huge game today and easily the best matchup this match day and it's buried on Peacock with MSNBC shows a freaking car auction. They have to be losing viewship over this. It's not as bad as what UEFA has done with their TV deal for CL and EL but it's getting there.
planoaggie123
AG
I think in a year or two they will realize they made a mistake.

Between COVID stoppage (not their fault but people realized they can live without sports) and reducing the "free" games available, they are turning off the "Luke warm" crowd and even people like me who will do most anything to catch a game. Two years ago I would have been more upset but I find my care level decreasing. I don't want to jump through hoops and buy 5 subscriptions to watch my teams...
Mathguy64
AG
To make it worse their app is pure crap. No pause/rewind and it constantly crashes. Like now. And it magically decided to come back with subtitles.
Mathguy64
AG
That is a tiny tiny foul but he's already let way worse go unpunished. Calling that back would be rough. And Son made it look way worse.
jnathan10
AG
Son put his hand on Scott's arm so he brushed it off. How does he see that as a foul?!
Mathguy64
AG
That was the textbook definition of re-referring a match.
Mathguy64
AG
Now the diving has started. All because of the original call on McTominay.
Skitch05
AG
Is the PL the worst officiated league in the world? Decisions like that almost make me want to quit watching.
Mathguy64
AG
Skitch05 said:

Is the PL the worst officiated league in the world? Decisions like that almost make me want to quit watching.

Not even close. It's just the most visible. I wouldn't call CONCACAF a league but it's by far the worst refereeing as a group and it's not close. I mean they have lapped #2.
Skitch05
AG
Fair enough. I agree with that.
Bmac04
AG
Cavani!!
Mathguy64
AG
Freaking peacock had now gone out 4 time. "Unexpected error". POS.
Mathguy64
AG
Huge win.

Actual score 3-1. Son score 4-3. Either way win.
jnathan10
AG
There it is! Pogba to Greenwood, you love to see it!
Dre_00
Pogba was absolutely spectacular today. What a freaking player.
Mathguy64
AG
Cavani was MoM for me. He made a fantastic little run to score the goal they took out and his diving header was an absolute scorers goal. Shaw also had a very good game as did Fred. And Jose got outcoached.
Thunder18
AG
Fred was absolutely terrible before he scored, but he was fantastic for the remainder of the game afterwards. Pogba was dominant throughout, MOTM for me, with Cavani right there as well
Mathguy64
AG
Lineup for today. Shaw, Slabhead and McT are all out for card accumulation.

Mathguy64
AG
Cavani with an early goal from Pogba. This tie should be over. Hopefully Ole uses all 5 subs wisely and quickly. Bruno, Cavani need to get all the rest they can for the weekend.
Mathguy64
AG
Arsenal is now winning their tie handily. This will be interesting as their only chance of any kind of European soccer is to win EL.
Aston94
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Arsenal is now winning their tie handily. This will be interesting as their only chance of any kind of European soccer is to win EL.
They are 4 points behind 7th place Tottenham with 7 matches to play, so they have a legit chance to make top 7 still and grap a European spot that way as well. But this is a good chance for them too.
Mathguy64
AG
Aston94 said:

Mathguy64 said:

They are 4 points behind 7th place Tottenham with 7 matches to play, so they have a legit chance to make top 7 still and grap a European spot that way as well. But this is a good chance for them too.

Yeah. St Totteringham's Day is not quite off the calendar yet.

What would really throw a monkey wrench into top4 qualification is if Chelsea finish outside it and they win CL and Arsenal win EL. Then the 4th place team gets dumped down to EL.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.