Manchester United 2020-21 Thread

38,339 Views | 912 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dre_00
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This game is the poster child for reinforcements needed. Both center backs have been horrible and Lindelof has been bad for quite a while now. Had to start a Championship quality right winger since Greenwood was punished with a non-start.
Furlock Bones
AG
That was an absolutely dreadful way to start the season.
lamivudine
Linedolf is terrible been saying that for awhile now smalling is much better where was he today?
Mathguy64
AG
This team as is won't finish top 6. Maybe not top 7. Everyone around them has improved their squad with significant upgrades. Those upgrades may not all pan out but they did try. We basically stayed with the same team. And it showed in the lack of depth and sketchy play across the back. A strong CDM would have helped as would anyone not named Daniel James.
jeffk
AG
I like y'all's new kits a lot better on these two:

Mathguy64
AG
Christen is like "yeah, why do I have to wear this disaster of a kit?" while Tobin is all "look at me in a great red ManU kit!"
jeffk
AG
Lol. I haven't seen the LFC men in the new teal, pool water looking kits yet, but they looked good on the women the other day, so maybe I just have a bias?
Mathguy64
AG
That zebra thing is a clever tactic designed to give opposing players epileptic seizures as we run past them. We will will by literally forcing the other team to run out of subs and drop below the minimum to play.
jeffk
AG
I worked for WWI battleships.
gougler08
AG
You guys still asleep?
Thunder18
AG
Us or the team getting outplayed by Brighton?
Thunder18
AG
Really getting bailed out by the woodwork. My lord
gougler08
AG
5 times
Thunder18
AG
Well leaving a guy unmarked at the back post 15 x ina row finally bit us in the ass
gougler08
AG
Will be a penalty, what a break
Mathguy64
AG
I'm out reffing and not watching the game. Why the hell was there 10 plus minutes of stoppage time?
Thunder18
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I'm out reffing and not watching the game. Why the hell was there 10 plus minutes of stoppage time?

There was 5' of initial stoppage time, Brighton equalized after 4', somewhere at 6'+ we got a corner that Maguire almost headed in but was cleared at the line. Ref calls game, but Maupay had deflected the header with his hand
Thunder18
AG
Ref video checked VAR, Bruno pen. Game
ScottishFire
AG
Had to watch a recording.

We are in trouble this season; not creating chances or defending at the center back line.
Thunder18
AG
Teams are going to keep playing that backside cross in since AWB is never in position or tracking his man at the back post
Dre_00
The most undeserved 3 points in United history? Probably not but I can't think of a recent game where we played worse/rode our luck and won.
jeffk
AG
What's the new verbiage of the handball rule this year? I looked and couldn't find it, but knew you'd probably have it memorized by now.
Mathguy64
AG
jeffk said:

What's the new verbiage of the handball rule this year? I looked and couldn't find it, but knew you'd probably have it memorized by now.

It involves arms within the natural silhouette of the body and it slightly lowered the point of contact so that anything on the side of the arm above the line extended from the lower armpit is not handling. Technically everything they are calling meets the standards. The issue is the whole concept of intent has been removed completely. Add VAR telling refs "yeah go look at it" every time and you get handball->PK ball. It was already happening in Spain and Italy. Now it's happening in the EPL. Offensive players are going to start sniping and hands like crazy.
Mathguy64
AG
Wednesday we play Brighton away. We just played Brighton away. The gummy bear cup is stupid.
jeffk
AG
Thanks. Pretty cut and dried, which I guess is good in how easy it is to interpret but bad because there's zero room for interpretation based on a game scenario.
Dre_00
Which ironically is EXACTLY what so many people wanted...black and white rules that left nothing to interpretation.

And now look at us.
Mathguy64
AG
Yep. And I will repeat, this has been going on La Liga and Serie A for almost 2 seasons. Its a black and white objective law and VAR. And its turned soccer into PK ball.
jeffk
AG
Looks like they are advising officials to back off from enforcing it as strictly.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4195555/premier-league-bows-to-pressure-over-handball-and-will-show-more-leniency-over-penalty-decisions
Mathguy64
AG
So they plan on just ignoring the LOTG and make **** up? That's a bold strategy considering the English FA is one the bodies who actually make up the LOTG.
jeffk
AG
We do what we want!
We do what we want!
We're the English FA,
We do what we want!
Dre_00
3-0 over Brighton? Maybe the 2nd team is in fact the 1st team.
Thunder18
AG
Anyone want to call their shot on the number of remaining transfers IN and who they will be?
Dre_00
Welp, we drew the toughest group in the CL. PSG and RB Leipzig.
Thunder18
AG
Ooof, Mbappe and Neymar running at Maguire/Lindelof/Bailly
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Thunder18 said:

Anyone want to call their shot on the number of remaining transfers IN and who they will be?
2. i think they get the Telles deal done finally. Sancho wont happen and am 70/30 on Dembele not happening.

****ing Woodward.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.