Manchester United 2020-21 Thread

38,343 Views | 912 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dre_00
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They might as well have renamed the Golazo Show "Arsenal versus Villarreal"
Thunder18
AG
We almost blew a 4 goal cushion, but we made it to a final (finally!)
Dre_00

This made me immensely happy. Can't wait till the 31st.
jeffk
AG
Y'all should consider losing tomorrow to spite Pep and City.
Thunder18
AG
jeffk said:

Y'all should consider losing tomorrow to spite Pep and City.

Nah
Mathguy64
AG
That was 45' of ugly. We spent most of the time trying to play out of the back and demonstrating that we are not very good at that.
Mathguy64
AG
And lo and behold 11' minutes of playing on the front foot yields 2 goals.
Thunder18
AG
2nd half FC back on the menu
Mathguy64
AG
Cavani the poacher does it again.
Thunder18
AG
Class goal by Cavani. Really hope Maguire is OK
Mathguy64
AG
31 points from trailing positions. That's just nuts.
Mathguy64
AG
AVL with Grealish is a top 5-6 club. Without him they are borderline relegation level.
Mathguy64
AG
And with WHU losing that guarantees top 4. So concentrate on winning EL to get in Pot 1. That's a big deal.
jeffk
AG
Exactly. The game Thursday isn't worth your effort or attention.
Dre_00
I guess neither is the game Tuesday now that you mention it.
jeffk
AG
Go to bed!
Dre_00
It's only 8:30 and you're not my mother!
Dre_00
Some interesting context of just how insane the number of times United have come from behind this season is.

Quote:

If for some reason you decided to only count the points Manchester United have won after falling behind in games, they wouldn't get relegated. They have won more games from behind (10) than a quarter of the division's teams have managed via any means. United have won more games from behind than games in which Manchester City have been behind. Manchester United have ended up winning two-thirds of the games in which they've fallen behind this season; for context, the next best record in this particular niche statistic is Leicester, whose four wins from 14 deficits still comes in at under 30 per cent. United have been behind at some stage in half their Premier League wins this season.

https://www.football365.com/news/manchester-united-win-from-behind-again-aston-villa
Furlock Bones
AG
Not how I would like us to play. But it is absolutely insane.
Furlock Bones
AG
What I really don't like is that we will come in 2nd this season, but I don't think we will really be in the title fight next season. I think it will be Chelski taking to Man Dhabi.
Mathguy64
AG
There were reports yesterday that there will be another "demonstration" Thursday. Lovely.
Furlock Bones
AG
Mathguy64 said:

There were reports yesterday that there will another "demonstration" Thursday. Lovely.

Guess they are determined to not let the biggest match in English football go on this season.
jeffk
AG
If the match gets postponed again, does the league assess some sort of penalty or do they try to re-reschedule?
Mathguy64
AG
You would think if it's known about they would actually have some plan in place to deal with it. Then again last time they knew about it in advance too.
Dre_00
Given that there isn't really another opportunity to play this game if Thursday doesn't happen, I would be very surprised if there aren't a number of measures taken to ensure it does. Because if it doesn't happen Thursday, I don't see a realistic way to get the game in before the final day of the season...which would mean either playing the game after the 23rd or moving all games beyond the 23rd. And neither of those options are likely to be embraced by the EPL.

But if, the measures aren't successful or sufficient, I could see a point deduction occurring. Would be a bit surprising only because that kind of information is usually made public (either purposefully or otherwise). If not a points deduction, I could see a forfeit that just gives Liverpool the 3 points.

Mathguy64
AG
Cavani signed a 1 year extension today so he stays through 2022.
Aston94
AG
I would see a forfeit more likely than a point deduction.

No way they let the mob rule again on Thursday.
Mathguy64
AG
There are teams trying to qualify for CL/EL who would throw a fit at a free 3 points for Liverpool. I can't see that happening either.
jeffk
AG
Get some supporters of Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs, Leceister over there Thursday to keep the peace. Problem solved.
Dre_00
Sounds like there's a real likelihood of the Mata, VdB, Shoretire, Diallo, etc. starting tonight due to the fixture congestion so that the 1st team can be fresh for Liverpool.

Also known as jeffk's nightmare scenario.
Dre_00
Can we inject his brain into Anthony Martial?
jeffk
AG
Dre_00 said:

Sounds like there's a real likelihood of the Mata, VdB, Shoretire, Diallo, etc. starting tonight due to the fixture congestion so that the 1st team can be fresh for Liverpool.

I am nonplussed.
planoaggie123
AG
Dre_00 said:

Looking forward to that lineup!

Enjoy watching Mata play. VdB just haven't seen much of him this year so will be glad to be able to see him play.
Mathguy64
AG
The lineup is in. It's Jeff's worst nightmare.

Furlock Bones
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Dre_00 said:

Looking forward to that lineup!

Enjoy watching Mata play. VdB just haven't seen much of him this year so will be glad to be able to see him play.

Mata's prime was lost in the Van Gaal era. He was such a good player.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.