Manchester United 2020-21 Thread

38,331 Views | 912 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dre_00
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Highest of highs and lowest of lows.
agree....
boogieman
AG
Come on! 92 minute?
Mathguy64
AG
35 minutes of brutal soccer. Another game against a compact low block.
Mathguy64
AG
2 extra minutes for what? Frankly they shouldn't have added anything.
Thunder18
AG
Guessing from Maguire's injury stoppage. Absolutely brutal game to watch. Rashford muffed a point blank header and Greenwood had a nice shot fingertipped to the post. Our passing has been terrible
Mathguy64
AG
It's pathetic when your LB is your most active offensive player.
Mathguy64
AG
Games like this makes you question OGS and squad selection. He doesn't need to play 2 #6s. WHU isn't making any effort to press at all. Play one of the McFred twins and have an extra attacker like VanDeBeek
gougler08
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Games like this makes you question OGS and squad selection. He doesn't need to play 2 #6s. WHU isn't making any effort to press at all. Play one of the McFred twins and have an extra attacker like VanDeBeek

Does Van de Beek actually exist? He may just be a figment of everyone's imagination
Bmac04
AG
Should be at least 3-0 right now
Dre_00
He's still hurt, yes? Or maybe the correct way to say it is he's "hurt". Either way, that's the story...and I don't think he's so far in the doghouse as to avoid the bench in place of a 3rd keeper.

Fortunate to win in that it was an OG but United created far more than I expected them too and deserved their win. A couple of fantastic saves from Fabianski, a post, and a whiffed header were more than enough to counter any West Ham threat.

That takes us 9 points ahead of 5th but West Ham do have a game in hand (and Everton in 6th are 10 points behind but also have a game in hand). This team can lose to anyone but I'm feeling moderately decent about finishing top 4.
Mathguy64
AG
I didn't ever realize he was hurt. And that about sums up his time in the squad this year.
Dre_00
Apparently there's a good chance that he along with everyone else that's been out injured will be available for selection this Thursday.
Bmac04
AG
Pogba!
Thunder18
AG
Bmac04 said:

Pogba!

Instant impact!
Dre_00
Here's hoping Pogba and co can stay fit for the rest of the season. We need him badly in midfield and at the very least, he can give a few others a break now and again.
Dre_00
Granada in the QFs. They are technically the lowest ranked team remaining in the EL but they are 8th in La Liga so they will not be a pushover.
Dre_00
If we get past Granada, we play the winner of Ajax/Roma.

This means, if we get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of ourselves (like light years ahead), we could play Arsenal in the final.
Aston94
AG
Dre_00 said:

Here's hoping Pogba and co can stay fit for the rest of the season. We need him badly in midfield and at the very least, he can give a few others a break now and again.
Man, he is such a difference maker when he is healthy and interested. His hold up play was what was needed in that second half. Compare the second half of that game with the second half of the AC Milan game last week and it is night and day different.

Hope he can stay on the pitch for the remainder of the season. With him Man United could bring home a couple of cups and secure second in the PL.
Dre_00
I only caught highlights of the game but his combination of skill and strength is absurd. 2-3 times he carried the ball through the middle third while the defense absolutely hacked at him left and right. At one point, it seemed like they jumped on his back looking for a piggy back and he just shrugs them off while keeping the ball glued to his feet. Unreal.
Mathguy64
AG
I don't think it's any stretch to say the offense started to stagnate when Pogba went down. He's a true box to
Box midfielder. If he, his brother and his agent would all just shut up and let him play and yes if his manager would free him to let him be a true B2B mid he would be worth any contract you put in front of him.
Thunder18
AG
Losing to Leicester early thanks to Fred making one of the absolute worst back passes you will ever see
Dre_00
We got it back (my compatriot Donny with a nice dummy for Greenwood) but unfortunately...Fred gonna Fred.

Dre_00
Matic and Fred decide to, I don't know, have a cup of tea in midfield as they watch Tielemans go right by and score a well finished goal.
Thunder18
AG
Fred is terrible, it's incredible that we paid 50M for him
Dre_00
I don't really get the team selection. Yes, you have to give players a rest and get others up in fitness but why do that in a cup game when you the league is out of reach, you have a decent hold on top 4, and your next game is in 2 weeks?
Aston94
AG
Yeah, given the club has off the next week for international duty I didn't understand some of the decisions, unless a few of the guys had little injuries Ole didn't want to risk.

PatAg
AG

hmmm
jeffk
AG
Pretty sure that was my u-12 jersey back in the 90s.
Mathguy64
AG
I saw this a couple of weeks ago.

Dre_00
If you stare at this and look through the jersey, you can see a 3D image of Ole's smiling face.
Dre_00
Next time we beat City, we're all going to have to declare "Manchester is ZIG ZAGGIE BLUE TIRE MARKS!"
Dre_00
Supposedly United have offered a contract to Aguero. Color me skeptical. This isn't a Tevez situation and I'd be floored if the same man who will have a statue of himself at the Etihad will also go sign on a free for City's biggest rival.
Mathguy64
AG
That would be beyond stupid if they did.
Mathguy64
AG
De Gea available and on the bench.
Mathguy64
AG
There's the craptastic United defense we have come to know and love.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.