Manchester United 2020-21 Thread

38,332 Views | 912 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dre_00
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You know...I deserve to keep that up in shame.

How did I have no clue that he died in 2014? I do not remember this like...AT ALL.
Thunder18
AG
Withdrawing from the ESL...which will go down as one of the biggest blow ups in sports history
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
O rly??

joemeister
AG
One of the clips from Sky today said that an unnamed big-6 executive was no longer welcome in any EPL meetings after he told other chairman that the super league was happening because nobody in the league listened to them (I assume that is related to the blow up over project "Big Picture"). Shortly after that report, Ed Woodward resigned. Have to assume he is the executive the other clubs said should be banned.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Wow.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
The more that comes out, the more it seems like Woodward was the ring leader behind the scenes for this whole ****ing clown show. Just further proves he may know the business, and making money for the club, but doesn't know dick about the football side of things. Good riddance. GTFO
Dre_00
Joel Glazer with the form type "I'm sorry" letter to the fans. Ticks all of the boxes for needed clichs when you have to feign remorse.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/joel-glazer-writes-open-letter-to-man-utd-supporters-april-2021

Unsurprisingly, there's no indication of selling the club. Not a decision they'll make rashly. And there's definitely a number of scenarios where they don't. But I don't think there's ever been a time in the Glazer ownership where there was ever a legitimate chance they could sell the club...until now. Whatever their forecasted revenue increase was from the Super League is gone and is likely gone for the foreseeable future. They may have been banking on that revenue stream to make their investment worth their time. They may feel as though the current revenue streams are tapped out and there's no real room for growth anymore. If so, I could see them cashing out and moving on.
Mathguy64
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

The more that comes out, the more it seems like Woodward was the ring leader behind the scenes for this whole ****ing clown show. Just further proves he may know the business, and making money for the club, but doesn't know dick about the football side of things. Good riddance. GTFO

He may have been the EPL vocal leader but to me RM, Barca and Juve were the 3 clubs most pushing this. And RM and Barca were 1A and 1B.
Mathguy64
AG
Let see how the players come out after this week. James starts over Pogba and after a lot of mis mashed defensive mids the first half of the season Ole seems to have settled in with McFred.
Mathguy64
AG
Meh. We didn't fall behind so I guess that's good.

I get James brings pace and against a team that wants to run like Leeds thats a good thing for counters but does he do anything besides run fast?
Mathguy64
AG
Pawson is reffing to keep it at 11v11. Several Leeds players on cards have committed some sketchy fouls in the last couple of minutes.
Furlock Bones
AG
Why is Henderson wearing a baseball cap in goal?
jeffk
AG
To keep the sun out of his eyes?

Or maybe to show his support for American club ownership groups?
Mathguy64
AG
12 point spread back to 5th with 5 to play.
Bmac04
AG
What a 2nd half so far 4-2
Bmac04
AG
6-2
Mathguy64
AG
This match and tie totally flipped in the 2H.
Dre_00
You could tell even after the 1st half that if United played even slightly above average they would come back and win. Roma were pretty horrible and only scored due to some cataclysmic errors from United. Defensively, United improved enough (Dzeko was abusing our CBs well into the 2nd half) but offensively they were just ridiculous. Bruno and Pogba each had at least a half dozen "how did he do that" passes. Phenomenal. Could've been 8 or 9.
Mathguy64
AG
jeffk
AG
Just wanted to pop in and say that I've run the numbers and you don't need to win on Sunday.
deadbq03
AG
Since Jeff is cluttering your thread with non-fan comments I'll jump in real quick and say that your game yesterday gave me flashbacks to the group stage game with Leipzig where y'all totally dismantled us in the 2nd half.

While on one hand, I'm sure it's frustrating to be inconsistent, I think it's admirable how your guys can completely change the narrative mid-game. I'd like to think that speaks to good leadership. I'll leave y'all to debate whether that's coaches or players (or both).
Mathguy64
AG
Knowing how things go, we will go from putting 6 home to not getting a shot on goal. Feast or famine.
Aston94
AG
What a second half!!!
jeffk
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Knowing how things go, we will go from putting 6 home to not getting a shot on goal. Feast or famine.

And knowing us, we'll amass an astounding 4.75 xG on 16 shots and score zero goals.
ChipFTAC01
AG
jeffk said:

Mathguy64 said:

And knowing us, we'll amass an astounding 4.75 xG on 16 shots and score zero goals.
Aston94
AG
jeffk said:

Just wanted to pop in and say that I've run the numbers and you don't need to win on Sunday.
Go away Scouser!!!!!

jeffk
AG
No, it's your weekend to babysit me.
Dre_00
If it's good leadership, you'd think that they'd be less inconsistent. I thought about that RB Leipzig game too while watching last night. They followed that up with a loss to Arsenal and Basaksehir.
wangus12
AG
Lol they broke into Old Trafford
Mathguy64
AG
It was a peaceful a riot and takeover as I have seen. They just came in walked across the pitch and walked out. I'm not saying it was right but they could have done a lot of damage.
Mathguy64
AG
Now they are blockading the team hotel and busses. So it's moved to being full on idiots. The team (manager/coaches/players) had absolutely nothing to do with this whole SL thing. You want to be mad at Woodward and the Glazers? Fine. Protest. I'm not saying what they did OT was right but at least it was directed at the right place. Going at the players is beyond vile.
jeffk
AG
Which one of you is this?

Mathguy64
AG
Home Jersey and away pants. Nice. And the shoes are a great accompaniment.
Mathguy64
AG
Now they are reporting this had been planned for days and everyone knew about it. So they (police/security) let it happen. They seem woefully underprepared for this. Shameful.
Furlock Bones
AG
Yea get these Americans out! We need to bring respectability back to the club! Give me Saudi. Give me Dubai. Anything but American Pie.

Seriously **** these people destroying the stadium.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.