Manchester United 2020-21 Thread

38,337 Views | 912 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dre_00
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH
Aston94
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Aston94 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Arsenal is now winning their tie handily. This will be interesting as their only chance of any kind of European soccer is to win EL.
They are 4 points behind 7th place Tottenham with 7 matches to play, so they have a legit chance to make top 7 still and grap a European spot that way as well. But this is a good chance for them too.

Yeah. St Totteringham's Day is not quite off the calendar yet.

What would really throw a monkey wrench into top4 qualification is if Chelsea finish outside it and they win CL and Arsenal win EL. Then the 4th place team gets dumped down to EL.
If that 4th place team is Liverpool then I am all for it!!!!!
Mathguy64
Aston94
AG
Aston94 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Aston94 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Arsenal is now winning their tie handily. This will be interesting as their only chance of any kind of European soccer is to win EL.
They are 4 points behind 7th place Tottenham with 7 matches to play, so they have a legit chance to make top 7 still and grap a European spot that way as well. But this is a good chance for them too.

Yeah. St Totteringham's Day is not quite off the calendar yet.

What would really throw a monkey wrench into top4 qualification is if Chelsea finish outside it and they win CL and Arsenal win EL. Then the 4th place team gets dumped down to EL.
If that 4th place team is Liverpool then I am all for it!!!!!
But this scenario would really suck if 4th place went to West Ham, the little hammers would be so excited about finally qualifying for CL and the chance to take on the big boys, only to have Chelsea rip their hearts out.
Mathguy64
AG
A hair away from giving up a goal at 0:10.
boogieman
AG
Burnley coming right for us.
Mathguy64
AG
3 plus minutes in and almost 3 goals scored.
Thunder18
AG
Beating Burnley
boogieman
AG
The build up to Cavani's goal was a thing of beauty.
Dre_00
Gap down to 8 points. De Bruyne likely out for an extended period of time. City has a packed schedule. EPL games still to come against Chelsea and Everton.

boogieman
AG
Dumb question. Henderson was wearing a hat during the game. Why, and also, can you do that? Only keepers or could other players?
jeffk
AG
Keeper can wear soft caps. Everyone else has to wear a top hat or bowler.
Dre_00
boogieman said:

Dumb question. Henderson was wearing a hat during the game. Why, and also, can you do that? Only keepers or could other players?

Because the sun was in his face
boogieman
AG
Top hat with shorts? Are you mad?
jeffk
AG
It's a gentleman's game, sir.
Dre_00
So...ESL? That will be the end of me watching Man United games.
Dre_00
Honestly, even if this doesn't happen, I may be out. Did not plan on reconsidering my desire to watch football and support United this morning but here we are.

Regardless, **** the Glazers.
Aston94
AG
I don't believe the Glazers and other owners really saw the kick back their Super League would receive. I just don't see UEFA, FIFA et al allowing it to happen. The sanctions imposed (kicked out of all leagues, cups, etc.) would make the gains not worth it.
Dre_00
If Malcom and Sons forcefully drive this through (they along with Real Madrid are the drivers of this and are desperate to make it happen), then I hope that they are booted out of the football league entirely. I would 100% support that. You want a closed system? Well here you go buddy...you're closed to English league football. Good luck appealing to your "future fans" when you're playing Barcelona every other mid-week but you're playing the likes of Chorley and Basingstoke every weekend.

For the record, I don't think anyone in English football has the guts to do that. They'll be worried that they'll lose out on hundreds of millions in TV deals if they don't have United, Liverpool, et. al in their league. And they probably would but I think the clubs would lose a lot more.
Aston94
AG
I don't know about the EPL not having the guts to kick them out. I think this would be such a damaging afront to the long-term future of these leagues and to the structure in place that they might all see it as their last stand, and that if they allow the super league it will eventually take over.

Clubs like United, Real Madrid, etc, if they get into this league might decide that there is more money there, and they don't need Saturday games v. Burnley. It could be a very dangerous path for these leagues to allow.
Dre_00
I agree there's a very compelling reason to kick them out. But I really don't have any faith in the decision makers at all...especially when it comes to anything other than a short term view.
Dre_00
Any chance the blowback from the ESL is so off putting that enough clubs pull out and force United to pull out as well leading the Glazers to sell the club because their master dream has failed? Do I gotta reuse this pic?

Dre_00
Well the first part seems to be happening...
Dre_00
wangus12
AG
He says he was leaving in the summer anyways lol
Dre_00
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

ja86
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Oh please sweet baby Jesus....first Woodward and now the Glazers??

My ***** can only get so erect...
Mathguy64
AG
Wow. Didn't see that coming.
Dre_00
Let Lloyd Christmas be a lesson to us all. Sometimes 1 in a million is all you need.
boogieman
AG
Wow wow wow
Thunder18
AG
I am fully torqued
Dre_00
This is one hell of a news day

planoaggie123
AG
Dre_00 said:

This is one hell of a news day

wait....May 2014...
Aston94
AG
It's funny, I read this and was thinking he died quite a while ago.

Now his sons, who run the club, are alive and well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.