Manchester United 2020-21 Thread

38,319 Views | 912 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dre_00
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, Bailly played that perfectly
planoaggie123
AG
nm....
Mathguy64
AG
Card for time wasting at 72'. This whole match needed a card for time wasting.
ScottishFire
AG
De Gea with some massive saves today.
planoaggie123
AG
Surely they will punch one in here in the next 20 minutes....
Mathguy64
AG
That was a blatant cheap shot by Traore.
planoaggie123
AG
seems like they could try something different in the last 3rd but maybe tossing over top is the only chance...?
Dre_00
I never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever want to watch United play Wolves again.
Mathguy64
AG
That came from nowhere.
ScottishFire
AG
Rashi!!!

Get in, son!
planoaggie123
AG
GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
ScottishFire
AG
Mathguy64 said:

That came from nowhere.

That turn and long ball by Bruno was outstanding
Mathguy64
AG
Humongous deflection.
planoaggie123
AG
likely not going in w/o that deflection...
ScottishFire
AG
2nd in the table; two points behind pool.
Been a while, and I'll take it.
Thunder18
AG
What an atrociously boring game to watch. Glad we stole the points at the end, but man that was brutal
Onceaggie2.0
Thunder18 said:

What an atrociously boring game to watch. Glad we stole the points at the end, but man that was brutal
wolves always seem to play like that
Aston94
AG
FPS_Dough said:

Thunder18 said:

wolves always seem to play like that
Wolves + 3rd game in a week leads to boring games. Take the three points and move on.

Mathguy64
AG
Liverpool tied NU. We are 3 points back with a game in hand. What a stupid season. We are not a top of the table team.
Aston94
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Liverpool tied NU. We are 3 points back with a game in hand. What a stupid season. We are not a top of the table team.
Well Liverpool tied Newcastle, so I think you may need to accept the fact that United are as capable of winning the EPL as any team this season.
Mathguy64
AG
This season I would agree. We are not a top team IMHO but this season is so bizarre. Hell AVL is right there. And that's who we play in 2 days.
Dre_00
Cavani banned 3 games starting tomorrow against Villa. He'll also miss the 1st leg of the LC semis against City and the FA Cup game against Watford.
Thunder18
AG
Ridiculous.
Aston94
AG
Mathguy64 said:

This season I would agree. We are not a top team IMHO but this season is so bizarre. Hell AVL is right there. And that's who we play in 2 days.
I am curious, watching games this season who do you think is a top team, if not for MUFC?

I have seen major warts with every club, even Liverpool. I don't know that I could name 3 better clubs than MUFC in the EPL this year.

Just curious who you think should be up there?

Mathguy64
AG
This team had a major flaw that gets exposed when teams sit back in a low block. It doesn't move and pass fast enough to exploit gaps and cannot create goals regularly enough against that style of team. It also has a shaky set of CBs that are prone to bad play. Lastly it treats corners and set pieces in general like hand grenades. Clearly those aren't fatal as they sit in 2nd and everyone seems super flawed. I'm also probably being hyper critical. But this team just doesn't look like a team that should be able to win the EPL.

Liverpool should be the best team by far but they have also been wracked with injuries. Spurs I think have a very good team but are handicapped. They score too fast. That means Jose does what Jose does best and that's force a team to sit back and defend 1 goal leads for 80 minutes and they aren't equipped for that. If he would let them play they would be so much better. I also think City should be better than their record shows.
Dre_00
I don't have a problem with it. If Suarez can get 8 games for saying the same word then Cavani getting 3 isn't outlandish even considering the difference in circumstances.

It's the same punishment as a reckless, dangerous tackle.
Mathguy64
AG

O/U on the number of times Grealish initiates contact, goes down and gets the call or just plain goes down untouched and gets the call: 8.5
Mathguy64
AG
5th-10th in the table all at 26 points. Anywhere from 14 to 17 games played though.
Mathguy64
AG
The off the ball movement is much better today. Of course it helps that AVL aren't sitting back in a double low block of 8
Mathguy64
AG
Bailly and Pogba have both played their best 30 minutes in ages.
Mathguy64
AG
What a run and cross by AWB!
Dre_00
The build up from Pogba and Rashford was nice as well.
Mathguy64
AG
Pogba has been a true box to box MF today and done good work defensively on corners and free kicks.
Mathguy64
AG
That was awful refereeing by Oliver. He's standing right at the point of the free kick and AVL took it fast and hit a defender. He didn't blow it dead for infringing but for some reason the AVL player put his hand on it to reset it and retake it. It's either a whistle for the restart or handling.
Mathguy64
AG
Cheap shot by Grealish behind the play. Bailly needs to let it go and play smart.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.