Manchester United 2018-19 Thread

77,123 Views | 1304 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by planoaggie123
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mathguy64
AG
jeffk said:

2 days
I've been busy helping Fellaini sharpen his studs.
Mathguy64
AG
DDG; Dalot, Smalling, Lindelof, Darmian; Ander Herrera, Matic, Rashford; Lingard, Young, Lukaku

Bench: Romero, Bailly, Valencia, Fellaini, Pogba, Mata, Martial

This is the official lineup. AKA a joke.
Mathguy64
AG
Smalling pulled for Bailly before the kick. The lineup got better before the coin was flipped.
ryan_m
Well it was bound to happen..
Mathguy64
AG
That's awful defending by young. I mean that's U10 level defending.
Mathguy64
AG
We can't even clear balls out of our own 6.
ryan_m
When you've been defending for 26/27 minutes, you can't be mad at the man for making a mistake
Mathguy64
AG
LiverpOops
ryan_m
Liverpool starting to be known as howler U
Mathguy64
AG
Don't agree with the YC on Lukaku. Both players fouled each other equally. And no card for Firmino stopping a promising attack.
ryan_m
We're lucky to be tied I think. Hopefully we come out with a signature Mourinho 2nd half
Mathguy64
AG
Bailly landed really horribly.
Mathguy64
AG
That bus has been parked.
Mathguy64
AG
Going to have the find the keys to the bus now.
ryan_m
We've gotta go for it. Bring on Pogba!
Mathguy64
AG
Two shots. Two big big deflections. Two goals.
Mathguy64
AG
Please end this. Either toss Woodward and Mou both or unload Pogba. They cannot continue doing this the rest of the season.
jeffk
ryan_m
Do the problems end with mou? We've gone through 3 managers with the same results. The board needs to take a good long look at upper management and find a real solution
OregonAggie
AG
mathguy86 said:

Please end this. Either toss Woodward and Mou both or unload Pogba. They cannot continue doing this the rest of the season.

I think y'all should keep all 3 because this is awesome to watch for the rest of the EPL.
Dre_00
Well, we still suck. Refer to previous posts about said sucking until at such time as we have a reason to believe we might not suck.
jeffk
AG
Sorry, but y'all have to enjoy this with me.

Thunder18
AG
We drew PSG in the CL round of 16
Dre_00
You know, an underrated part of that video that I only recently noticed is Rashford watching the entire flight of the ball as it hits the medic and then turning away as if it was all expected.

I'm convinced that Fellaini has done that at least a dozen times in practice and that's why Marcus was like "meh".
Dre_00
Mourinho's gone!

Didn't think the owners and Woodward had the balls to do it but...they've done it.
Dre_00
Caretaker for the rest of the season to be announced within 48 hours. Some say it will be Carrick but most saying it will be external.
planoaggie123
AG
Wow. Shocked honestly. Couple things come to mind initially:

1) Disappointed it did not work out. Even with his history of short term stints I had hoped he could have been a solid, long term manager. I thought there was a respect he had for SAF that he would lean on for guidance but clearly didn't.

2) changing coaches is just first step. I assume the plan is to let the next manager make personnel decisions but I really don't trust the leadership group.

3) should see some exciting soccer as these guys will all now be playing for their future at Man U.

4) can't wait to find out the next permanent manager. Not sure I am sold on Poch.
Mathguy64
AG
Less than 2.5 years. Didn't even make his average.

Wonder what this does to Pigba's attitude and outlook?
jeffk
AG
His deleted Instagram post makes me think he's not too broken up about it.

Edit - supposed to be a thumbs up.
boogieman
AG

Quote:

Wow. Shocked honestly.
Same
Bmac04
ryan_m
What a surprise to wake up to! I'm a bit surprised it took this long, but everyone saw it coming. I think it was the toxicity that ultimately pushhed the decision along.

It will be interesting to see who decides to start playing better (Pogba?) And if we adopt a new game plan
bagger05
AG
Who's up next?
Dre_00
Rumor mill is of course bustling here in the UK. The latest is Solskjaer taking the reigns temporarily. Laurent Blanc has also been mentioned.

Of course Pochettino is the obvious target at the end of the year with most wondering why he would want to leave Spurs for United due to the dysfunction at the club. A fair point but...there have been rumors that the club is planning to hire a proper director of football at the end of the season which will blunt the ineptitude of Woodward if it's a good hire. And honestly, practically any hire of some experience will probably be enough to convince a good coaching candidate that they can succeed at United...whether that good candidate is Pochettino or not.

EDIT: Apparently Ole just signed a contract extension with Molde so it would be pretty odd to leave that club for a caretaker role he likely had no chance at making permanent. If he does, Mike Phelan, SAF's old #2, would come back as Ole's #2.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.