Manchester United 2018-19 Thread

76,572 Views | 1304 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by planoaggie123
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh look. Ashley Young in for Jones. Sadly, it can't actually make things any worse.
planoaggie123
AG
mathguy86 said:

Richarlison goes down whining and crying the minute someone looks at him. Man I hate Brazilians and that crap.
...and again....
planoaggie123
AG
There was a report I think stating Ole wants 5 signings. Feel like he needs 8+ new players.
Griffle
This team needs a player like Girezman who is super creative and would get the best out of Pogba. I'm not saying Griezman is the guy, but think that mold.

I also realize they aren't just available off the shelf, but we don't have that.
Mathguy64
AG
There are literally 3 Everton defenders around every ManU player who has a ball. If we were smart enough to count we would know that means someone is open.
Thunder18
AG
Getting completely obliterated by Everton.
Mathguy64
AG
4-0. City is going to go in dry in mid week.
Griffle
I swear Lukaku gets paid 200k a week for his thumbs up. He's had a big bag of nothing today.
Thunder18
AG
Just play the academy kids from here on out, can't be much worse than what we put out there today
Griffle
Everton fans giving us Ole's as we pass the ball around with zero creativity.
Mathguy64
AG
4" of stoppage. Why? The game doesn't need it. The players don't want it. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Dre_00
Watch us beat City, give Liverpool the title, and still not finish 4th.
jeffk
AG
Dre_00 said:

Watch us beat City, give Liverpool the title, and still not finish 4th.
Dre_00
I have watched 0 of the game but I don't think you can lose 4-0 with your star players playing even remotely well. If they don't want to be here, then sell them. Players can't be forced to play well in a place they don't want to be...no matter how much money you throw at them. Even Cristiano wasn't himself in 2009 when SAF asked him to stay one more year so he could find a replacement for him...and he loved SAF.

If Real offer 125 million for Pogba, sell him. If they offer 50 for De Gea, sell him. It does no one any good to force these players to stay here.
ja86
AG
glad i over-slept for this one and have already erased it from the dvr..
planoaggie123
AG
100% agree. I would prob say there are 5 to 6 players that I would want to keep and only Rashford has "significant" name recognition. I am ok losing Lukaku. Martial. Pogba. De Gea. Fred. Entire defense. The list goes on. Work up some academy players, bring in new blood. I don't love Ole at the moment but he has some barely above average stars with terrible mindsets.
ryan_m
Ole was quoted saying "I'm going to be successful here, and there are players there that won't be part of that successful team." Which I think is pretty damning for a lot of players, but I find this whole situation a little weird.

Why are players all of a sudden not motivated? What were we doing during our great run when Ole was caretaker? Why are they not motivated now? Is on the players? On Ole?

If it's on the players (as most seem to suggest), then I hope we can really change this around and clean house. I'll give Mou some credit for enduring this situation. If it's on the manager, well then here we go again..
planoaggie123
AG
Obviously could be 100% wrong but my guess is ultimately several of the players have terrible work ethic and weak personality (get feeling hurt etc). When Ole started here they took their play up because he came in with a smile and the players bought off and thought they had lost the bully and found a friend. Fast forward a while and now Ole is acting like a manager and not just a cheerleader and these guys don't like it and now have re-lost that drive. I think Mourinho had to go and I am maybe overly optimistic but I think Ole will be fine in the long run. He knows what he needs to do to turn it around.
Pelayo
AG
What a great match, lol. Bring on the next epl to the slaughter
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dre_00
Supposedly Phelan is being offered the TD position with Carrick being promoted to assistant manager but Phelan wants to have influence on match day selections.
planoaggie123
AG
The comments/articles surrounding both Matic and Pogba today on ESPN are frustrating....take a beatdown like that and then say "we didn't give our best"....no ____.

Thunder18
AG
A buddy of mine (Spuds fan) and I have a running joke over the past month now that apparently none of the clubs currently in the running for the final 2 spots in top 4 actually want them. What a crazy last few games this will be
Dre_00
I read some extended quotes from Pogba and, for the first time in a while, they were words that made it sound like he really gave a *****
Dre_00
planoaggie123
AG
Hope so.

I hate that they played so terribly and with seemingly no passion / desire. That is harder to forgive than leaving it all out on the field and maybe making a silly error that costs the game.

I don't expect them to beat Man City but I think how they play will show how sincere the apologies are....
Dre_00
Well today's the day. On the plus side, you're guaranteed to be happy. On the minus side you're guaranteed to be sad.
ryan_m
You forgot ties.
OregonAggie
AG
Dre_00 said:

Well today's the day. On the plus side, you're guaranteed to be happy. On the minus side you're guaranteed to be sad.

I for one am hoping y'all are really happy at the end of the day after pulling off a great upset.
ryan_m
If we manage to pull off a win today, I sincerely hope we can at least win our the rest of the games. Last thing I want is to beat city, then miss out of top 6 because our players are incompetent
Dre_00
Matteo Darmian starting is a thing.
Thunder18
AG
Unfortunately not at the expense of Young
Dre_00
ryan_m said:

You forgot ties.

That would definitely be the situation with the most pain/least gain...which means it'll probably happen.
ScottishFire
AG
Refs are missing a lot on our end.
ryan_m
Pogba looks like a man on fire right now
boogieman
AG
Well, number 8 for city must be dead after that one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.