Manchester United 2018-19 Thread

76,833 Views | 1304 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by planoaggie123
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mourinho is garbage, he has to be fired
Dre_00
As in...gone before Valencia? I doubt it.
ScottishFire
AG
Jose won't be gone next week. The Glazers kepts Van Gaal until the end of the season and Moyes until it was mathematically impossible for us to make the top 4. Sadly, they'll see it through until at least Boxing Day
ja86
AG
Glad I decided not watch this mess. What a hot mess the whole team has become. I still think he survives till the winter break but it's going to get ugly before it gets better.
Mathguy64
AG
So here's the rub with Mou. United is the most valuable brand in soccer. Period. As long as the money is coming in (and make no mistake it's a business and the Glazers and Woodward care first and foremost about the money) then nothing will happen. The ugly play and losses and public (very public) spat with Pogba are I think starting to affect the brand. Every radio show is talking about the club every day and not in a good way. Same with TV coverage. None of us can see the bottom line but I have to think it's not a positive effect.
ja86
AG
also why was McTominay at CB? Mou trying to stick it to the Board still?
Kramer
AG
Here's the difference between Jose and VG and Moyes. Those guys were happy to be there and while it wasn't working, they also weren't damaging players' attitudes.

Jose is toxic at this point in his career. He means to make players miserable. He makes coming to work at ManU something no player wants.

The Glazers could allow benign tumors like VG and Moyes to hang around. You can't allow a malignant presence like Jose stay. It's why Conte was allowed to finish the season at Chelsea, but Jose was let go mid-season.
"The only happy Aggie is an unhappy Aggie." Shelby Metcalf
Dre_00
Who hurt you?

jeffk
AG
Y'all ready for tomorrow?
Joe Cole
I am enjoying Man U's season
ja86
AG
sorry huge picture batman...

starting lineup: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Bailly, Shaw, Fellaini, Matic, Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku, Alexis
Bench: Romero, Darmian, Lindelof, Fred, Mata, Mctominay, Martial

well at least there will be lots of chickens with their heads cut off (errrr.... mean Alexis and Rashford) running around
planoaggie123
AG
Glad to see Alexis earned his spot back...
ja86
AG
****ing **** TNT sucks balls....
Thunder18
AG
Alexis needs to stop trying to take 2-3 touches and just shoot the damn ball in the box
ja86
AG
well that was a real corker...
Dre_00
Hey so we play tomorrow...or something. Yay?
Dre_00
What a weird time. We could win 10-0 on Saturday and literally, there would be no confidence in this team come Sunday.
Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

What a weird time. We could win 10-0 on Saturday and literally, there would be no confidence in this team come Sunday.

And as if to prove my point, strong rumor that Mourinho will be fired this weekend no matter the result against Newcastle. We shall see.
Mathguy64
AG
Interesting. The Mirror says he's gone win or lose. Scholes wants him gone. Giggs says he should stay. Players are coming out with his back. Valencia liked a tweet that wanted him gone then came out and said it was an accident.

Hot. Mess.
Dre_00
Gaz ripped the club hierarchy when the report came out. He's not wrong. The leadership at the club is a joke. Woodward is a joke.

But to act like Jose is the victim here is amazing. Pretty sure neither Woodward, or the Glazers, or the board told Jose to alienate every player and throw each one under the bus.

But I'm not sold it gets significantly better with another manager as long as Woodward is running things.
ja86
AG
Woodward has been the dead weight through 3 managers now. He is making money while the product on the field is burning down.
ryan_m
Same reporter who leaked this story also leaked Van Gaal's ousting before the fa cup
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/axe-set-fall-louis-van-8016430
Thunder18
AG
Dre_00 said:

Gaz ripped the club hierarchy when the report came out. He's not wrong. The leadership at the club is a joke. Woodward is a joke.

But to act like Jose is the victim here is amazing. Pretty sure neither Woodward, or the Glazers, or the board told Jose to alienate every player and throw each one under the bus.

But I'm not sold it gets significantly better with another manager as long as Woodward is running things.

gougler08
AG
As a neutral, do you really think the talent you have is not good enough to beat everyone in the EPL except City? You are just as talented, if not more so, than everyone else so to me, that's a managerial problem and not a personnel problem
Mathguy64
AG
Is it as talented as Liverpool? No. But the managerial style and system is so different any slight talent difference is exagerated. Is it as bad as it has looked this year? No.
gougler08
AG
mathguy86 said:

Is it as talented as Liverpool? No. But the managerial style and system is so different any slight talent difference is exagerated. Is it as bad as it has looked this year? No.

Yeah maybe Pool is a bit better, but with a decent managerial style it should be basically a wash. You're definitely even with a Chelsea and probably better than Spurs and Arsenal
ScottishFire
AG
I guess United did get 4 points against Liverpool last year, so we have to be more talented.
texagbeliever
I wouldnt call manu that talented of a squad. Lukaku seems burnt out. Played too many minutes. Alexis was figured out at arsenal and plays hero ball. No creative or visionary on the ball player (pogba is more of a box to box driver and a great one at that). Martial and rashford are winger hybrids who dont have great service or great cut and shoot skills.

Add in the back line. Valencia, smalling, jones/bailey, shaw. That is not a top back line. Only arsenal has a worse backline than that.
ryan_m
We actually have a very good team on paper. Just look at what these guys have done for their national teams. We need the right system/manager for all of them to thrive
Dre_00
Liverpool has a lot of talent but, more importantly, it's the right talent for Klopp's system.

United has a lot of talent but it's deployed in an incoherent system that doesn't suit the talent.
ryan_m
This is trash
Thunder18
AG
Down 2 goals to Newcastle at home 10 mins into the game. Mourinho and Woodward should be fired before halftime
boogieman
AG
Dafuq?!
12 minutes late and wer're down 2-0?
ryan_m
Why bring on Juan Mata when Alexis is on the bench?!
datrixstunna
AG
Jose ****ing Mourinho.

Where are all you ****s that defended him last season?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.