Manchester United 2018-19 Thread

76,891 Views | 1304 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by planoaggie123
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mourinho has said that he doesn't plan to play any of his players who were involved in the final weekend of games at the World Cup for 3 weeks. If he holds to that, there are going to be a number of players unavailable for the opening game.

He also threw some major shade at Woodward on RT when he said he had no idea why Perisic isn't a United player because he was very interested in adding him last summer.
ja86
AG
they haven't done anything to fix the holes in last seasons team.
ryan_m
I'd still like to see a new center back and right winger
Dre_00
It's very rare that any player of significance moves during or before a World Cup.
Mathguy64
AG
Just for grins I checked the UCL pots. We made pot 2. So did Spurs. Pool is in pot 3.

I couldn't find Chelsea or Arse anywhere in the list
Mathguy64
AG
Blind is gone. Ajax, for between 14 and 18 million pounds.
ryan_m
Good for Blind. Can't blame him for wanting to play
ja86
AG
Pictures of the new kit coming out...

ryan_m
Am I the only one in the world who really digs these new kits?
Dre_00
mathguy86 said:

That feels like a lot of money for a guy that played about 80 seconds last season.
Dre_00

Also reports that Courtois is going to Real which would end the De Gea to Real nonsense once and for all.

Mathguy64
AG
Dre_00 said:

mathguy86 said:

That feels like a lot of money for a guy that played about 80 seconds last season.

Turned a profit. The original incoming fee was like 10
Million pounds.
PatAg
AG
ryan_m said:

Am I the only one in the world who really digs these new kits?
I like em
ja86
AG
Dre_00 said:

Also reports that Courtois is going to Real which would end the De Gea to Real nonsense once and for all.

De Gea's turd of a WC ended the De Gea to Real nonsense once and for all lol.
boogieman
AG
Um...We sold the left sleeve to ads? Is this a first?
Dre_00
On our way to looking like a jersey from Liga MX!

Dre_00
Speaking of Liga MX, Martial, Mata, Smalling, Bailly, and a bunch of youngsters drew to Club America last night 1-1. Jose has already poo pooed his team in the sense that none of his star players are going to be available for the tour or for the start of the season.
Thunder18
AG
I only saw about 20-25 minutes of the 2nd half, but Tahith Chong looked really good
Dre_00
I have to say. Between Jose's incessant moaning and 1/2 the team being unavailable for the first week or two of the season, I'm not nearly as excited about the new season as usual.
datrixstunna
AG
Dre_00 said:

I have to say. Between Jose's incessant moaning and 1/2 the team being unavailable for the first week or two of the season, I'm not nearly as excited about the new season as usual.

I have no hope and no excitement for the new season. Jose has driven me to football depression.
ryan_m
My prediction for the season: Lukaku and Alexis both have over 20 goals this season. Alexis explodes with the addition of Fred to compliment Pogba in the midfield. Lukaku benefits from the addition of a right winger, which will be confirmed by the start of the season, possibly Willian
datrixstunna
AG
I want what you are drinking. Did you forget that we still have Jose as the manager?
Thunder18
AG
Andreas Pereira just ripped a beautiful free kick
ryan_m
I had a great summer of soccer watching while not having to hear from you. And now you're back, ready to spread your depressed, ignorant views on everyone
datrixstunna
AG
ryan_m said:

I had a great summer of soccer watching while not having to hear from you. And now you're back, ready to spread your depressed, ignorant views on everyone

Did you watch the match? Be prepared for that all season. It's not going to change until we get a real Manager.
ja86
AG
Jose on ref: "The officials came here from the baseball federation and thought it was a baseball game and realized it was soccer."
OregonAggie
AG
4 days since a post...y'all must be real excited about the **** show that's gonna be your 2018/2019 season!
ScottishFire
AG
OregonAggie said:

4 days since a post...y'all must be real excited about the **** show that's gonna be your 2018/2019 season!

No, we have won trophies in the last 20 years, so we don't have to talk in place of acting like you guys. I'm really happy that y'all have the golden boot player though. Individual awards > Trophies ...
"No one cuts me with impunity."
Dre_00
I've decided that whether we win the league this season or finish 15th, Mourinho doesn't make it past May 2019. I'd bet money on it.
ryan_m
I could see this happening. The attitude of Mourinho doesn't seem to suggest a man who loves his job
Mathguy64
AG
His MO is to win in year 2 and go nuts in year 3. If he gets into a pissing match with the team physio look out.
ryan_m
IF we do part ways, I hope it's not after a winning season. That would set a dangerous precedent that any incoming managers might be wary of.

Who wants to manage a club if the board fires winning managers?
jeffk
AG
He does seem more crotchety than usual this off-season.
Mathguy64
AG
I generally don't pay attention to the rumor mill, but its being reported the Raiola was in town today and he was working to get PP out. Supposedly Barca made some BS offer to players that amounted to $0.10 on the $1. If the choice was get rid of Mou or lose PP, I know what side I'm on.
Dre_00
I don't think he wants to be at United anymore. If he wins this season, he'll go to the board and ask to leave. He can leave on a high, reputation and ego in tact. They'll come to a mutual understanding and thank each other and all that nonsense. And then United can get a manager that has the potential to be a longer term solution and should have good candidates at their disposal of it's after a strong season. It's a win win for everyone.

I don't think it's likely to play out that way. More likely is him leaving in a tizzy with dead bodies in his wake.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.