Manchester United 2018-19 Thread

76,560 Views | 1304 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by planoaggie123
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dre_00 said:

I don't think he wants to be at United anymore. If he wins this season, he'll go to the board and ask to leave. He can leave on a high, reputation and ego in tact. They'll come to a mutual understanding and thank each other and all that nonsense. And then United can get a manager that has the potential to be a longer term solution and should have good candidates at their disposal of it's after a strong season. It's a win win for everyone.

I don't think it's likely to play out that way. More likely is him leaving in a tizzy with dead bodies in his wake.
LIkely if history is any indication
planoaggie123
AG
I have been a long Manchester United supporter and I honestly had a decent amount of excitement and optimism when we brought in JM....I thought he would look to Sir Alex more and maybe change his temperament...not sure why....i just had some crazy thought he might.

I am 1000% tired of all the negative headlines about his negative attitude on everyone / everything. He complains about transfers yet he hates several players he went out and got. He gets on to players who play well in a scheme not like the one he employs....ADAPT. It makes no sense. I would rather the team be middle of the table with positive outlook for the next few years with young talent and maybe a young coach than to deal w/ Mourinho and have us end up 3rd/4th place, crap out of the Champions League in the quarters, and do it all with pissed off older players and a pissed of coach.
jeffk
AG
Is Pogba leaving or is that just rumor mill tabloid stuff?
Mathguy64
AG
jeffk said:

Is Pogba leaving or is that just rumor mill tabloid stuff?
With a day left in the window? I would be beyond shocked if he left. It would be idiotic as you couldn't replace him and you wouldn't get fair value.
Aston94
AG
ryan_m said:

IF we do part ways, I hope it's not after a winning season. That would set a dangerous precedent that any incoming managers might be wary of.

Who wants to manage a club if the board fires winning managers?
Come on, the line forms to the left of managers who would kill to coach at Manchester United. All managers know the difficulty of having Mo as the club's manager, I don't see anyone holding that against United.
ryan_m
What has me confused is the fact that a few players have said how great their relationship is with him outside the view of the media.

I agree with Dre that the best solution would be to leave after a successful season, I think most fans would be happy with this.

But until then, it's down with loserpool, man s h i t t y and 4rsenal. Mourinho's red army marches on! Come on United!
Skitch05
AG
That was a boring transfer deadline day. Can't wait to see how Mourinho uses this as an excuse later...

Interesting note of the day is that Fulham had a higher net spend than United this transfer season. That said, they were also higher than City, Arsenal, and Spurs. They are definitely trying their best to stay up this season.
ja86
AG
when Mourinho self-immolates sometimes mid-December can he take Woodward out with him...
Mathguy64
AG
Calling my shot. On Jan 1 this team is in 7th and Mou is replaced with Zidane. They finish in 3rd.

Final order:
City
Liverpool
United
Spurs
Chelsea
Arsenal
jeffk
ryan_m
Okay, I'll play along.
Lukaku 25 goals
Alexis 20 goals
Pogba 20 assists
Alexis 15 assists

Sitting in 3rd at new year's, win the title in May.
United
City
Spurs
Chelsea
Loserpool
Arsenal

Am I overly optimistic? Probably. But I also haven't forgotten how good Pogba, lukaku, Alexis, Bailly, and Valencia are when fit.
Mathguy64
AG
Valencia is out until who knows when. Torn calf. It's either a back 3 or Darmian.
ryan_m
Only a couple weeks. Should be back soon by the looks of things
https://instagr.am/p/BmD5geJl0Wx
planoaggie123
AG
I think City repeats. Just too good. Not sure how you put Liverpool behind Chelsea either? I am putting United in front of Liverpool because I am a United fan but I think they could easily make a run at the title. I also wish Spurs would do more but I feel like they just don't have that killer instinct...

City
United
Liverpool
Spurs
Chelsea
*Surprise team*
Arsenal
Aston94
AG
Season starts today!

Leicester visits Old Trafford, 2pm central time on NBCSN.

ScottishFire
AG
https://imgur.com/gallery/8pHG7dv
"No one cuts me with impunity."
ryan_m
Pogba surprises me...but good on him! Come on United!
Skitch05
AG
Really looking forward to the Pogba/Fred/Pereira midfield trio. Should be great attacking, hopefully it doesn't get overrun defensively.
OregonAggie
AG
I'm a Liverpool fan through and through but Valencia is one of my favorite players to watch. I'd take him over any right back in the world.

texagbeliever
That was a clear handball. Probably the dumbest one you will see this season
gougler08
AG
Man that was a gift, what a stupid PK to give up
TXAggie2011
AG
Hi.

Wow. Dumb.

Very calm from Pogba.
Dre_00
That run up by Pogba was the best thing I've seen.
TXAggie2011
AG
I appreciate the referee letting them play, but he better be careful lest emotions boil over.
texagbeliever
This Madison kid is good. De gea is better
datrixstunna
AG
Score a goal. Hoofball United activated. Typical Jose.
Skitch05
AG
Man, Alexis has not looked good.
Mathguy64
AG
Lots of fouls into ankles that Marriner is playing advantage off of.
ja86
AG
Why did fred get the card and that weasel maddison didn't?
Skitch05
AG
I honestly don't know what Fred did. Maddison has been trying to get into Fred's head the last 10 minutes.
ja86
AG
Horrible passing in the final third.
bagger05
AG
Nobody go forward. Other team's half is lava.
Mathguy64
AG
Pogba is so big and strong. He gets held and fouled like crazy and doesn't go down and as a result doesn't get calls
Skitch05
AG
Alexis has killed the last 5 chances. His passing is terrible today.
ja86
AG
Wow they actually called a foul

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.