Manchester United 2018-19 Thread

76,876 Views | 1304 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by planoaggie123
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still have Superman back there.
datrixstunna
AG
This is going to be a painful season. Same old **** from last season.
Dre_00
I will take a sub-par performance from Alexis over a sub-par performance from almost anyone else because his effort and engine is always at 100%. It's absurd.
Dre_00
Shaw had a heck of a game even before that goal. If he plays like he was playing for LvG before his injury, it will be like a new signing. Still unsure that Mourinho will trust him game in and game out.
ja86
AG
Oh my, lots of ball watching
datrixstunna
AG
What a ****show. Nothing has changed from last season.
Dre_00
ja86 said:

Oh my, lots of ball watching

No idea what DeGea was doing there. He looked scared to come for a ball that was 2-3 yards away from him.
Dre_00
Bro, it wasn't that bad. It wasn't great but that was 5x more attacking than we were in 75% of the games last season. Bailly and Lindelof were extremely good against a team that is going to finish top 8. Not going to scare City with that performance but it's 3 points and a good start when many expected a lot worse.
ScottishFire
AG
Stoppage time goal was ****e, but 3 points and atop the Table.

GGMU!
"No one cuts me with impunity."
planoaggie123
AG
Not a bad match. Quite a few positives to take from the game but my goodness Alexis still doesn't look comfortable at Manu.
ryan_m
Had to record the game today, so I just finished watching. Few thoughts: Pogba, Shaw, and Bailly were fantastic! Good to see that quality from them.

I think Alexis and Fred were a step behind today, in terms of quality. They both worked very hard though, which is why I think Jose should've adjusted tactics and gone for a more high pressing game. But oh well, a win is a win
Skitch05
AG
Agreed on Alexis Dre. At the time I was frustrated because he killed many attacks, but at least he was trying to make things happen, and his motor never stops. Hopefully as things come together he will start connecting more.

I also thought Bailly, Shaw and Pogba were awesome (along with DDG of course). Hopefully Shaw keeps getting opportunities and showing up. I like what Fred bring on the ball. His first instinct is forwards instead of backwards and he's looking to make stuff happen, he should settle in as he adjusts to the PL. Lindelof was solid. I thought Darmian looked like he didn't want to be there. I also hope Pereira stays with the team, he showed promise and would be a great option for cup ties.
boogieman
AG
28 minutes in and down 2. They look lost, on the 2nd.
datrixstunna
AG
****ing Jose and his bull**** football. ****ing trash.
boogieman
AG
Maybe they were still asleep earlier?
Nice work Shaw and lukaku.
bagger05
AG
Oy vey
Furlock Bones
AG
This is a disaster. Tell me what is the identity of this team? Jose beetching is the only thing I can think of and that's not a recipe for success.
datrixstunna
AG
Furlock Bones said:

This is a disaster. Tell me what is the identity of this team? Jose beetching is the only thing I can think of and that's not a recipe for success.

There is no identity and there won't be one until a real manager is hired.
bagger05
AG
These dudes aren't even playing soccer. So in their own heads.
bagger05
AG
Commentator hit it on the head.

It's like if you're running late for a meeting and it feels like you hit every red light. When you're running early you still hit the same red lights but you don't even notice.

Our guys look like they're waiting on something awful to happen.

Shocking that a team with this much quality was able to look so bad that half. Looks mental to me.
Thunder18
AG
Nobody has any confidence because Mourinho can't open his mouth without belittling or attacking his own players.
Skitch05
AG
Pogba has terrible body language right now, he looks like a frustrated kid. He needs to give the armband to Lingard or someone actually trying if he's going to act like this.
datrixstunna
AG
Skitch05 said:

Pogba has terrible body language right now, he looks like a frustrated kid. He needs to give the armband to Lingard or someone actually trying if he's going to act like this.

I hope he leaves. He deserves better that ****ing Jose.
Furlock Bones
AG
I guess spending the off season trashing your players is not a great way to inspire confidence.
planoaggie123
AG
I watched the entire match in less than 15 min...they played like garbage. not worth my time. regardless of tactics Jose has to go. This team hates playing the game right now and don't trust the manager. I may need to venture to the "need help choosing my EPL team" thread...

....isnt Zidane available? Thoughts?
datrixstunna
AG
planoaggie123 said:

....isnt Zidane available? Thoughts?

Great man manager but probably not the best with tactics, which I would take at this point.
ryan_m
Changing teams when yours is losing is the definition of a plastic fan. Don't be that guy. We already have someone on here like that..

Zidane took a great team with great players and continued their success. Different circumstances here, so there's no way of knowing if he is the right man for the job.
gougler08
AG
ryan_m said:

Changing teams when yours is losing is the definition of a plastic fan. Don't be that guy. We already have someone on here like that..

Zidane took a great team with great players and continued their success. Different circumstances here, so there's no way of knowing if he is the right man for the job.

You really don't think Man U has great players?
H_Aggie
Please go find a new team man city is probably more your style
planoaggie123
AG
It's called a joke but thanks for trying!
ja86
AG
well, looks like Mourinho's third year syndrome is in full effect. Not sure he even makes it to December if he keeps getting results like today. What a ****show that was....
Mathguy64
AG
Grumpy Pundits on SiriusFC this morning were talking about bookmakers in England and Jose. He is listed as 4-9 to be gone before the end of the season. Let that sink in. You have to lay $900 to win $400 that he will be gone. Thats a crazy bet. Might as well hang a vacancy sign. He is 5-4 that its before Boxing Day. And he got the dreaded "vote of confidence" from the Board.
ja86
AG
3rd year syndrome. I think the odds of a dismissal would be high anyway. But the team looks totally dysfunctional and he is fighting with the board. I don't think he makes it into the new year. His score a goal and park the bus strategy isn't going to work with such a weak defense and DDG being a bit off.

The question really is can they find a replacement or do they do the interim coach.
Dre_00
Let's go get Henry before he commits to Bordeaux.

Sure he's probably not qualified but he can't do much worse and it would be worth it to watch Arsenal fans go apoplectic.
ja86
AG
Interesting lineup...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.