Manchester United 2018-19 Thread

75,662 Views | 1304 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by planoaggie123
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Completely agree. They need to blow it up. Maybe keep like 5 players.

I want more than anything to see Smalling, Jones, and Young gone. Obviously many others but would be awful if we retained any of them.
planoaggie123
AG
Why not have every goal scorer on her field at this point???
TheStunned
Dalot
McTominay
Lindelof

Only ones I would keep.
Thunder18
AG
Should be more than 8 minutes. It took 6 just to fix the flag
Thunder18
AG
TheStunned said:

Dalot
McTominay
Lindelof

Only ones I would keep.

Shaw
Mathguy64
AG
8 more minutes until this **** show ends.
planoaggie123
AG
Agree. Keep Shaw. Also I personally like pereira. That is about all.
planoaggie123
AG
Is there already a coaching issue??? Starting to question tactics, discipline and player selection.
Furlock Bones
AG
Straight trash.
Thunder18
AG
This game is a microcosm of the entire season:

Bad defending
Awful finishing
No killer instinct
Dropping points to bad teams
No sense of urgency

Woodward needs to be fired immediately
Furlock Bones
AG
Thunder18 said:

This game is a microcosm of the entire season:

Bad defending
Awful finishing
No killer instinct
Dropping points to bad teams
No sense of urgency

Woodward needs to be fired immediately

No they need a director of operations that builds the team. Woodward should only be involved in the business side. Literally nothing else.
planoaggie123
AG
Read rumors of Dybala. Would be happy with that.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Now Pogba wants out !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Mathguy64
AG
Let him go. In fact I would actively encourage him going. Loads of talent and no heart.

This team needs to be blown up and rebuilt. Next year will not be fun and he will be miserable to be around.
planoaggie123
AG
Agree. Not a huge fan of his desire and not sure he is the type of player this team needs. I think he has the potential to be a great player if surrounded by other great players. On his own, he is not a game changer.

I am hopeful for a big shakeup this offseason.
ryan_m
I disagree with both of you. Pogba has been a new man under Ole. Even when he doesn't dominate his opponents (which he often does through skill and physicality), he does try to create chances and link up play. It's been hard to notice due to poor finishing from forwards and the other midfielders aren't playing well either.

Sell De Gea and give Pogba the weapons he needs to flourish. If he were on loserpool or city's squad, he would be fighting for POTY
Mathguy64
AG
The first 15 games under Ole, Pogba looked reinvigorated. The last 10 he's stopped playing.
ryan_m
Hard to look impressive when your forwards can't score and your defenders give up easy goals. He hasn't looked amazing, but he does little things that no one sees but gets hammered by the media for not changing games
planoaggie123
AG
I dont want him gone at much of a discount but I think this team needs SO MUCH that if we can get a good number for him it would be hard not to sell. I saw they are looking to spend 200M (and I hope that does not include the additional money they may receive for others who leave this summer) and I just don't know if that is even enough to fill the numerous holes this club has....i feel like we could spend that on defense alone...
ryan_m
That's a very fair argument to make. I just think he has too much talent, and would hate to see him go somewhere else and succeed, regardless of the price.

You're absolutely right that we need an overhaul, but Ole said we won't sign six players. So my reasoning is that we keep our most productive midfielder in order to keep some stability in the squad.
planoaggie123
AG
I did not see that comment re: 6 players....

I agree with his high talent level just wonder if his value to us is greater in the cash return vs the product on the field

Either way...will be an interesting and hopefully exciting summer....
Dre_00
Said it before and I'll say it again. You can talk about Pogba's talent, heart, and everything else but it really just come down to one thing. Does he want to be a Manchester United player and give 100% or not? It's a simple question for Ole to ask him though the answer gets complicated. I get it if he doesn't want to be here. The club is a **** show right now. Perfectly reasonable to want to leave. And if that's the case, sell him.

Rumors are that Woodward would let him go to Madrid for 160 million. There's no way he'd get that much for him as 1) he's an incompetent assbag and 2) Pogba is legitimately not worth that much. If it were me, I'd say you can have him for 125 million.
Dre_00
https://www.football365.com/news/five-players-who-would-raise-the-standards-at-man-utd

Not sure how realistic any of these names are (no way in hell Ronaldo is happening) but the spirit of the article is accurate in my opinion. United should go after young, talented players that Ole thinks have the mental makeup but that can't be the only type of player that they go after. I could see a world where United get 85-100 million and Kroos for Pogba. And a player like Hummels or Godin could provide a lot of talent and experience on that back line. Lindelof could partner very nicely with either of those and even Bailly still has a future at United if he can get some guidance from a senior defender.
TheStunned
It honestly doesn't matter what players come in and out. There is something rotten at the core of this club that needs fixing before we can have any success. Man City lured the DoF and Manager from Barcelona while United are hiring unproven and inexperienced former players for DoF ( all rumors point to Fletcher) and Manager.
Dre_00
On the plus side, at least the club is acknowledging that they need a DoF. Maybe in another 7 years, they'll pick the right one.
planoaggie123
AG
While I agree with Dre_00 in his response that it is positive they acknowledge they need a DoF....it is highly concerning that Fletcher is the best we can do.....

ZERO EXPERIENCE. Just because you played does not mean you are qualified. Maybe try and find someone who has held an "associate" DoF (if such a thing) or a DoF at a smaller club like Wolverhampton or Watford etc who knows how to find diamonds in the rough. The big players are relatively easy to find...its finding those support players that we seem to be terrible at in my opinon...
Dre_00
Herrera officially gone after his contract ends. Good to know that we're getting rid of the players who have talent and actually care about United first.
Dre_00
And Valencia will apparently suit up tomorrow for the last time. Not surprising but this final is turning into a testimonial.
TheStunned
Giving extensions to the likes of Smalling, Jones and Young but decided to let Herrera go. What a shame.
Dre_00
I'm telling myself that he just got tired of the BS and decided to say "peace out" when PSG came calling. Can't blame him. He's not going to win crap at United. He's virtually guaranteed a league title at PSG and he'll get CL football again.

Plus, he's been jerked around by too many managers at United. The guy loves United though so it's sad to see him go.
Dre_00
But point taken. If Ashley Young plays anything other than a 3rd round game against Luton Town in the Carabao Cup, I'm busting some skulls.
Truvada_for_prep
Get Andrea Belottie now!
Thunder18
AG
Jon Moss. Bad call
TheStunned
Looks like Ole finally found away to get a Cardiff win.
Thunder18
AG
Jon Moss is a ****

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.