Manchester United 2018-19 Thread

76,494 Views | 1304 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by planoaggie123
snowdog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And there it is.
boogieman
AG
Brilliance from Messi.
Clinical.
jeffk
AG
Unreal.
TheStunned
Poor from Young. Again.
boogieman
AG
Come on DeGea.
ja86
AG
****ing young...
snowdog90
Wow.
jeffk
AG
*scrambles to now find a stream of the Ajax game*
ScottishFire
AG
OregonAggie said:

ryan_m said:

There are about 5 people who post regularly here. And you think that 3 hours before a game, on a Tuesday, we're gonna post about what exactly? God this is why I hate the scousers..

This is why I like making fun of y'all. United fans are a bunch of mental midgets hahaha.

Every other team's fans post a couple hours before announcing lineups, predictions, players they want to see, etc...even on a Tuesday.

You guys on the other hand have lost your mojo. I was just poking fun at that.
You didn't offend me.
It's near impossible for me to be offended by someone from Oregon.

I just know that I've always got the upper hand in life and in residency.
ja86
AG
DDG has been struggling in goal and with his distribution the last month or so.
wangus12
AG
jeffk said:

Well crap... reddit soccer got shut down again.

Anyone want to help me with a link? The shadier the better.
https://www.footybite.com/football/barcelona-vs-manchester-united-live-stream/
Thunder18
AG
I honestly think it's time to sell him, cash in while you can before he leaves on a free
Thunder18
AG
Get rid of Jones, Smalling, Young while at it.
snowdog90
The Man U I grew up watching was always talented but also had grit. This team has no grit. Where is the Scholes, Roy Keane, Giggs? They need a leader.

Not sure who they could get to fit that bill.
Griffle
On to rooting for the fighting Daley Blind's and Ajax for the rest of this tourney.
snowdog90
Yes, and good riddance and bon voyage to Ronaldo.
PatAg
AG
Imagine being from the States and thinking we should be taking part in any trash talking in the Premier League. Root for the team all you want, but we aren't from those neighborhoods and cities. On here, and from people I know, it's also mainly the Johnny come lately's who started following it about 4-5 years ago.
OregonAggie
AG
Hahaha

I'm from Texas...and live in Texas. Oregon was an 8 year blip on the radar! What I did get out of it was my Texags handle and I'm forever grateful.
jeffk
AG
Like 95% of the trash talking here is pretty good natured. Every once in a while someone* takes it too far but it's rare.

*a City fan
joemeister
AG
jeffk said:

Like 95% of the trash talking here is pretty good natured. Every once in a while someone* takes it too far but it's rare.

*a City fan
There was an annoying Man U fan for a while that talked a load a garbage on every thread for a while. Once I learned how to use the TexAgs ignore function he stopped being a factor. I honestly don't even remember his handle. I enjoy the ability to converse reasonably about all teams in the EPL on here without lame "rivalry board" type responses.
jeffk
AG
Wonder if he caught the banhammer?
texagbeliever
How's the view from that tall horse you are on? I think some good natured ribbing here and there makes sports more fun. Part of what makes being an Arsenal fan fun is the banter I get to have with my coworkers who root for other teams. Now yes there is a line but I at least didn't see anything obsessive here.
Dre_00
OregonAggie said:

Damn guys. I wouldn't know y'all had a game today, in 3 hours no less, had I used this board for all my info.
Why on earth would anyone use a forum on a privately run website that focuses on a specific Texas university's football team for info on a soccer team based in northern England? I think you're doing it wrong.
Dre_00
Anyway, in spite of the fact that I didn't post about the game ahead of time, I somehow miraculously managed to watch the pre-game AND the game itself. Shocking, I know.

Well, I watched the 1st 35 minutes anyway. After that, I flipped to Ajax and I have no regrets. It was always going to take a hefty dose of luck to come away with a result. Had Rashford scored in the 1st 30 seconds instead of hitting the bar or had De Gea not done his best Tony Caig impression, maybe things would've been different. United didn't look bad until Young decided to remind us of how horrible he is (should've stuck to my "don't watch a game Ashley Young starts" policy).

Not optimistic about the run-in but let's be honest. The summer window is going to make or break this team for next season and seasons after. But it would sure be a lot easier to "win" the summer window if we finished 4th.
OregonAggie
AG
I was just simply pointing out the apparent lack of excitement yesterday. From the result, I can understand why.
Griffle
So my 12 yr old and I leave on Wednesday to go to the Chelsea game. We just got confirmation this morning that our pre-match Q&A session we are going to at Hotel Football is with none other than Giggsy. My son doesn't have much frame of reference, but I might have squealed a little. Had it been Scholes, we might have needed a cleanup.

We are also going to catch Preston Northend and Sheffield Wednesday while in country.
Dre_00
Young isn't starting today... I can watch!

(Actually I can't because I'm out of town)

Though from the lineup it seems like...Lindelof is?
Mathguy64
AG
Dalot and Lindelof are outside backs.

And we are in pink. I hate that kit.
Mathguy64
AG
If I never see Phil Jones playing CB ever again it will be a happy day. He just stood there clueless on that goal.
Mathguy64
AG
And 6 corners now for Everton in 17:00
Mathguy64
AG
How do you give up a 30 yds goal from Gilfi Siggurdson????

This team has decided to mail it in.
Griffle
The group of Smalling, Jones, Fred and Matic are like Swiss cheese. They really have to solidify that middle in the summer.
Mathguy64
AG
Richarlison goes down whining and crying the minute someone looks at him. Man I hate Brazilians and that crap.
ScottishFire
AG
Such a trash half. No continuity in the midfield and being out hustled in every third.
I hope Ol lights into them
planoaggie123
AG
Wow. Terrible half.

This team has issues all over the place but one person I can't wait to see gone is Lukaku. He is just dead weight on the field.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.