Manchester United 2018-19 Thread

76,822 Views | 1304 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by planoaggie123
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CL match on fieldturf. I get HS's playing on multisport fields. And I see lots of sports complexes doing it because of weather and heavy traffic. But how and why CL level team plays on this stuff is beyond me.
ja86
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Looks like CBS Sports Network is the only way to get the game today??
I believe it is only streamed on the B/R Live service. TNT has put most of the matches behind a paywall.

link to the bleacher report streaming site
ja86
AG
mathguy86 said:

CL match on fieldturf. I get HS's playing on multisport fields. And I see lots of sports complexes doing it because of weather and heavy traffic. But how and why CL level team plays on this stuff is beyond me.
well they are young boys after all.... maybe they feel more at home on a multisport field
jeffk
AG
Good luck today against failed 90's R&B duo-turned soccer club, Young Boys.
Mathguy64
AG
Lineips are in.

United's XI: Dave, Dalot, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Matic, Fred, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Lukaku

Subs: Romero, AY, Bailly, Fellaini, AP, Mata, Sanchez

planoaggie123
AG
Work isn't cooperating today...wish I could catch the match...especially with Dalot and Martial in the starting lineup...
Mathguy64
AG
Well, TNT and B/R can stick it in their ear. I hope they lose they financial asses over this idea.
ScottishFire
AG
...wish I had the ability to view the match. Instead, I'm watching Roma vs. Real Madrid.
planoaggie123
AG
i just don't understand not showing these matches...its daytime tv...nobody is watching anything anyways and you could gain a TON of viewers by putting this match on air....is Young Boys a major club? No...but I personally enjoy such matches as it allows to watch teams otherwise you would never see....
Mathguy64
AG
If the internet is to believed Pogba had a brace and it ended 3-0.
gougler08
AG
City lost to Lyon at home
planoaggie123
AG
That is the rumor i see on the interwebs.....seems like we missed a decent little match...

(in reply to mathguy86)
planoaggie123
AG
I am sure they will bounce-back but their struggles in Champions League is pretty surprising...
ja86
AG
mathguy86 said:

If the internet is to believed Pogba had a brace and it ended 3-0.

And martial got a goal in a spot start. He should be playing more.
Mathguy64
AG
Now let's see if CR7 gets to play in the 2 legs. If he gets a 3 match suspension he misses them both as they are MD 3 and MD 4.
Skitch05
AG
A 2 match suspension would include missing the game at Old Trafford. As much as it would help United for him not to play, I would hate to not see him in that game.
ScottishFire
AG
Boo, today's game is on NBC Gold.
ryan_m
Welp time to watch some illegal soccer
Skitch05
AG
Looks like Fred and Pogba are starting to get some chemistry, which is nice. Great touch by Pogba to setup Fred's first United goal.
datrixstunna
AG
ScottishFire said:

Boo, today's game is on NBC Gold.

They are just saving our time from watching **** Jose football. It's a blessing in disguise.
gougler08
AG
The apathy on this thread is at an all time high
Mathguy64
AG
Kind of hard to be anything today. Can't watch the game. Couldn't watch the UCL match.

In this day and age how you cannot monetize streaming a match without resorting to a pay wall is beyond me.
Dre_00
And rightly so.
ja86
AG
League cup game today versus Derby County. ESPN+ is the only way to watch i believe. At least someone is streaming this one.

and to add to the drama evidently there are reports of a major fall out between Pogba and Mourinho following Pogba's "lack of attack" comments last weekend.
Mathguy64
AG
It wouldn't be a new week if there wasn't a report of a falling out between PP and Jose.
Skitch05
AG
Pogba has undermined Mou to the media several times now. I've got to side with Mou on this one issue, players can not do that, especially the captain. I was in the camp that thought Mourinho would be out this summer and Pogba stays, but now I'm thinking they will both be gone.
Dre_00
I think the fact that Pogba and Mourinho are known to have a rocky relationship made Pogba's comment seem worse than it was. The fans shout "attack, attack, attack" for a reason and it's not wrong to say that is an expectation of theirs. It has been for decades.

I get that Mourinho had his feathers ruffled and rightly so to a degree but it was an overreaction which is perfectly in step with his character. Announcing that Pogba would never captain United again in front of the team while Pogba was there was an unnecessary dressing down. And it's the type of **** that is more tolerable to players and a fan base when you didn't finish 19 points out of first last season and aren't currently in 7th to start this season.
PatAg
AG
Maybe if Mourinho didnt have a long history, I'd be more likely to side with him. I can't wait until he is sacked.
datrixstunna
AG
Getting throughly out played by Derby County. ****ing pathetic and you lot defended Jose last year.
ja86
AG
pretty depressing struggling mighty with a championship side and Mou's response is to bring on the Fro....
Mathguy64
AG
Could be a tough choice for the Board. Ties at home to Wolverhampton in PL and Derby in the caribou cup. It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things because it's the caribou cup but the optics will be bad.
ja86
AG
And Romero is off! Red card for handling outside the box.
datrixstunna
AG
The joke keeps writing itself. Woodward is a ***** if Jose survives this.
Dre_00
I'm in full "actively rooting for more Derby goals" mode in the hope the embarrassment forces the board's hand.
ja86
AG
well i guess no league cup for us this season. To make things worse, it was a pretty strong lineup.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.