Chelsea 2013/14 Season Thread - Part Two

72,623 Views | 2458 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Kampfers
Ganondorf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
quote:
Still haven't watched the match, went to Depeche Mode last night.

Ahem.

You hating brotato?
Enzo The Baker
AG
New Wave HATE!
Enzo The Baker
AG
dp

[This message has been edited by Enzo The Baker (edited 9/20/2013 4:59p).]
Gigem Trevas
Team sheet for The Chelsea vs Fulham 4-2-3-1
Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, JT (c), Cole; Ramires, Mikel; Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard; Eto’o
Subs: Schwarzer, Azpilicueta, Essien, Lampard, De Bruyne, Willian, £50
No Mata

[This message has been edited by Gigem Trevas (edited 9/21/2013 11:52a).]
Ganondorf
AG
Is he injured or did he sleep with the manager's wife?
Gigem Trevas
Eva sighting but Ramires is down. The Chelsea should have had a penalty given on two instances on the last sequence of play.
Alan Johnson
AG
Eva.. dat ass
Kampfers
AG
Mourinho rates Oscar higher in the #10 role. In addition, apparently Mata didn't do what he was asked when he came on in the game vs Basel. To his credit, Oscar has played well, his distribution has been excellent.

Still don't think Eto'o is the answer and wish we'd kept Lukaku.

The headscratcher is the continued deployment of both Hazard and Schurrle. Both excellent players, both like to play wide left and cut in on their right. Too many people trying to do the same thing (especially when Cole gets forward). Play one or the other imo.
Kampfers
AG
And to their credit, Fulham are executing their gameplan (the exact same one they had against Sunderland) - force all the play wide, and use their height at the back to clear all danger. Chelsea don't have anyone big and powerful at the front, and so all the crossing comes to naught.
Gigem Trevas
Halftime 0-0. The Chelsea did well putting pressure on at the end of a boring first half.
Dre_00
quote:
You hating brotato?

Of course not. I, of all people, understand your plight. I'm just making an observation. Some might consider it a slightly ironic one.
Gigem Trevas
Oscar
Kampfers
AG
First goal should open the game up more, and let the midfield be more free-flowing
Gigem Trevas
£50 on for Eto'o
Gigem Trevas
Mikel has scored.
Gigem Trevas
Fans chanting "shoot" whenever Mikel touches the ball now. Even in The Chelsea's half of the field.
Gigem Trevas
Fulltime 2-0 The Chelsea.
Gigem Trevas
Tweet from The Chelsea's official twitter. "CHELSEA GOAL! JOHN MIKEL OBI! JOHN MIKEL OBI! JOHN MIKEL OBI!"
Enzo The Baker
AG
Man Torres looked fantastic today. Why can't he be consistent! Not having Mata out there is such a waste. He should start every game, for FKs and corners alone. Another meh game from Hazard. Way too much individual dribbling from him and a lot of our guys in the first half. Looked like a completely different team in the second half. Still not confident in how we are playing right now though.
Ziggy Sobotka
AG
For whatever reason Luiz and Mata seem to be done in blue. I don't get it, but I admittedly know less about soccer than Mourinho.

[This message has been edited by EZcomeEZgo02 (edited 9/21/2013 8:46p).]
Enzo The Baker
AG
I know I shouldn't question mourhino but mata is the best soccer player on our team. Not even that close save lamps.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
quote:
You hating brotato?

Of course not. I, of all people, understand your plight. I'm just making an observation. Some might consider it a slightly ironic one.

Did you ever tell us what concert you went to? You know, when you MISSED the 2-0 win!
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
For whatever reason Luiz and Mata seem to be done in blue. I don't get it, but I admittedly know less about soccer than Mourinho.

[This message has been edited by EZcomeEZgo02 (edited 9/21/2013 8:46p).]

In rrgards to Mata, I don't get it either. Is Luiz still hurt?

Those two should be starting every game if healthy.

Good result yesterday & nice to see Obi pop his goal cherry!
Dre_00
quote:
Did you ever tell us what concert you went to? You know, when you MISSED the 2-0 win!

That's crossing the line Broseph Stalin. I watched that game at the AO bar AND stuck around to watch Panama and Honduras draw. I think there's actually video of this.

I've killed for less
Ganondorf
AG
Sounds like Fun. dre.
Dre_00
*golf clap*
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
*golf clap*

Thief!
Gigem Trevas
Juan Mata is supposedly going to get to play tomorrow against Swindon Town. The Chelsea have to play a league one side for him to start. How much in favor has he fallen?

[This message has been edited by Gigem Trevas (edited 9/23/2013 7:39a).]
Ganondorf
AG
Just so you know, Tottenham will take that pesky Mata off your hands.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10325709/Jose-Mourinho-defiant-over-Chelsea-outcast-midfielder-Juan-Mata-who-does-not-work-hard-enough.html

quote:
“I want to play Mata and Oscar, but Juan has to work and adapt to a certain style of play because I’m not ready to change Oscar’s position,” he said. “Juan has to learn to play the way I want to play, to be more consistent.”

byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Juan Mata is supposedly going to get to play tomorrow against Swindon Town. The Chelsea have to play a league one side for him to start. How much in favor has he fallen?

[This message has been edited by Gigem Trevas (edited 9/23/2013 7:39a).]

I find JM's stance on Mata quite puzzling. Hiw can he not see gis value? The dude is nails & has been an assist machine. Hopefully he makes this transition into what JM wants. Fingers crossed.
Dre_00
quote:
Thief!

You're not old enough to own the rights to golf clap. I think you're getting confused with The Clap which I'm sure you have in abundance.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
quote:
Thief!

You're not old enough to own the rights to golf clap. I think you're getting confused with The Clap which I'm sure you have in abundance.

You be nice, Dre! I'm squeaky clean, but my womb broom did smell a little funny Saturday morning. Shet got super weird Friday night & early, early Saturday morning.
Gigem Trevas
Christ Smith "womb broom". I need c/lol for that comment.
byfLuger41
AG
I genuinely have a handlebar mustache atm. It's rather, well, girthy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.