Chelsea 2013/14 Season Thread - Part Two

68,385 Views | 2458 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Kampfers
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gigem Trevas
Oscar so close to a spectacular goal.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Double.
Gigem Trevas
Delightful double for Eto'o.
Kampfers
AG
Our striker is scoring! This isn't the Chelsea I know and love! Imposters!
Out in Left Field
AG
Oo dang
byfLuger41
AG
Eto'o with the brace!
Gigem Trevas
I take back my comment about £50M not starting.
Gigem Trevas
Hatty for Eto'o.
Kampfers
AG
Lets make this ugly
byfLuger41
AG
Hat trick hero!
Alan Johnson
AG
valencia was mugging eto and he still scored
Kampfers
AG
Also that was a pretty incredible save by de gea, even if it will be overshadowed by the goal
Out in Left Field
AG
Throw your hats!
Kampfers
AG
Little Pea is on
Gigem Trevas
Hahaha down to 10 for United.
Kampfers
AG
**** these guys. That's two tackles with nothing but intent to injure. Pure trash.
Out in Left Field
AG
Dirty tackles
Gigem Trevas
Should have ended with 9.
byfLuger41
AG
Game over!

Definitely should have ended with 9 too.

Gigem Trevas
It is all quiet on the United fan thread.
Diego
AG
Way to go Blues!
byfLuger41
AG
Man, what a game. Still cannot believe one of our strikers bagged a hat trick against Man U. Wonder what the odds were for a Chelsea ST to do that, 40/1? 500/1?

Solid win, but it still just doesn't feel right. After all these years, this is the first time I knew we were going to win convincingly against Man U. The loss of SAF has made a huge impact on United and the league as a whole.
byfLuger41
AG
£50 out with an unknown return date.

He comes Ba.
Gigem Trevas
Really feel for £50. He was playing well his last few games and once again goes down to an injury. Every time he starts to put it together something comes up.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Really feel for £50. He was playing well his last few games and once again goes down to an injury. Every time he starts to put it together something comes up.

RVP/Stu Holden 2.0
Alan Johnson
AG
Would The Chelsea really sell Mata to united? They're not title contenders this year but it could backfire for Mourinho later. Maybe he is trying to get on Moyes' good side so he can make a move for Rooney later.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Would The Chelsea really sell Mata to united? They're not title contenders this year but it could backfire for Mourinho later. Maybe he is trying to get on Moyes' good side so he can make a move for Rooney later.

I would, especially if we can somehow get Rooney out of the deal. We still have, what, 10 days left in this transfer window? Anything can happen, as you all know, but I'd be very surprised if we just sold Mata to United without anything in return. However, if we did indeed sell Mata straight up, I wouldn't consider it a risk. I love the guy, but he is small and gets pushed around...A LOT. Our midfield would murder him if he were on the other side of the pitch.
gougler08
AG
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/20/manchester-united-transfer-window-david-moyes

Apparently United looked at an offer of 37MM pounds for Mata. I also didn't realize Mata was only 25 years old...I know that money doesn't mean much to Abromavich, but that seems like a pretty good deal for someone who isn't even starting for The Chelsea
Gigem Trevas
Some idiot was post padding on the Liverpool thread.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
I would, especially if we can somehow get Rooney out of the deal. We still have, what, 10 days left in this transfer window? Anything can happen, as you all know, but I'd be very surprised if we just sold Mata to United without anything in return. However, if we did indeed sell Mata straight up, I wouldn't consider it a risk. I love the guy, but he is small and gets pushed around...A LOT. Our midfield would murder him if he were on the other side of the pitch.

If we get Rooney... Yes. If not, then no. Would not sell a player of Mata's caliber to a rival without receiving someone of at least equal caliber in return.
Gigem Trevas
Looks like Mata to United is a done deal. £40M seems to be the price.
gougler08
AG
Mata is too good to sell, still not sure why he doesn't see starts for Chelsea...I'd love to have him at Arsenal
Gigem Trevas
Where would he even play for Arsenal? I posed the same question on the United thread.
byfLuger41
AG
As much as I love Mata, he's just too small. Hell, look at Modric. These guys are quality players, dont get me wrong, but I prefer a bigger size. (No pun)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.