Chelsea 2013/14 Season Thread - Part Two

67,282 Views | 2458 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Kampfers
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dude, are you outside my house or something?
Gigem Trevas
No.
Gigem Trevas
Damn that ball had some pace on it.
Gigem Trevas
Got all 3 subs correctly but not all the correct players who came off.
byfLuger41
AG
Whoa!
Gigem Trevas
Ouch.
byfLuger41
AG
Ouch
byfLuger41
AG
I swear to God man. Is your last name Smith?
Gigem Trevas
Nope.
Gigem Trevas
Nervy but effective 1-0 win. Draw for the next round is in just a few minutes.
byfLuger41
AG
KTBFFH!
Gigem Trevas
Drew City away in the next round. F***.
byfLuger41
AG
Sh*t.
Gigem Trevas
It sucks but if somehow The Chelsea do advance, they have a great chance to make the final.
Alan Johnson
AG
City v Chelsea and Arsenal v Liverpool. Seems like it should be the quarterfinal pairings.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
City v Chelsea and Arsenal v Liverpool. Seems like it should be the quarterfinal pairings.

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Gigem Trevas
It is rumored that Costa has agreed to join The Chelsea in the summer. Looks like Eto'o and Ba are for sure gone if this is true.
byfLuger41
AG
Link please?
Gigem Trevas
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-news-rumours-diego-3063390
byfLuger41
AG
Well it looks like Costa deal is going to be a swap for Curtiois (sp?-driving atm too). Hopefully he can boost our goal tally up front.
Gigem Trevas
Is it greedy to want to have both Costa and Courtois?
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Is it greedy to want to have both Costa and Courtois?

Very and equally unfair to the player. Cech isn't showing any signs or wear and I personally think he'll be good for another 2 seasons, hopefully 4.
Gigem Trevas
Yes, I understand that Cech is not showing any signs of wear and being older. However Courtois is only 21 years old and is already a top 5 goalkeeper in the world. He is still technically a player owned by The Chelsea. I see no problem with bringing Courtois back and trying to make a bid for Costa. Atletico is in a position where they have to sell their players because of the large amount of debt they are in. I think if The Chelsea can have both they will.

[This message has been edited by Gigem Trevas (edited 1/27/2014 10:42a).]
byfLuger41
AG
Would you want to sit on the bench if you were a top 5 keeper in the world?
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Would you want to sit on the bench if you were a top 5 keeper in the world?

no, but despite his service to the club, at a certain point logic dictates that you have to hand the reins to the 21 year old with a much longer future.

Would only be okay with Courtois for Costa swap if it included a REASONABLE buyback clause for Courtois that they would be forced to accept.
Gigem Trevas
I am the only one who wouldn't mind if we sold Cech as long as we start Courtois next year.
Old School Rucking
AG
quote:
I am the only one who wouldn't mind if we sold Cech as long as we start Courtois next year.

Nope, I'd be more than okay with that.
Kampfers
AG
quote:

I would "mind" but I think it would be better for the club than selling Courtois. Honestly id use next year to phase him in a la Friedel/Lloris and then call up the Sheik and see if he wants a big name DP for NYCFC. Let Cech play another year or two at another team (MLS could be cool, as noted), then bring him back to the club in a coaching role.

I thought cech wanted to retire early anyways due to his head injuries.
byfLuger41
AG
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1691238/arsene-wenger-juan-mata-sale-signals-change-chelsea?cc=5901

Proof that the crying starts at the top and works its way down.
Gigem Trevas
I saw that earlier and forgot to post it.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
quote:

I would "mind" but I think it would be better for the club than selling Courtois. Honestly id use next year to phase him in a la Friedel/Lloris and then call up the Sheik and see if he wants a big name DP for NYCFC. Let Cech play another year or two at another team (MLS could be cool, as noted), then bring him back to the club in a coaching role.

I thought cech wanted to retire early anyways due to his head injuries.

Its a tough decision no matter what we do. I for one would like to see us remain loyal to Cech since he has been loyal to us. The guy has balls the size of church bells and has brought his A game year in and out.

The problem is more with Courtois. He wants to play first team ball and rightfully so. The kid is a stud with a bright future. In a perfect world, we keep Cech and being in Courts for domestic tournaments e.g. FA, League Cup ect. and transition him into lower table EPL matches. I just don't think either player would like that idea. Do I want to keep them both, of course, who wouldn't. Hopefully the club does what's best for both players and above all the club.
Alan Johnson
AG
I don't see how yall can talk **** about Wenger all the time. Love him or hat him you have to agree he's a smart guy with a lot of wisdom far beyond football. Compared to other managers out there getting caught banging trannies, being linked with fascist groups, career trolls, etc. I'd say Wenger is pretty damn respectable.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
I don't see how yall can talk **** about Wenger all the time. Love him or hat him you have to agree he's a smart guy with a lot of wisdom far beyond football. Compared to other managers out there getting caught banging trannies, being linked with fascist groups, career trolls, etc. I'd say Wenger is pretty damn respectable.

Because he's a huge cry baby and an easy target. He's like that kid in 7th grade that you didn't dislike, but you effed with him intentionally because you knew you'd get a reaction out of'em.

Great football mind, but a big, bigggggggg baby, IMO.
Gigem Trevas
Smith! You are welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI1vGq6YfU4
byfLuger41
AG
Was hoping for more full body shots, but still would.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.