Chelsea 2013/14 Season Thread - Part Two

72,622 Views | 2458 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Kampfers
Brick Tamland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I do not. The other thread with it was taken down
Enzo The Baker
AG
bryan dot demartino at gmail
Brick Tamland
Thanks. Will get in touch soon
Enzo The Baker
AG
For those wondering about Mata and DL:

quote:
The situations with David Luiz and Mata are equally precarious for Mourinho. The Brazilian has struggled with a hamstring strain problem since the end of last season and, like Lampard, has played only intermittently in the US.

David Luiz came on for 30 minutes in Indianapolis last Thursday against Internazionale and has not been seen on the pitch since. The way Mourinho defiantly and instantly rejected a £35m bid from Barcelona for the 25-year-old proved just how integral a player he will be this season.

Likewise with Mata who, like David Luiz, missed Chelsea's tour to Asia because of his involvement in Spain's Confederations Cup campaign. They stayed behind at the club's DC base instead of travelling to Miami to take on Real Madrid on Wednesday. "They are important players," said Mourinho. "The team with David Luiz and Mata is a better team. But again this is not a problem, we don't risk players in pre season.

"Mata had a little thing, we didn't take a risk. David had an injury from before the Europa League final and he still has little things with it, so we stop.

"If David misses the start of the season then its only because of his injury. That's why I'm not risking him. He had a good session in DC with the fitness guys while we were in Miami. So, hopefully, there will be no problems."
Enzo The Baker
AG
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

quote:
Wayne Rooney has told his Manchester United team-mates he will be joining Chelsea.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1518412/wayne-rooney-confident-move-chelsea?cc=5901
Brick Tamland
jeffk
AG
It's going to be weird seeing that leprechaun in blue and white.
byfLuger41
AG
It's not gonna be weird seeing him hoist trophies!
Gigem Trevas
Holy sh**. WAAAAAAAAAAAYNEEEEE ROOOOOOOONEEEEEY!
Dre_00
Are you people seriously getting your panties in a tizzy over that article? Here's what it said.

Some dude, who may not even be employed by MUFC said that Rooney thinks he'll be heading to Chelsea and has told his teammates too that he thinks he'll leave.

Whoopty-****ing-do.

As I've said all along, it may happen, but that article is worth the paper I wipe my ass with.
Alan Johnson
AG
he's fat, he's scouse, he'll probably rob your house, wayne roooney
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
he's fat, he's scouse, he'll probably rob your house, wayne roooney

& he's been dominating Arsenal since 2004.

[This message has been edited by Smith&Co1970 (edited 8/10/2013 5:56p).]
Dre_00
A number of other people have too.
byfLuger41
AG
Drogba is another Arsenal killer...
Brick Tamland
quote:
Drogba is another Arsenal killer...

Even when with Galatasaray
Alan Johnson
AG
Who's side are you on here Brick!! But I agree, drogba has always been a thorn in our side. World class player even at 35.
Brick Tamland
I'm very flaky
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I did go to a Tottenham game day before yesterday. It was not what I expected

Really? I only ask because the season has not started yet. Was it a preseason game? Who did they play?

I'm in Europe, left London for Barcelona today. Went to north London for the Saturday match against Espanyol. An exhibition that ended in a 1-1 tie.

I love Tottenham, but everything was so economically depressed. Only food around was a few fried chicken stores and a couple of Arab good places. Damaged building everywhere.

The crowd tried to get into it but really couldn't.i guess because it was an exhibition? White hart lane was ok, really small when you actually get in.

This post was taken from an active thread on the premium board! Classic description of Spurs!

Here is a link for those of you who have a Texags subscription:

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2345080&page=2&forum_id=25
Brick Tamland
Brick Tamland
NM

[This message has been edited by Brick Tamland (edited 8/12/2013 10:39p).]
LondonOllie
LOL! Funny. Of course it's not the same as a match in the season, it's a pre season friendly!
Stanford Bridge isn't that much bigger than WHL. Been there plenty of times. Have to admit that Tottenham as an area isn't too nice, but there are areas nearby that are fine. Looking forward to Spurs building our new stadium.
Brick Tamland
The main thing is we are used to 85k at Kyle Field. We are used to bigger stadiums for American football. I wish Spurs would go ahead and build a new stadium. Surprised Chelsea hasn't at least renovated.
Gigem Trevas
Only a few days until the season starts. I have been watching videos of The Chelsea these last few days getting ready. I just have a feeling The Chelsea will play pretty well and dominate teams like they should have last year.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Rumors of Eto'o being our fallback option.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Hope this isn't true. Would be a huge blow.

quote:

David Luiz has dropped a transfer bombshell on Jose Mourinho just a week before the season starts, telling the Chelsea manager he wants to quit for Barcelona, according to reports in Spain.

The Brazil centre half is top of new Barca boss Gerardo Martino summer shopping list as he bids to reposition the Catalan giants at the summit of European football.

Luiz, who has been at Chelsea for two-and-a-half years, has overcome initial concerns about his ability following the £25million move to Stamford Bridge from Benfica, becoming one of the Premier League's best defenders.
Gigem Trevas
Enzo The Baker
AG
Good thing is that it's a Spanish source. So I would take it with a grain of salt.
gobias
AG
Highly doubt that will happen and I won't believe it until he's wearing the Catalan flag.
Kampfers
AG
Unless Barce pay us 50m pounds I'd play Luiz on the reserves for the remainder of his contract before letting him force his way out like we are some feeder club.

I highly doubt the accuracy of that report, however.
byfLuger41
AG
My thoughts exactly Kamps!
Enzo The Baker
AG
My Mata 3rd kit just came in. Sharpest jersey ever. Fits like a glove. Very pleased.
Dre_00
quote:
Unless Barce pay us 50m pounds I'd play Luiz on the reserves for the remainder of his contract before letting him force his way out like we are some feeder club.

I can relate to this strategy.
byfLuger41
AG
Pics Enzo!
Enzo The Baker
AG

Scriffer
AG
SBNation also says no dice on David Luiz transfer. Barca won't meet the 50M price tag.

http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2013/8/13/4616264/barcelona-negotiations-for-chelseas-david-luiz-and-liverpools-daniel

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.