Chelsea 2013/14 Season Thread - Part Two

70,751 Views | 2458 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Kampfers
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So Chelsea have Juan Mata, Oscar, Eden Hazard, Marko Marin, Kevin De Bruyne, Frank Lampard, Ramires, and Lucas Piazon as attacking midfielders/wingers. Out of curiosity, who does Shurrle push out of their starting role. I realise Lampard is aging quickly, but he scored some extremely vital goals.

Certainly will have a squad that can rotate week in and week out.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
So Chelsea have Juan Mata, Oscar, Eden Hazard, Marko Marin, Kevin De Bruyne, Frank Lampard, Ramires, and Lucas Piazon as attacking midfielders/wingers. Out of curiosity, who does Shurrle push out of their starting role. I realise Lampard is aging quickly, but he scored some extremely vital goals.

Certainly will have a squad that can rotate week in and week out.

Mata, Hazard, Ramires & Franky are the obvious top 4, one based on seniority.

I could see Marin & Piazon going out on loan which would leave Schurrle & KDB.

Honestly, I have no clue what Jose is gonna do, but it's nice to have that large of a pool to play with.
Brick Tamland
Marin on loan

@chelseafc: We have today reached agreement with Sevilla for the season-long loan of Marko Marin... http://t.co/pdAKyqfFji #CFC
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Marin on loan

@chelseafc: We have today reached agreement with Sevilla for the season-long loan of Marko Marin... http://t.co/pdAKyqfFji #CFC

Looks like im half right...
Brick Tamland
Are you a wizard?
Brick Tamland
Fun fact:

Google Chrome has a The Chelsea extension app on it
Kampfers
AG
Re: which players will get time in the attacking midfield

Ramieres will slot in as a holding midfielder.

Oscar, Hazard, Lampard, Mata

Those are the 4 "attacking" mids, though Lamps can be deployed defensively as well.

Realistically I'm more interested in the logjam at striker and what formation Mourinho intends to play.

If he goes 4-2-3-1 as was common at Real (and as The Chelsea played for long stretches last year), I don't see why we wouldn't allow Lukaku to go on loan, particularly if we are bringing in Cavani.
Gigem Trevas
I am interested to see what formation The Chelsea will start with next year.
Brick Tamland
It's really weird seeing Torres take on Luiz and Oscar shoving Torres
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
It's really weird seeing Torres take on Luiz and Oscar shoving Torres

It's just like training!
byfLuger41
AG
EURO 2012 Golden Boot,
Chelsea's top-goalscorer 2012/13,
Confederations Cup 2013 Golden Boot,

Who else? £50!
Gigem Trevas
Brick Tamland
Bam
Alan Johnson
AG
10 years ago today roman abromovich was in London to buy a football club. He flew over white hart lane in his private helicopter and asked "what is that? Oh, I don't want that one". He single handedly saved chelsea from administration and forever changed the landscape of football, and the rest is history.

$$$$$*****s with no money act like money isn't everything.$$$$$
Brick Tamland
Boo hoo
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
10 years ago today roman abromovich was in London to buy a football club. He flew over white hart lane in his private helicopter and asked "what is that? Oh, I don't want that one". He single handedly saved chelsea from administration and forever changed the landscape of football, and the rest is history.

$$$$$*****s with no money act like money isn't everything.$$$$$

Very fitting that it's the same day that A&M joined the SEC! Now I have two reasons to grab a pint after work, thanks for the reminder buddy!
Kampfers
AG
http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/54447907284/chelseas-mikel-gets-distracted-during-interview-at-the
Terk
AG
Any chance we could get some ****** in the title? It just doesn't feel like an official thread without one!
byfLuger41
AG
byfLuger41
AG
Negative on the ******* in the title Terk. Team threads never have asterisks, only game threads get them.

HTH

Brick Tamland
Thanks, Terk
byfLuger41
AG
I'm ready for August 17th! When do we player Bayern?
byfLuger41
AG
Marco van Ginkel seems pretty legit for his age. Just watched a few youtube video's on him. Anyone actually seen him play?
byfLuger41
AG
http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3225163/title/chelsea-tv-celebrate-a-decade-of-success?utm_source=T9O1AI&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Digital%20CFC%20Asian%20Newsletter%20Weekly%20DL#57

Shet club, not succesful...
Gigem Trevas
I read that the Gooners are considering buying £50.
byfLuger41
AG
I would poop my big boy pants if we got Rooney & the Gooners got £50. Hilarious!
Gigem Trevas
I don't think I would do that, but the Gooners here would never hear the end of it.

[This message has been edited by Gigem Trevas (edited 7/6/2013 10:46a).]
tremble
AG
Madrid looking to sign Xabi Alonso's successor in Illarramendi this summer. Rumor in Marca that it could result in Xabi looking to join Mou at Chelsea.

Reasonable rumor or bull****?
Kampfers
AG
No idea but I'd be cool with that.
byfLuger41
AG
I wouldn't be opposed to that move either, but wouldn't that just further conjest our midfield?
Gigem Trevas
Depends on the formation The Chelsea will run and if Mikel leaves.
byfLuger41
AG
Mikel needs to leave. His laziness is getting old & he has yet to score a goal.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Mikel needs to leave. His laziness is getting old & he has yet to score a goal.

goal scoring isn't his game. We have plenty of others to do that. Did you watch the confederations cup? Mikel was probably the best CDM in the tournament. He dominated the midfield for Nigeria.
byfLuger41
AG
Yeah Kamps, I did watch him ball out in the Confederations Cup, but his inconsistency at The Chelsea is annoying. Obi seems to always have his head elsewhere and has massive turnover issues.

I know goal scoring isn't apart of his game, but I think it should be even as a CDM. Hell, Luiz scored in his first start as a CDM.

Kampfers
AG
Look at who Obi has been paired with at CDM @ Chelsea.

Lampard. Luiz. Ramieres. All attack minded players. All commonly caught forward when the opposing team breaks. Obi naturally slides into a more defensive posture to cover for them. It's basically the Geoff Cameron vs Panama role. He plays more defensive so that his partner can get up the field.

I'll give you that he's been inconsistent. But tbf, there are only about 4 guys on the roster that weren't inconsistent last year.

He might very well be on his way out though, now that Essien is back. I saw that he was linked to Galatasary a few days ago (would be another good addition to an already salty squad, imo. Don't want to see them in the CL).

[This message has been edited by Kampfers (edited 7/7/2013 11:48p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.