Chelsea 2013/14 Season Thread - Part Two

70,744 Views | 2458 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Kampfers
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If I thought Real would sell Ronaldo, I would.
byfLuger41
AG
I would puke if we signed Gonzalo Higuain. SUPER overrated and a major ****** off the pitch...he'd be a perfect fit at Arsenal.

[This message has been edited by Smith&Co1970 (edited 7/19/2013 7:12a).]
Gigem Trevas
^ Agreed.
Terk
AG
quote:
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has said in the Guardian there is "no chance" Juan Mata or David Luiz will be sold this summer.
Scriffer
AG
Gigem Trevas
The silly Gooners are supposedly trying to pursue Juan Mata. I don't think there is a shot that they will steal him away from The Chelsea. They were too cheap to buy him 2 years ago and I don't see how that will change now. It is funny considering they already have the poor mans Juan Mata in Santi Cazorla. Which is ironic cause one of my Gooner friends said Cazorla is better than Mata. Oh Arsenal.
Dre_00
There are some rumors that are just completely nonsensical and this is one of them. Unless Jose is playing games and trying to drive the price up for Mata because he really doesn't want him, I can't imagine any way this would happen. Mata is a star who plays regularly for a club that will challenge for trophies this season. Why would he want to go play for a club that, despite all of their rhetoric every July and August, seems incapable or unwilling to challenge for anything other than 4th place let alone a trophy?

Only way he goes to Arsenal is if he's had a falling out (nothing reported of that sort) or Mourinho wants to get rid of him...and that doesn't seem to be the case either.
Terk
AG
with our midfield, would you trade Mata for Rooney straight up?

i might (sorry juan!)
Gigem Trevas
No. Mata is not being traded for Rooney. It would have to be a deal that you can't say no to.
Terk
AG
I'm not asking if MU would, I'm asking if fans would.
byfLuger41
AG
Nope, Mata all day...I'd trade Obi for Rooney, though...
Kampfers
AG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSwa1xv5wYU

Bad luck as De Bruyne scores an amazing volley but lands awkwardly and picks up an injury. No word yet as to the extent.
byfLuger41
AG
That looks pretty bad!

Dirty goal though...
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
@ChelsTransfer 2m
Mourinho on KDB: "The 1st assessment is that it’s not ligaments & if it's something in the meniscus, it has to be a very small injury" #CFC
Terk
AG
Rooney is on the bus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign him up!
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Rooney is on the bus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign him up!

Nice!
byfLuger41
AG
Read that Mata is in contract negotiations with the club. Fully expect him to receive a 5 year extensive that would keep him at the Bridge until his 30th name day. Details to come!
Gigem Trevas
Don't ask me why I was on Arsenal's wiki page, but I love how Wikipedia specifies why Arsenal is in first place.
byfLuger41
AG
Wonder how long they'll stay on top of the table!
wangus12
AG
Hey, it gives us solace that we are on the top of the table for at 3 months (End of May, June, July, Beginning of August) out of the year!
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Chelsea have announced the signing of Chile Under-20 international Cristian Cuevas from O'Higgins on a five-year deal.

Completely random...anyone have intel on this kid?
Kampfers
AG
Not really, but I expect him to be loaned out ASAP.
Brick Tamland
This is what I got when I clicked on that pic from the iPhone

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=qyzfop&s=5
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
The Chelsea team is in Jakarta ahead of making history by playing the club's first-ever match in Indonesia tomorrow.

The Blues have set up camp at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, where they will take on the BNI Indonesia All-Stars in the last game of the 2013 Here to Play, Here to Stay tour of Asia at 8.30pm.

Chelsea arrived in Jakarta on Tuesday, with manager Jose Mourinho greeting the local fans by promising another entertaining fixture as he attempts to maintain his team's 100 per cent record in pre-season so far, having already beaten the Singha All-Stars 1-0 and triumphing 4-1 over a Malaysia XI.

There was good news for fans hoping to see Frank Lampard, as he returned to training in the first session in Indonesia on Tuesday, having missed the first two matches through injury, opening up the possibility of our No8 taking to the field against the BNI Indonesia All-Stars.

Lampard will certainly be eager to feature, given the incredible welcome he and his team-mates received upon their arrival from Kuala Lumpur, especially as this visit comes on the 10th birthday of Chelsea's official supporters' club in Indonesia.

The Blues can also expect strong support inside the stadium, given that we have more Facebook followers in Indonesia than anywhere else in the world, including England, and Australian international Mark Schwarzer has already told his colleagues about the country's passionate football fans.

KTBFFH!
byfLuger41
AG
Let the mind games begin! Jose Mourinho believes Manchester City are league favorites!

Man I missed this guy!
Enzo The Baker
AG

Black and Silver. Trying to decide between this one and the second kit. Leaning towards the second.
byfLuger41
AG
3rd for sure! Reminds me of the 2006 away, that is one of my most favorite kits!
Gigem Trevas
Love the black uniforms.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Is it just me or do the kits seem to fit even larger this year?
Gigem Trevas
http://deadspin.com/gonzalo-higuain-signs-with-napoli-and-now-arsenal-fc-a-916226247
byfLuger41
AG
Great read! Arsenal fans are so delusional & blinded by reality...gotta spend £££!
Gigem Trevas
I would post it on their thread, but they would not be able to admit the article is right.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
I would post it on their thread, but they would not be able to admit the article is right.

Meh, don't get Alan all puffy...they know what they are.
Gigem Trevas
I don't think they do know what they are. However Smith we do know what we are though.
Scriffer
AG
Thinking of sending that article to my boss...trying to decide if it's worth getting fired over.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.