Chelsea 2013/14 Season Thread - Part Two

72,615 Views | 2458 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Kampfers
Ziggy Sobotka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will be at Richmond Arms in a few! Chelsea!! KTBFFH!!
byfLuger41
AG
Following the thread for updates! I'm in the field today...
Brick Tamland
Recording
gougler08
AG
Damnit I forgot to record this
Scriffer
AG
Lineups:

Manchester United: De Gea; Jones, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Welbeck; Rooney, Van Persie. Subs: Lindegaard, Smalling, Buttner, Anderson, Giggs, Kagawa, Young

Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Lampard; De Bruyne, Oscar, Hazard; Schurrle. Subs: Schwarzer, Azpilicueta, Essien, Mikel, Mata, Lukaku, Torres.

Referee: Martin Atkinson.
byfLuger41
AG
Extremely interesting lineup for us!
Enzo The Baker
AG
Schurrle up front. Interesting. I wonder if we are playing with a different formation.
byfLuger41
AG
Let's do this!
byfLuger41
AG
KDB picked up a yellow, 32nd minute...
Scriffer
AG
Yeah, he had a mild retaliation when RVP hit him in the face with a flailing arm. Don't know how dirty the first hit was.
Gigem Trevas
Just got to the Internet. The Chelsea is still running a 4-2-3-1. HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gigem Trevas
Cahill with a great strike from 30 yards out saved by De Gea. £50M coming on now for KDB.
Gigem Trevas
7 minutes to play. Scoreless.
Scriffer
AG
Mikel coming on.
Gigem Trevas
Schurrle off.
Gigem Trevas
Great block by Mikel.
Gigem Trevas
Game ends 0-0.
Terk
AG
In Mourinho I trust, but no Mata again? He must be on the way out...
byfLuger41
AG
Not a bad result in my book.
AngryAG
Angry!!
Brick Tamland
AngryAg is angry
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea, Terk, it seemed we really could have used Mata in our attack today on the counters. I'm not sure why Mourinho doesn't want to use him, but you're right, it's not a good sign.
Dre_00
I'd forgotten how desperately boring Mourinho Chelsea can be (not is...can be). He played for a 0-0 from the starting whistle. 0-0 isn't a bad result for Chelsea but given the circumstances, I might have thought he would have at least attempted to go for 3 points but when he rolled out no striker, I figured that wasn't happening.
Enzo The Baker
AG
quote:
José Mourinho has challenged Wayne Rooney to go public if he still wants to leave Manchester United after admitting for the first time that he expects the striker will decide to stay at Old Trafford.

Mourinho said he would give Rooney until Wednesday at the latest to make his intentions clear or Chelsea would abandon their pursuit of the player and turn instead to another target, with Samuel Eto'o lined up as his next choice.

"The person that started the story has to finish the story," he said after Chelsea's goalless stalemate at Old Trafford. "A club like us, a manager like me, the people that work in the club with me… we are not silly to try to get a player from a big club that doesn't sell what they don't want to sell.

"We are not silly to try something if somebody didn't start it. So I think it is time for the good of everyone to finish the story. For one side, for the other side."

Asked to clarify whether he would like Rooney to state publicly if he wanted to quit United, Mourinho replied: "Yes, I would like. We are going to close another player if he is not coming.

"It depends on this [Rooney's decision]. It depends on his reaction and his feelings. If now he doesn't want to leave, we are out of the thing. But we need to know. We need to know what is happening."

Ziggy Sobotka
AG
Willian it is....
Scriffer
AG
According to The Guardian, signed Willian, still talking to Eto'o, and Mata is staying:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/28/willian-signs-chelsea-five-year-deal
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Mata is staying

Thank GOD!
Enzo The Baker
AG
Hope that's true about Mata. While KDB has shown some really good skill, I think Mata should be playing in his spot. Although I love what I've seen from Schurrle.

So I guess Willian can play the 11?

[This message has been edited by Enzo The Baker (edited 8/28/2013 9:01a).]
byfLuger41
AG
Play the 11? Oscar is number 11. Me confused.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Striker.
byfLuger41
AG
I need coffee. Brain. Fart.
Alan Johnson
AG
RA forsaking Mother Russia to make bid for Bale?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23862806
Gigem Trevas
Rumors are swirling that The Chelsea has signed Eto'o.
Gigem Trevas
The Chelsea has drawn 3rd division Swindon Town in the third round of the Capital One Cup. Also in the draw for this round is Liverpool vs Manchester United, FA Cup Final rematch in Manchester City vs Wigan Athletic, Arsenal vs WBA, Aston Villa vs Tottenham, and Fulham vs Everton.
byfLuger41
AG
So y'all think Eto'o still has it? I'm not too confident, but anything new is better than £50 at this point. Gotta roll the dice some time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.