Chelsea 2013/14 Season Thread - Part Two

70,755 Views | 2458 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Kampfers
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man we look good!
jeffk
AG
You got a mouse in your pocket there?
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
You got a mouse in your pocket there?

More like a possum!
byfLuger41
AG
So next up is AC Milan on Sunday...anyone see a match time yet?

I thought KaKu looked damn good last night. Constantly winning headers, keeping play/possession alive & just beasting out on Inter. The only issue I have with his play from last night was trying to be cute too often. Hopefully JM breaks him of that before Hull...

The foul on JT was complete BS & warranted a red card. Pretty terrible for a friendly, but a typical Italian move nonetheless.

Oscar's goal was just flat out nails. The dude is "cooler than the other side of the pillow" as one poster has said before...

Overall, my raging semi from last night's game is clearly still alive. Hopefully we can continue the success and win "a trophy" before the EPL takes off.

Post Script: £50 showed some rarity last night as well; he looked good!

KTBFFH!
Scriffer
AG
Couple highlights from last night:

http://football-talk.co.uk/81478/video-goals-chelsea-2-0-inter-milan-oscar-stunner-eases-blues-past-inter/
Gigem Trevas
The Chelsea looked solid.
Enzo The Baker
Gigem Trevas
Smithie espn.com is showing The Chelsea's game on Sunday is at 5:30 central.
byfLuger41
AG
Nice. I'm in Goliad for a wedding so that gives plenty of time to get back!
byfLuger41
AG
Game day fools!
Kampfers
AG
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-submit-manchester-united-2121638
byfLuger41
AG
Wanttttttttt!
Enzo The Baker
AG
Just ordered by Mata third kit!
Gigem Trevas
Oscar with a laser just over.
Gigem Trevas
Hazard with a dirty pass for De Bruyne. 1 0 The Chelsea.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Man Hazard and Oscar work so well together. Good to see KDB get one.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Good first half. Ivanovic looks terrific. Ba looks awful. Definitely don't think he's our answer up front.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Ahhhh. Mata should have set it up for Torres. That would have been an easy one.
Gigem Trevas
Just saw Eva on the bench.
Gigem Trevas
£50 falls down and still makes a great run into the box.
Gigem Trevas
Wow. What a goal. 2 0 The Chelsea.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Sie German!
Enzo The Baker
AG
Moses and Ramires look great. Our midfield is ridiculously deep.
byfLuger41
AG
Kinda sloppy, but pulled it out in the end. Man that little glimpse of Eva was nice, needed that.

£50 looked great....KTBFFH!
Enzo The Baker
AG
quote:
Manchester United have confirmed a second bid from Chelsea for striker Wayne Rooney has been rejected.

Rooney, 27, is the number one transfer target for returning Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho but he has seen his latest offer, believed to be in the region of £30 million, knocked back.

Kampfers
AG
There's no way this ends badly for us. People keep saying "there's no way united sells to a rival" and "he's worth at least as much as Torres, plus some because he's English", but the hand is clearly stacked against Man U at the negotiating table.

if Rooney hands in a transfer request (as he is widely expected to do), all the pieces will fall into place. Man U can try and force him to play out his contract, but I doubt they really want a locker room cancer the size of Rooney there this season.

remember how Lampard , Drogba, and Terry basically shuttered the careers of a few managers at Chelsea? The last thing Man U wants is one of their biggest figures to divide the locker room against the team/manager in a similar fashion.

It might drag out until deadline day, but as long as he turns in a transfer request, I have an extremely hard time seeing him in Manchester United colors next season.
Dre_00
There is another option...just not sell him to you.
Dre_00
And yes, it's definitely in the realm of possibility that this actually happens at some point this month however if there's one club with the balls to keep this up, it's United...especially if SAF is involved in any way.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
There is another option...just not sell him to you.

Oh certainly, but Rooney holds a fair bit of leverage as regards his destination. He could refuse to negotiate with other teams. Plus, it's hard to find clubs with pocketbooks the size of Chelsea's and ambitions to match.

In the end, though, still good for Chelsea. If Man U holds on to a disgruntled Rooney, then you have dressing room discord at one of the chief title contenders. If they sell him elsewhere, you've substantially weakened a rival and removed a fantastic striker from the EPL. And if he signs for Chelsea, it goes without saying.

The only way there isn't a positive ending for Chelsea is if Rooney has some sort of "come to Jesus" moment and decides he loves Man U and recommits himself entirely to that cause. But even then, you're just looking at status quo rather than a negative effect.

[This message has been edited by Kampfers (edited 8/5/2013 11:13a).]
Dre_00
Meh, I think you're overstating it a bit. I'm not worried. It could turn out badly for United but there's absolutely no guarantee that it will. If Rooney stays, I'm not terribly concerned about the harmony, or lack thereof, in the locker room. The way United is run, the veterans on the coaching staff and locker room, and the fact that I imagine that many of the players are just as tired of his crap (I mean he just did this 3 years ago too) should limit any discontent. If he leaves, yes that's obviously a hit to the talent on the team but easily reversible if you bring in some quality talent.
byfLuger41
AG
Everyone go vote down the other thread so it will die...

Best -

AGS
Gigem Trevas
Already done.
byfLuger41
AG
Thanks Trevas!

We should play FIFA soon, versus of course...
Gigem Trevas
I was wondering if you ever were gonna play. I hate to disappoint though, but I am not very good with The Chelsea. Did a little work in Pro Clubs last night winning EA Cup, Continental Cup, and the Premier Cup.
Enzo The Baker
AG
You guys play PS3?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.