Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Alcoholics Anonymous

261,132 Views | 1146 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by fc2112
14Clubs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Like you said, you are just going to have to make it a priority. You might have to drastically change your schedule around so you can get to meetings. I would second asking your husband for help in his schedule as well, too, because it sounds like that is eliminating 5-6 days a week. It is a family disease whether it is accepted that way or not.

I would look for a Zoom meeting. It doesn't have to be in your area since it's Zoom. Some are good, some not as much. Find one or two or three you like and make it a priority. You might be able to find one early in the morning before everyone else is up or later in the evening after things have settled down. Or maybe over lunch hour. Much of the world has the same obligations as you with regarding family and work, and they seem to work to accommodate those conflicts accordingly.

Also, I would download speakers off the web. There is an ocean of content out there. xa-speakers.org and recoveryaudio.org are a couple I use and there are many more. The Joe and Charlie Big Book Study is great! Tom B Jr, Earl H, Father Tom W, Bob D, are some of my favorite speakers off the top of my head. Some are serious, some are funny, and they are all recovery related. I have downloaded a bunch and listen to them in the car when I am driving around on errands or wherever. It's on demand so it's on your schedule.
aggiejim70
AG
Listen to this learned man, he knows of what he speaks.

By the way, we may have a guest speaker Thursday 11/18. Everybody is welcome, come join us.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4922070133?pwd=QmRNQmI2NndFc0h4TmJaZXF3d3lqQT09
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
i is smart
AG
I know this is about AA, but have y'all had your testosterone levels tested? I started TRT therapy 2.5 months ago and its been a godsend. Not a silver bullet, but it has helped immensely. I don't have any issues with needles and I'm able to inject myself at home.
ptothemo
AG
So random that you would choose this thread for that, but I'm just going to do the neighborly thing and tell you that there is a 100-post thread on that very subject about seven or eight threads down from here. Try that.
NWE
AG
56 days in and many aspects of my life are better. I've overcome social situations with friends, business conferences, and small business dinners. Each event I get more confident in my own skin (being able to say "club soda with a lime please"). No hangovers, no second guessing if I said or did something inappropriate the night before.

Cheers

pinkdog
Congratulations to you! I know the feeling.

Today is 90 days for me and the biggest feeling that just keeps coming to mind for me today is freedom. I just feel free from some sort of bondage I was in. As they say "freedom isn't free". It has to be protected and worked for. And it has been more than worth it to have this freedom. Take care, ags and thank you to those who have helped me along the way.
aggiejim70
AG
Congratulations Pink. Go pick up your 90 day chip at your home group and we'll see you get a cyber one next Sunday.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Gabster43213
Pink,

Congratulations on your continued success ! We are both getting closer to the 100 day mark !
ptothemo
AG
Quick programming note that we will not be meeting this Thursday evening and will pick back up Sunday at 7:00.

Everyone have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Tumble Weed
7 months and 5 days so far.

Tomorrow will be my first sober Thanksgiving in a long time. Really used alcohol to grease the skids when dealing with my sister in law as she is much less irritating when I am about half a bottle in. The holidays present unique challenges but it will be nice to not have to pretend to be sober.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Heading in for detox and therapy/recovery stay this coming Monday the 29th. Prayers and well wishes please. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I will post when I return. Going off the grid. I hear it wont be easy. I will prevail!
NWE
AG
Praying. Keep fighting the good fight!
aggiejim70
AG
All the best to you as you start your journey down the road of happy destiny. Come join your fellow Aggies in recovery Sunday at 7.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4922070133?pwd=QmRNQmI2NndFc0h4TmJaZXF3d3lqQT09

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
pinkdog
Good for you! I know it's hard, but it takes a lot of courage to go inpatient and worth it for your well being. Prayers.
Gabster43213
Na Z 87,

Good luck and best wishes.

You can do it, and many of us here are in your corner.

Keep the faith !!!
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Thanks!
Gabster43213
Hit 100 days yesterday. Other than associated surgeries, I feel so much better than the beginning of my journey.
aggiejim70
AG
Heard an interesting point of view on line last night.

If you're an alcoholic, you have a hard choice to make. Give up everything to keep one thing, or give up one thing to keep everything.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
RickSawyer
AG
aggiejim70 said:

Heard an interesting point of view on line last night.

If you're an alcoholic, you have a hard choice to make. Give up everything to keep one thing, or give up one thing to keep everything.

I really like that Jim, thank you for sharing. 2,273 days here. Glad I gave up that one thing, thankful for A LOT of things!!!
pinkdog
Congratulations!!!!
NWE
AG
Thanks for sharing this. Very cool.

I typically think of "giving up many things for one thing" like the guy who has to have a drink every morning and his family leaves him because he's violent, etc. but what I'm learning is even people who are functioning alcoholics make choices that cause them to miss so much. When your mind is clear from having to involve alcohol into every social situation, you can truly enjoy the company of others in a more rich way. Just something I've learned on my 65 day journey so far. Y'all keep it up and keep posting here - I enjoy hearing from y'all.
Gabster43213
If I am correct, we have a contributor to this Forum who celebrated triple digits earlier this week.

Congratulations, Pinkdog !!!!
pinkdog
Thank you so much. It is a good feeling to have. I need that in my times of feeling sick/achy after my Covid booster. Lord. This endless cough/cold season. I found a new drink! I love the Starbucks "medicine ball" tea. I need to figure out how to make it at home.
NWE
AG
Medicine ball is so good!
aglaw01
AG
Does anyone here happen to attend the AA meetings at Lakewood Methodist Church on Abrams Road in Dallas?
aggiejim70
AG
As a matter of fact, I think there is. Scroll back several posts and I think you'll find him.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
14Clubs
Aglaw, I go to Lakewood occasionally. Usually the Friday night meeting. It is a great group.
aggiejim70
AG
For any of you in recovery and worried about your recovery versus your family, business, or social obligations this time of year, let me suggest a trip down highway 101 in the Big Book. Start with the last paragraph on page 100 and read through the middle of page 102. After reading, remember, the founders put that little jewel at the tail end of the chapter on the 12th step, not on on some page in the thirties.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
pinkdog
Good read. Still trying to figure out what "an ordinary whoopee party" is.

If I don't drink and don't die then 4 months here. Merry Christmas Eve Eve.
Gabster43213
Congrats, Pink !!!!!!!
Na Zdraví 87
AG
I got out of residential today!
Gabster43213
Congratulations, Na Z. How are you feeling ???
pinkdog
Congratulations! Merry Christmas.
14Clubs
Na, congratulations!

I encourage you to start going to meetings ASAP. I am headed to one myself here in an hour. Family can have the other 23 hours of Christmas!
RickSawyer
AG
Merry Christmas guys. Here is to being present today and finding peace and joy within ourselves. Love to all, especially those who are struggling through the holidays, from the Sawyer family.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.