Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

509,674 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Stewade
aggieparent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Anyone know what is being built near the LaQuinta south of Kroger (on Rock Prairie)?
Are you talking about the Sleep Inn just the next lot over to the South?
I guess I am, but didn't know it. It looks like a hotel, but it's very close to LaQuinta. I thought if it was a hotel, it would be in partnership with them due to proximity. Thanks.
FlyRod
Tai Lee has taken over ownership of Madden's. Glad they won't be closing.
Tailgate88
AG
What kind of restaurant is Tai going to open there?
FlyRod
It will be the same Madden's, with a few changes.

There is a story about it in Brazos Valley Insight magazine.

Second Mad Taco going in down by William Fitch, too. Which would make it the best place to eat in that area, far and away.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
Second Mad Taco going in down by William Fitch, too. Which would make it the best place to eat in that area, far and away.
Now THAT is some good news!!!!!!
jja79
AG
I tried Mad Taco and thought they were very good but they're miniature.
dave99ag
AG
Try the pizzas at Mad Taco. Rarely do we get tacos there.
FlyRod
NM.
eloc62
if Mad Taco wouldn't put cilantro on everything, i would eat there, 'cause i love everything 'bout tacos. just can't do cilantro. sorry.
Cyp011
AG
Have you ever asked to "hold the cilantro"
BCStalk
Shhh. Why would you even suggest this. Isn't it busy enough without you pointing out obvious things like this. Shame on you.
ChampsAg
The pizzas are pretty darn good! Kids love them!

Wife and I are pretty excited about this.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
Shhh. Why would you even suggest this. Isn't it busy enough without you pointing out obvious things like this. Shame on you.

I never knew. Thanks y'all
Tailgate88
AG
Regarding Tai taking over at Madden's:

http://www.insitebrazosvalley.com/lifestyle/food-fun/cheers-in-the-new-year-all-things-old-with-something-new-at-maddens/
Stupe
S
quote:
quote:
Exxon at corner of RP and 6 closed. All taped off last night.
Kroger purchased it. Will be a Kroger fuel center.
That was a franchised location. Somebody got paid!
AgsWin2011
AG
Don't get how you can't love cilantro. It gives it that good authentic taste!
eloc62
quote:
Don't get how you can't love cilantro. It gives it that good authentic taste!
It tastes like soap to me. there are lots of people who love cilantro, but also lots who hate it. there is no middle ground on cilantro. you either love it or hate it. I'm pretty sure there is a food out there that you don't like that I love!
dgonzo99
Gordon's Jewelers in Post Oak Mall is now closed. Noticed that there are around 10 vacancies in the mall. The shelves at Sears are just about empty. Is it next? What is going on at the mall? Hadn't been there in months. Last time I was there, there seem to be more stores in business.
BCStalk
Rent to sales ratio is terrible from what I hear.
carpe vinum
AG
Malls have been a dead business model for a long time. Major rework or doom is the future there.
war hymn aggie
AG
Internet-based shopping has killed a lot of brick & mortar stores & especially the ones in malls.
carpe vinum
AG
I went to the mall for the first time in a few years for a specific Christmas present. They didn't carry it at Macy's or Dillards. Ordered it online, received in 2 days free shipping. It's dead.
ChampsAg
At Grapevine Mills Mall today. Packed. It's Bryan/College Station. Having worked in Post Oak Mall for 10 years, it had dies out considerably since I started.
ChampsAg
Double post.
rcannaday
AG
That mall has had no reinvestment into it in a along time.
ChampsAg
Don't forget the new floors and seating areas
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
At Grapevine Mills Mall today. Packed. It's Bryan/College Station.

Isn't that an outlet mall? They generally do better than regular malls these days.
halibut sinclair
quote:
That mall has had no reinvestment into it in a along time.
The mall entrances and the entire interior were remodeled a few years ago.
AgFan1999
AG
Don't you dare go introducing facts into the discussion!
Aggie Network
Sponsor
AG
Just got a press release that Wayback Burgers is opening a location in "spring 2016" at 1502 S. Texas, which would put it next door to the Jack in the Box, I think. I know nothing about them, but this is from the release:

quote:
1,800 square-foot design, featuring a warm red barn board interior with white and stainless steel accents, modeled after the great American roadside burger joint.

quote:

...owned and operated by local franchisee, Chuck (Texas A&M Class of '96) and Michele Wilson (Texas A&M Class of '01) ... offers hand-made burgers, cooked to order, available as a single, classic double, triple and triple triple (nine) patty, and rich, thick milkshakes made the old-fashioned way by hand, using only fresh milk and hand-dipped ice cream, served in an environment that hearkens back to a simpler place and time when "customer service" meant something and everyone felt the warmth of the community. Going "way" beyond the burger, Wayback Burgers offers crispy and grilled chicken sandwiches, veggie burgers, turkey burgers, fresh salads and delicious sides, including fries, onion rings, home-style chili and house-made chips.

-scot
PS3D
Probably inside the renovated space from the renovated Aggieland Inn lobby.
MiMi
S
Not sure if already posted. Noticed that Pings is gone and a Jins Cafe sign is up. It is in Culpepper Plaza next to the AT&T store.
Fletch_F_Fletch
AG
Malls are not a dead format. The location and layout of Post Oak Mall just hurts them in terms of traffic. Wish they had gone and added additional restaurant pads around the periphery when they added BJ's and Chuy's.

Put a Starbucks in the mall, add some actually interesting stores, and it might be saved.
BCStalk
quote:
Malls are not a dead format. The location and layout of Post Oak Mall just hurts them in terms of traffic. Wish they had gone and added additional restaurant pads around the periphery when they added BJ's and Chuy's.

Put a Starbucks in the mall, add some actually interesting stores, and it might be saved.

Like the Lego store?
ChampsAg
Went to Legoland Monday. Kids had an absolute blast. Would do great here. But that's a pipe dream.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.