Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

502,809 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
mason12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A car wash is going in behind the new Shipley on Greensprairie. It is just a steal structure right now.
C XX I
I'm glad they got a good deal on it, but I don't feel comfortable having thieves wash my car.
southerner
AG
quote:
I'm glad they got a good deal on it, but I don't feel comfortable having thieves wash my car.

POTY!
DontBeTriggered
What's going on with Lululemon? Is it here? If so where?
fcag
AG
quote:
What's going on with Lululemon? Is it here? If so where?

They are in the Woodstone Shopping Center behind Mugwalls.
dgonzo99
Baymont Inns and Suites in now open in Bryan. A Bush's Chicken is coming soon in the same area. Also another hotel is to be built in the area along with a convenience store/gas station.
texasaggie04
AG
Sorry if it's been discussed, but I didn't see it on the front page.
Bourbon & BBQ will be opening in Downtown Bryan over next to the Queen. It's owned by the Paddock Lane / Tipsy Turtle / Proudest Monkey folks.
dgonzo99
quote:
Sorry if it's been discussed, but I didn't see it on the front page.
Bourbon & BBQ will be opening in Downtown Bryan over next to the Queen. It's owned by the Paddock Lane / Tipsy Turtle / Proudest Monkey folks.
It should be good. They have done an excellent job on all their other bars/restaurants! Also, Ed's Bookshop is going in across the street from Bourbon & BBQ.
Aggie
AG
quote:
An employee told me they start work there next week. I suppose it could be training type stuff but I don't think so.

Laynes training .. Lol
redd38
AG
New Layne's is open today.
James Russell
AG
New Stripes at College Ave. & Carson opens 10/30 per sign on the door.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Any free stuff at laynes today?
mAgnoliAg
AG
I'm here at the new laynes now. Looks pretty cool inside. A little small but probably big enough for the area.
PS3D
New Development indicates some sort of new "Clinic" coming next to BCS Asian Market.
carpe vinum
AG
Yeah, I saw that and was wondering if it was another S&W, Med, St-Jo spin off or independent group. S&W, Med, St-Jo tend to build to suit. So I assume independent.
AggiePirate
AG
New (24/7) Stripes on Booneville and Copperfield Dr. opened much to my delight today. I await a review from his majesty. Sorry Bigs, T&P/RIP.
Scotch
AG
Boonville
beebeegee
AG
Was sad to see last weekend that the Pita Pit on Northgate got bought up by Corner. That place was always empty it seemed like but **** if their **** wasn't awesome.
C XX I
That pita pit was closed/occasionally closed long before The Corner got involved. Same with Potato Shack (moved to the old Burger Boy location next to the parking garage).
thefarcus
I wonder if the grease tastes old already?
BryanPooch
Lanna Thai is closed. It's furniture is piled up and its telephone disconnected.
budah
Anyone know what is going up at the end of the Wheeler Ridge Subdivision on the corner of Boonville and Briarcrest?
bcstx06

Huge new apartment development going up off of Welborn Road called Sterling Northgate. This development will be in both Bryan and College Station city limits and have retail on the first floor on the College Station side. The College Station side will be 7 stories with a 8 story parking garage and the Bryan side will be 3 stories of apartments with bridges that cross the street to the College Station side of the development.

I wonder how this whole development will work being in two different cities. Happy to see this development, wish they had made the Bryan side as many stories as the College Station side and with retail as well.
Article Link
City of Bryan Site Plan PDF
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
with bridges that cross the street to the College Station side
and a toll booth
bcstx06
quote:
quote:
with bridges that cross the street to the College Station side
and a toll booth
LOL maybe so.
redd38
AG
quote:

I wonder how this whole development will work being in two different cities. Happy to see this development, wish they had made the Bryan side as many stories as the College Station side and with retail as well.

Looks like it's essentially two complexes owned by the same company that share a name and a parking garage.
OnlyANobody
And higher rent and utilities for the retailers because they're on the CS side.
Cyp011
AG
Bryan showing its worth to developers
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
And higher rent and utilities for the retailers because they're on the CS side.
....but lower crime, amirite?

(Obvious troll is obvious...)
Scotch
AG
I am glad they bulldozed some of the slums on the College Station side, from A&M you had to pass through them to get to higher quality apartments in Bryan.
OnlyANobody
Right. You're right.
dgonzo99
The first phase of the Edgewater housing addition in West Bryan is now open.
Pale Rider
AG
New Laynes open yet? Can't find any information online.
PS3D
According to this thread, it opened like two weeks ago
Pale Rider
AG
Guess I'll drive over there an find out. Haven't been able to even find a phone number to call!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.