Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

510,326 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Stewade
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why would you tell the manager that his food sucks? Not going back is the correct action.

If something is wrong then talk to the manager, if you just don't like the food then just don't go back.
halibut sinclair
quote:
Why would you tell the manager that his food sucks? Not going back is the correct action.

If something is wrong then talk to the manager, if you just don't like the food then just don't go back.
He went back two more times. He should have talked to the manager.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
M Beaux's is great stuff. It's gotten good reviews here and has 4 stars on all the review sites. Try the M Beaux Platter or the DC Platter or the Big Brother Special. The Remnant is good if you want your cajun food to go. I'd rather sit down and enjoy mine with a nice cold one.

I'm not a fan of how they dip the fried fish in tepid dishwater just before serving. It's limp and tasteless. Tried them 3 times, won't make that mistake again.
Well, they're not in BCS, so it's a useless side conversation anyway.
halibut sinclair
redd38
AG
quote:
quote:

He went back two more times. He should have talked to the manager.

Giving it a second try seems normal, still no reason to talk to the manager. The third trip was a mistake, he should not have gone after the first two.

What do you expect the manager to do after he tells him that he doesn't like his food?
mgreen
quote:
quote:
M Beaux's is great stuff. It's gotten good reviews here and has 4 stars on all the review sites. Try the M Beaux Platter or the DC Platter or the Big Brother Special. The Remnant is good if you want your cajun food to go. I'd rather sit down and enjoy mine with a nice cold one.

I'm not a fan of how they dip the fried fish in tepid dishwater just before serving. It's limp and tasteless. Tried them 3 times, won't make that mistake again.
Born and raised in New Orleans and this is where I take my Cajun family when in town. I have no idea what you are talking about. The food is great.
halibut sinclair
quote:

What do you expect the manager to do after he tells him that he doesn't like his food?
He should tell the guy to pound pavement.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
tepid dishwater
jja79
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Born and raised in New Orleans and this is where I take my Cajun family when in town. I have no idea what you are talking about. The food is great.

Miss have gone on 3 bad days. Cajun who insisted on the third trip laughed his ass off.

This is why places like Long John Silver, Taco Bell, etc exist. Lots of people don't have high expectations.

Anyway you guys enjpy. It was unrecognizable compared to anything I've had in NOLA or Baton Rouge.
PS3D
Something's coming in the old Casa Rod Express, "_______ & Kolaches" coming soon or something like that
deh40
AG
What's happening at the old Aggieland Inn? They started tearing down the carport attached to where you used to enter the lobby.
techno-ag
AG
The Eagle reports Bryan based FarrowMed, maker of the FarrowWrap compression stocking, has been bought out by North Carolina based BSN Medical.
PS3D
...so they'll close the plant further down the line?
techno-ag
AG
quote:
...so they'll close the plant further down the line?
Article says they're continuing production here.
halibut sinclair
quote:
The Eagle reports Bryan based FarrowMed, maker of the FarrowWrap compression stocking, has been bought out by North Carolina based BSN Medical.
That's tight.
Scotch
AG
Dr. Farrow is an awesome dude.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Somerville Steakhouse is closed? Since when?
BQ_90
AG
Just saw this morning, the Hastings in College Station is closing in August.
PS3D
quote:
Just saw this morning, the Hastings in College Station is closing in August.
Non-renewal of lease or bigger corporate issue? Will it reopen in a new location?
BQ_90
AG
Nationwide store closings is what I was told. Not the entire chain but several stores are going to be closed
CN
I used to go there all the time to buy music and rent movies when it was in Culpepper Plaza. Haven't stepped foot in there in a long long time.
TxAggies2012
They gonna have any kind of liquidation sale, or simply close and ship their products to other stores that will remain open?
australopithecus robustus
It will be Havertys furniture
thar_ag
Banner outside Hastings says something along the lines of "everything must go".
Stewade
Staff
AG
New Layne's signage is up.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Banner outside Hastings says something along the lines of "everything must go".
Yay! Now I can stock up on all my favorite VHS tapes from the 90's!
toolshed
AG
There's a new Thai food restaurant sign up on Freedom Boulevard in Bryan where Dragon One once was, opposite end of Flip n Peel.
AggiePhil
AG
quote:

Cool! Where's it located?
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
quote:

Cool! Where's it located?
next to rattlers on fitch
techno-ag
AG
quote:
There's a new Thai food restaurant sign up on Freedom Boulevard in Bryan where Dragon One once was, opposite end of Flip n Peel.
Seems like lots of restaurants come and go there. Maybe this one will stay like Chick Fil A across the street, or the Sonic next door.
aggiepm
AG
Job Postings for LuLuLemon in college station!
http://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=604ca8ed45f1d0e1&from=serp
Finding X
Tea 2 Go is building out a location on Fitch next to Mathnasium.
http://www.tea2go.us/

In looking over their site... I never realized there were that many varieties of tea!
war hymn aggie
AG
not sure if it's been mentioned but there is a sushi bar & grill under construction next to Leslie's Pool supply on Harvey Road.
PS3D
quote:
Job Postings for LuLuLemon in college station!
http://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=604ca8ed45f1d0e1&from=serp

I'd be surprised if it was in the mall. Honest guess? Former Coldwater Creek.
Bunk Moreland
I thought it was going in the Northpoint crossing or whatever the housing/retail development at Texas and university is called

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.