Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

509,675 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Stewade
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^ Welcome to March 2014!
PS3D
CSTX New Development confirms Holleman Exxon to be future Stripes.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
A giant new neighborhood will replace Texas World Speedway
and south CS will get even fatter. Y'all are going to love the traffic down there in a few years.
Spyderman
AG
More reason to put in CS's 2nd DQ in that area. Maybe at the corner of Deer Park Drive and sh6 access road???
techno-ag
AG
Keep up your noble efforts for a south DQ, Spydie.
UmustBKidding
Think you are confused, it not a neighborhood its a SlumDivision. College Station is on pace to win the race to the bottom. While Bryan is building like crazy in the BioCorridor, Traditions & Miramont, College Station is out Annexing south of Wellborn and will Annex the race track once it MUD is formed, so the developers can build on slums on 1/3 and 1/4 acre lots. At CS informational meeting in the Wellborn area the Planning director was all proud that they were facilitating a developer to build tract houses where currently all the housing in the proposed annex area are on at least one acre lots.

Scotch
AG
shhh, don't ruin a good thing.
cledus6150
AG
Dum dum dum, before they can build in the area of the race track they have to have an endangered species report. I know for a fact that there is a site very close to that area that has had over 700 recorded NLT's.
sawemoff94
AG
IMO BCS really needs another family fun center ala Dave & Busters or Main Event. Even another Gatti Town would be great for kids birthday parties. All we have is one such business and it's always packed on weekends.

Thoughts or rumors?
dgonzo99
quote:
IMO BCS really needs another family fun center ala Dave & Busters or Main Event. Even another Gatti Town would be great for kids birthday parties. All we have is one such business and it's always packed on weekends.

Thoughts or rumors?
Gatti Town was here. Did a great business on Briarcrest, then moved next to Hastings in CS. After that it seemed to go down the drain. Bad management. As far as Dave and Busters, i emailed the company several years ago. They said that they only went into large metropolitan areas with a population of at least 500,000. That's why you only see them in huge cities.
dgonzo99
Looks like utilities are being installed for the Atlas Center in back of Traditions in Bryan.
bcstx06
Was just about to ask what is happening with Atlas. Its been a year since it was announced and we have not heard anything since. These are exciting times for Bryan, but we always want more! The area near the new Wal-Mart needs more restaurants and retail.
dgonzo99
quote:
Was just about to ask what is happening with Atlas. Its been a year since it was announced and we have not heard anything since. These are exciting times for Bryan, but we always want more! The area near the new Wal-Mart needs more restaurants and retail.
I totally agree. We need more restaurants on the west side. I work on that side of town. I would like to see something like a Sports Authority and a Container Store. And a Walgreens.
Kate Beckett
AG
Yup they've been working on Atlas for a month or so now. Lots of rock trucks going in and out by our complex (Hawthorne at Traditions which used to be Legacy). I too want more food options out by us since if I go by a drive thru and get something, it's darn near cold by the time I get home.
PS3D
Texas AggieLand Bookstore near CS Target is closing. No idea on the Northgate location.
himynameismattd
Went by Inspirations in Post Oak Mall today. They are closing soon and doing their clearance sale now.
dgonzo99
quote:
Went by Inspirations in Post Oak Mall today. They are closing soon and doing their clearance sale now.
Is that the shirt store?
himynameismattd
Yup. It's the one just past the food court entrance.
Anna Molly
quote:
quote:
Is that the shirt store?
There is no store called Inspirations in the mall anymore. That closed a year or more ago. There also isn't a mall entrance at the food court. What store are you talking about?
himynameismattd
Just checked the receipt. It is the old Inspirations, but it was renamed "Howdy!" for some reason by AO.
redd38
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Is that the shirt store?
There is no store called Inspirations in the mall anymore. That closed a year or more ago. There also isn't a mall entrance at the food court. What store are you talking about?

There IS an entrance to the food court though.
PS3D
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Is that the shirt store?

There IS an entrance to the food court though.

Sorry, service corridors don't count.
Scotch
AG
I read it as entrance to the food court from the mall.
PS3D
quote:
I read it as entrance to the food court from the mall.

Ah.
DontBeTriggered
BEST NEW PIZZA PLACE! Glad to have such a phenomenal new place! Marcos Pizza was unbelievably amazing! See my review in the food forum.
PS3D
Bush's Chicken restaurant coming to Tower Point.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
Bush's Chicken restaurant coming to Tower Point.
PS3D
It's true, check the CoCS New Development list.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
I continue to find it hard to believe a Starbuckks type coffee place has yet to announce for Tower Point.
dfphotos
Bushs >>>>>>> Express
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I continue to find it hard to believe a Starbuckks type coffee place has yet to announce for Tower Point.
It would make bank. The southies would love it.
FlyRod
Banks in Southie.
delta-lima88
AG
Bush's same one in Brenham???
FAIL!

BBQ needed at Tower Point then you have BANK
lockett93
AG
Bike Barn coming this summer next to Copy Corner according to Copy Corner Facebook page. Current TX Aggie Bookstore location.
FlyRod
The building where El Pollo Rico in Bryan was has just been re-painted a bright red. No idea what's coming there, but looks like a new restaurant.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.