Outdoors
Sponsored by

2020 Western States Draw Deadlines

107,671 Views | 1154 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by lazuras_dc
shaynew1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NM results out
AgEng06
AG
Booooo
txagfisher
AG
Drew elk for NM!
arrow
AG
All red in NM once again. I'm not even mad...Montana loves me.
BullSprig07
AG
When do I get my participation refund?
Log
AG
Drew rifle antelope in Unit 47. First time for rifle after years of applying. Struck out on everything else.
aggie_2010
AG
Struck out on NM draw.
LEJ
LEJ
Hey NM,

Do the letters FO mean anything to ya?

Hello Arizona, I've been missing you. Let's get back together... for old times sake.
harge57
AG
Mostly red for everyone I know.

My brother drew 47 antelope and Oryx.
Log
AG
harge57 said:

Small world. Is he a resident? Which season?
Shes2fat4me
AG
Drew NM desert deer first rifle
AgEng06
AG
Nice. Does NM have Coues in any numbers, or just muleys?
bigF
AG
All RED
Shes2fat4me
AG
I don't know of any coues deer but I have only hunted the southeast corner units. They do list them in the southwest corner units.
LEJ
What unit brochacho?
BackPocket
No luck in NM. On to waiting for UT draw, then deciding about NR goat in WY.
Shes2fat4me
AG
Will be in unit 30
LEJ
Good luck. That was my 3rd choice for archery mules. Drew that tag a few years ago.
harge57
AG
Log said:

harge57 said:

Small world. Is he a resident? Which season?

Non resident 8/15 I think.
Log
AG
Cool, I'm second rifle.
aggie_2010
AG
Does anyone know if you can return a CO tag from the second draw for reimbursement without losing preference points? I know you have to choose points or money when returning tags from the primary draw, but don't know if they will treat secondary draw tags differently. I may apply in WY simultaneously, but hoping I can return the CO secondary draw tag in the unlikely scenario I draw in each state.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Second choice or leftover? I didn't think either used a point?
aggie_2010
AG
I will be applying for the CO second draw. I know you don't burn points if you draw a tag in the secondary draw, but do you lose points you've accumulated if you return the secondary tag prior to the season for a reimbursement of the cost for the tag?
aggie_2010
AG
I just realized the WY results will be available before the CO second draw deadline. Looks like I won't have to worry about returning a CO second draw tag anyways.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I can't imagine they'd take your unused points in exchange for a license refund. The question i usually hear is if you can get your points back when you used them to draw a license you decided you didn't want
agenjake
So who all is drawing for Wyoming antelope and/or mule deer? We should be in pretty good shape to draw deer region J and then one of the antelope units around Laramie based on our points. We are aiming for good draw odds and decent hunter success rate, as opposed to the very low draw odd units.
BradMtn346
aggie_2010 said:

I will be applying for the CO second draw. I know you don't burn points if you draw a tag in the secondary draw, but do you lose points you've accumulated if you return the secondary tag prior to the season for a reimbursement of the cost for the tag?

The second draw does not use or generate points. You will not use any of you draw. Getting a refund does not cause you to loose points. They changed the rules for getting a refund, so I'd advise you reread that section. I don't know it off of the top of my head.
cupofjoe04
AG
Got to take 2 of my of my kiddos out turkey hunting. We had the privilege of watching a herd of 10-12 cows working across the river. I let them terrorize trees and bushes when the sling shot. Not bad scenery for an evening sit. Good memories.

Fall can't come quick enough!!!

(This isn't where we sat, but our view was about the same, just higher and with more trees)
LEJ
What's the snowmelt situation lookin like there in Pagosa?
cupofjoe04
AG
LEJ said:

What's the snowmelt situation lookin like there in Pagosa?

Still clinging on at higher elevations, but reducing every day. Yesterday we found a few small patches in highly shaded spots- same elevation as Williams Creek Res. We had good snow early in the winter- then someone turned the spigot off in Jan. We got very little late in the season (when we normally get a to ), and have had a VERY dry spring. Unless the summer rains come early and about 3x harder than normal, we are in for another dry dangerous summer.

Grasses already sprouted and being browsed at anything below 8K'. Oak brush hasn't waken up yet, as nights are still near freezing.
AggieMPH2005
I put in for Montana Moose today, not expecting to draw but am starting to build my points.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I got popped with the charge for my CO Bighorn point today but am waiting on a pronghorn tag draw. Will that be announced separate from the preference point?
stdeb11
AG
Yes. Sheep/goat are today. The rest of CO species will be June 1-5 for draw dates.
LEJ
Nevada due on May 4 (extended)

When does NM refund?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.