Outdoors
Sponsored by

2020 Western States Draw Deadlines

106,752 Views | 1154 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by lazuras_dc
BullSprig07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Applied my dad for Wyoming deer, should draw no problem. Be hunting on a ranch outside Sheridan.
meggy09
AG
Sounds like CO bear is hitting today, not same order as last year.
harge57
AG
Did WY special draw for region H deer with 3 points. Will be my only tag this year.
Blue Duck
AG
Colorado Bear tag just hit the bank account! Looks like I'll be headed west again this year!!!
arrow
AG
Colorado early season rifle bear for me again. I'm not sure I'll make this hunt.

Good luck everyone in the Colo draw!
mneisch
AG
They normally draw one species per day, is that correct? Can't remember from past years exactly how they go,
AgEng06
AG
I saw some chatter on Rokslide that people are getting hit for moose today as well (more this afternoon). But sentiment still seems that elk will be Wednesday.
mneisch
AG
I don't care about no stinking elk. Give me mule deer.
stdeb11
AG
Didn't draw CO bear so this will be the year I finally have one in bow range...see what pops up on re-issue
AgEng06
AG
mneisch said:

I don't care about no stinking elk. Give me mule deer.
Fair enough.
FrontPorchAg
Put in for Mule Deer, Antelope, and Turkey. Who else put in for Wyoming today?
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
cupofjoe04
AG
I was driving, so I couldn't get a pic- but I saw my first monster bear of the year today. Biggest cinnamon I've ever seen, just sitting on a shady hillside on his butt, staring at the cars going by. Midtown Pagosa Springs CO.

That dude didn't give one flip...
Trigger06
AG
AZ deer draw applications are due June 9th.
aggie_2010
AG
Put in for Wyoming region J mule deer.
agenjake
I am also in for Region J mule deer. And unit 103 antelope.

From what state will you be traveling?
aggie_2010
AG
We'll be leaving from Arkansas. Have you hunted J before?

My buddy and I applied for doe/fawn antelope tags in unit 103. If we get lucky and punch our mule deer tags with time to spare, we'll chase doe antelope.
agenjake
We're coming up from Texas.

I have never hunted mule deer, but I have hunted antelope in 38, which falls within J.

If the tags fall right, we'll spend 3 days chasing antelope, and then the first 5 or 6 days of deer season chasing mulies.
aggie_2010
AG
Good luck to y'all. It'll be our first time in the area assuming we draw. Will probably spend a total of 5-6 days hunting, but haven't decided which days yet.
AgDad121619
AG
So this was my 1st time to apply for a tag anywhere - how does the Co Elk tag work? Will i receive an email with the unit I drew the same day they charge my account?
AgEng06
AG
You will likely see the charge on your credit card before you get any confirmation email, but should see both within a few hours of each other.
Maverick06
AG
CC just got hit. CO mule deer.
mneisch
AG
Same here. Looking forward to going back to the same spot this year and building on last years success.
Maverick06
AG
This will be year 5 for us. Same unit. We passed bucks last year that we shouldn't have but we are absolutely hunting head gear. Have shot a 204", 170ish" 4x4 and a 165" 3x3 in the area. Few more not as impressive but our area has been good to us. Can't wait!
mneisch
AG
Which season will you be in? I'm guessing 2nd since you've successfully drawn so many times in a row. I'll be searching for something considerably bigger now that I know the area a lot better.
Maverick06
AG
Yessir. Second season. Find a unit you like and can draw regularly. Hunt your ass off once you learn the lay of the land and figure out where the deer are. We've been skunked but keep going back looking for an ol' moss back.
mneisch
AG
Curious to hear your thoughts on the impacts of second season being pushed nearly a full week.
lazuras_dc
AG
Credit card just got hit for rifle 2 mule deer. Gmu77
ttha_aggie_09
AG
No word yet on antelope, right?
Maverick06
AG
All depends on the weather. I know we're screwed if we get snow up high before the hunt. Hopefully the deer haven't migrated out by the time we get up there. We're hoping it helps but we'll soon find out.
cupofjoe04
AG
CO deer emails are coming out. Just got my PP email for deer
mneisch
AG
We're hunting in mid-elevation, so I think the later season could potentially push more deer down to us.

Just got the confirmation email from CPW of my successful draw.
AgDad121619
AG
Got my 1st tag for Elk - totally pumped. Been planning this trip in my mind for 15 years. Time to hit the hills with backpack on!
AgEng06
AG
Woo, CO elk tag hit the CC.

Edit: archery tag
ttha_aggie_09
AG
What about pronghorn?!?!?!?!!!!

Congratulations on all you guys drawing tags! But seriously, I hope I draw my pronghorn tag so I don't have to buy a landowner tag.
agenjake
Nice!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.