Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

320,344 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
yeah, I've checked out of this circle jerk of a thread until facts pop up. Seemed to get a few today.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
http://www.kxxv.com/story/29307598/waco-police-release-more-details-on-twin-peaks-shooting-investigation
quote:
475 weapons have been found during police's search of the crime scene. Police say there were 151 firearms, 12 of those were long guns, along with knives, brass knuckles, batons, tomahawks, weighted weapons, a hatchet, stun guns, bats, clubs, a machete, a pipe, an ax, pepper spray, and a chain.
so where did the long guns come from? we know of 1 AK-47 in a locked car.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
yep, 44 casings, 12 from police. Excludes any spent rounds found in revolvers. FBI is currently in possession of the video. Autopsies and ballistics being done by outside firm which is still finalizing results/report.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Waco-Police-Chief-to-Provide-Update-on-Twin-Peaks-Shooting-Investigation-307146261.html

Those pesky facts pop up again.
By my count that's 12 shots fired by police, and at least 32 fired by motorcyclists, presuming the cops didn't use revolvers.

quote:
Stroman said allegations and rumors that Waco police were indiscriminately firing into the crowd were not true. Stroman added that video of the shooting would help tell the story of what happened that afternoon and that it would be released in the future. The video is currently in the possession of the FBI for analysis.

Let's put away the rope for now and wait to hear what the feds say.

OnlyForNow
AG
It's not ok in my book at how badly the system screwed this pooch. People that couldn't be proven to be associated with the criminal biker gangs should have been immediately released and never arrested in the first place.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Stroman said 239 people were originally detained at the scene and 62 were released that day without any charges being filed.
Insert comment about letting the geese go while rounding up the ducks.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
475 weapons have been found during police's search of the crime scene. Police say there were 151 firearms, 12 of those were long guns, along with knives, brass knuckles, batons, tomahawks, weighted weapons, a hatchet, stun guns, bats, clubs, a machete, a pipe, an ax, pepper spray, and a chain.

Some of those weapons were even found using metal detectors after police say they were buried in the ground.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
Stroman said 239 people were originally detained at the scene and 62 were released that day without any charges being filed.
Insert comment about letting the geese go while rounding up the ducks.
  • TP waitstaff
  • TP bartenders
  • TP kitchen staff
  • TP management
  • TP soccer moms/dads/kids from
  • All the above from Don Pablos

I'm guessing that would be a good chunk of the 62 released.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Authorities initially impounded 130 motorcycles and 91 other vehicles. As of Wednesday, June 10, police say 52 of the motorcycles and 47 of those other vehicles have been returned to the owners. 12 other motorcycles and three vehicles were given back to lien holder because of repossession.
But but ... injustice! Due process!
CivilAg10
AG
quote:
By my count that's 12 shots fired by police, and at least 32 fired by motorcyclists, presuming the cops didn't use revolvers
I don't care to be involved with the back and forth here, just wanted to point out that this is not what the article says. Direct quote from the text below:

quote:
Police have recovered 44 shell casings from the scene, but that number does not include revolver rounds fired by non-law enforcement officers. Police are still counting those revolver casings.

12 of those 44 shell casings recovered were from rifles of 3 Waco officers

So, you can't assume that the remaining 32 rounds were fired by the bikers. They could have come from non-revolver handguns of the officers. The only definitive conclusion from the article is that 12 shots came from the rifles of 3 Waco officers.
Windex
AG
quote:
quote:
Honestly, so many of you ready to jump on the Internet lynch wagon based on hearsay and rumors is a little dissapointing.

good to know that conversations with a co-worker who was there and arrested is considered hearsay and rumors. I'll let him know.

i've not posted all of what he's said/revealed, as its not my place to tell his story.
So, is he still being detained or has he been released? If he's been released how long ago?
techno-ag
AG
Yeah, another article seems to indicate some LEOs were in fact carrying revolvers (whoda thunk? maybe backup guns?). Also, some bikers may have been carrying revolvers.
TexasRebel
AG
So far the three articles I've read haven't agreed on where the other casings came from.

If officers used revolvers how would we ever know how many rounds were fired?

If officers used non-department issued handguns (which does happen) they wouldn't count against "law enforcement weapons"
DannyDuberstein
AG
Chief says on video that 3 Waco officers are the only ones that fired, fired 12 shots, and that they were all rifles.

Or at least that's what they've determined at this point.
TexasRebel
AG
Also... People had time to bury firearms, under dirt, and grass grew back up around them?!
CivilAg10
AG
Ah, that's what I get for not watching the video. Thanks for the clarification
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Also... People had time to bury firearms, under dirt, and grass grew back up around them?!
Dunno about grass growing. It seems fairly obvious there was time for everybody to ditch their weapons before being arrested, though
DannyDuberstein
AG
Guessing there are flowerbeds, etc.

They found guns in ovens and in toilets. why not in the flowerbeds too?
Player To Be Named Later
AG
And the plot thickens...... we just found a Vagos MC member dead in his hotel here in town.

And he'd been there awhile.

Weird though, Outlaws tat and Vagos cut on his jacket.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
Police are still counting those revolver casings.
Am I the only one who sees the humor in that bit of "journalism"?

The willful obtuseness of some on this thread is disheartening, to say the least.
TexasRebel
AG
Eh. It said "buried in dirt under grass"
DannyDuberstein
AG
"buried in the ground" is what my eyes see, but whatevs.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
NM
Ark03
AG
quote:
Twelve of the motorcycles and three other vehicles were released to the lien holders due to repossession.

That's one way to recover "stolen" property!
aggielostinETX
AG
Or they were in reposession.
Ark03
AG
quote:
Well, that's what I meant. They were bikes now owned by the bank as the buyers didn't pay their bills. Sorry, after a lot of tedium in this thread that just struck me as funny.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, that's what I meant. They were bikes now owned by the bank as the buyers didn't pay their bills. Sorry, after a lot of tedium in this thread that just struck me as funny.
Yup. Saved the banks from hiring a repo man.
Scruffy
AG
I don't see a timeline on when the bikes were released to the holders.

Could it be they were repo'd because the person missed a payment or two due to being locked up?
jpd301
AG
Full Statement from Waco PD's Facebook Page
quote:
The "Twin Peaks" incident has resulted in an investigation that is unprecedented in the history of the Waco Police Department and McLennan County. Since the initial event, the investigation is a large and complex investigation, involving many entities. It is our intent to release regular updates, but the pace of developments is often beyond our control. We also do not want to release any information that would jeopardize the ongoing criminal investigation. We appreciate the outpouring of community support that we have received during the past weeks and we will continue to serve our community as we investigate this case.

The following is our most current update from the Twin Peaks Shooting Investigation that occurred on 5-17-15:

The number of officers initially assigned to the Twin Peaks event on 5-17-15 are as follows:
There were 16 uniformed Waco Police Department Officers to include 5 Supervisors (3 Sergeants, 1 Commander and an Assistant Chief). Included in that number was a Tactical Element (SWAT Officers) assigned and present.

None of the Officers were assigned in a sniper capacity and all Officers were in their vehicles at the time the suspects began the shooting. Those Officers were stationed in the parking lots adjacent to the Twin Peaks and were visible to patrons entering the Twin Peaks parking lot. There were 6 marked Waco Police units and 4 unmarked Waco Police vehicles. This does not include DPS vehicles. There were also Texas Department of Public Safety Officers assigned to the event as well.

As of this release, there are a total of 44 shell casings recovered from the Twin Peaks scene. This number does not include the revolver rounds fired by non-law enforcement shooters. Those casings are still being counted. 12 of those casings were from the rifles of 3 Waco Officers who discharged their weapons in defense of their selves or a third party. The Waco SWAT Officers' weapons are .223 caliber rifles that are capable of full-auto fire; Officers only fired in semi-auto mode during the incident. There was no full-auto gunfire from any of the Officers at the scene. As is normal practice, rifles carried by the Waco SWAT Officers were deployed with sound suppressors. No other Officers fired rounds from any other weapon during the incident. The Officers involved in the shooting have been assigned administrative duties pending the outcome of the investigation.

The number of weapons discovered during our search of the crime scene has increased since the first release and may continue to increase. The weapon count at this point in time is at least 475 weapons. This includes 151 firearms, 12 of which were long guns. The weapons recovered include: knives, brass knuckles, batons, tomahawks, weighted weapons, a hatchet, stun guns, bats, clubs, a machete, a pipe, an ax, pepper spray, and a chain. Many of these were hastily hidden and some were found using metal detectors as they were buried beneath the grass in the dirt. The involved firearms have been transferred to the ATF for analysis. Videos of the incident have been transferred to FBI Investigators for analysis. Full autopsy and ballistics analysis is being conducted by outside labs and the completed and final results have not been returned to us as of this release.

The special organizational structure of the Twin Peaks Investigation as it continues is this. There is a Commander assigned over the two Criminal Investigation Units (Special Crimes and SAFE-Support, Abatement, Forfeiture and Enforcement) investigating the cases that have developed from the shootings. There have been 4 additional Officers assigned to Special Crimes and 5 additional Officers assigned to SAFE to assist in the workload. This is in addition to the Detectives permanently assigned to those units. There are a total of 21 Officers and Supervisors assigned to the Twin Peaks Investigation.

Besides the addition of these Officers, we continue to receive support and investigation assistance from the following agencies; Texas Department of Public Safety including their Criminal Investigation Division and the Texas Rangers, Federal Bureau of Investigation-FBI, Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms-ATF, Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission- TABC and the McLennan County District Attorney office.

We initially impounded 130 motorcycles and 91 other vehicles. As of June 10, 2015, 52 motorcycles and 47 vehicles have been released to the owners. In addition to those, 12 of the motorcycles and 3 of the other vehicles were released to the lien holders due to repossession. At this point, we have recovered over 1000 pieces of evidence from the crime scene, the Convention Center (where suspects were initially detained) and the jail. Search warrants are still being issued in this case in reference to some of the property held as evidence.

There were 239 persons detained at the crime scene as result of the Twin Peaks shootings. At least 62 individuals were released from the crime scene or from the Convention Center without charges being filed. 177 persons were arrested that night or subsequently on warrants obtained by Detectives.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
As of this release, there are a total of 44 shell casings recovered from the Twin Peaks scene. This number does not include the revolver rounds fired by non-law enforcement shooters.
OK. I guess I misread earlier. On second read, it appears no LEOs shot revolvers. Some suspects did. That number is still being determined.
TexasRebel
AG
It's like letting the defendants gather evidence for the prosecution.
DannyDuberstein
AG
FBI and ATF are in the middle of it. Not sure why the laugh/cry, but I'll let your circle jerk continue momentarily.

But right now we know bikers rolled into a parking lot with at least 6 marked cars and still decided to throw down and fire at least 32 shots.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I don't see a timeline on when the bikes were released to the holders.

Could it be they were repo'd because the person missed a payment or two due to being locked up?
Curse those banks for following the letter of the law. Obama would let somebody take out a loan on a vehicle and never pay it back.
BlueMiles
AG
Is someone holding one of those guns to your head and forcing you to read this? Just don't click on it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm interested in the case. Not so much the circle jerking about the case. The first post about casing count on the last page alerted me to new facts. See the difference?
Player To Be Named Later
AG
I thought someone in this thread told us there were bikers shot with a .308 in the head.....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.